I would disagree. I think Marrowgar favors avoidance.
1) Saberlash can be avoided.
2) His melee hits in 10 man are small but faster (9k range on me).
How about some more information? Exactly what is causing you to wipe at 65%? What is your overall raid DPS? At what point in the fight are your tanks dying? i.e. is it during the transition from P2 back to P1? have the tanks checked combat log to see what killed them?
Having done this on both 10 and 25 man, I will say... the stacking of the tanks can be a little sensitive. Unlike Mother Sharaz, this is a movement fight. One thing that is important to do is, whoever your MT is needs to have a specific plan in regards to which direction they are going to move to, in the event that the blue flame comes at the tanks.
I call it on vent. "MOVING LEFT". And I try to move back and forth, so as to not force the entire raid to spin. Move left. If you get another flame at the tanks, move back right (the first one should be going away by now), etc.
EDIT: A few suggestions, going back over your warrior's armory:
1) He is using some 15 stam / 10 defense gems. These could be much better used with Stam / Avoidance or raw stam, as his defense is at 554 already.
2) As a tank, farming Emblems of Triumph is SUPER, SUPER easy right now. Helm / Gloves / Legs could be easily upgraded. Which will help with...
3) Expertise Expertise Expertise. If I would suggest any one stat for your tank friend to work on in 10 mans, it would be to get his expertise up. Assuming you have all the health buffs. There is a good thread here on Tankspot, I think called "Avoidance Value of Expertise". Expertise really helps reduce incoming damage. Some of the T9 gear is loaded with it.
4) While I think Marrowgar is a good fight for an avoidance setup, I'd definitely agree with switching Cloak + Gloves to armor enchants. Though I would keep Ick's Rotting Thumb.
Also... shields and cloaks are finicky. I am, embarassingly, still using the same cloak as your Warrior. Kill Jaraxxus every week on 10 and 25 man, no cloak. Cleared Ulduar forever... no cloak. Nothing yet from the new 5 mans, 10 man, or 25 man. We just can't get a cloak to drop for ANYTHING.
Last edited by Stymie; 12-14-2009 at 03:45 PM.
"Sometimes attaining the deepest familiarity with a question is our best substitute for actually having the answer." -- Brian Greene.