+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid healing&haste changes

Druid healing&haste changes

I was wondering if with the haste changes anyone thought it would be valid to sacrifice more crit for more haste or if the haste effect would be considered to minimal to really be taken into consideration.

Previously i never saw much of a need for having more that 500 haste but rescently i have been wondering if the haste changes would be worth me sacrificing some more crit for haste. granted i will be losing my t9 4set bonus soon however i would like some more input on the subject from other druids before i go and regem for even more haste :P

While i am on the subject of haste i was also wondering what people thought about speccing farther into balanced to pick up celestial focus for the extra 3% haste.

You want to be at 730 haste with 3 points in Celestial Focus! You should use gems/gear selection/ whatever other means available to reach this number.

i would appreciate numbers for and reasoning as to why you say these stats over crit I am a bit stingy on how my character is geared so i would be interested in knowing the stats/benefits and loses for going with haste vs crit I have heard i want 730 haste before and i wouldnt have posted this thread if i was just asking how much haste i needed :P
    Also i was wondering if anyone had a few combat parses showing pre haste changes vs post haste changes so i can see the difference
    Last edited by Sunchips; 12-11-2009 at 10:14 AM.

I can't give you numbers, but if your question is haste vs. crit i can give you a few reasons why. Feel welcomed to challenge please.

First off with talents and the 2 pc t9 set piece your crit is already pretty high, It's gonna take alot of crit to really affect it at that point and when we start to break our tier bonuses crit will become less important.

If you are a raid healer having your gcd down to 1 second is pretty important, albeit more in 25 than in 10. If you're blanket hotting you obviously want it to 1 second and if you're trying out the new RR glyph you're not gonna see a big difference till you're sitting at at least 750.

I think that the RR Glyph would also make a big difference if you were tank healing, i was trouncing the other healers on fights with tank heavy damage because of that, and again, you want your haste pretty high to use it.

From what i've seen around the boards the question really isnt even haste vs. crit, its gotten to the question of Spell Power Vs. Haste cap.

Pulling this from my druid guide;

(0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 449 haste rating Everything else: 856
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 339 haste rating Everything else: 736

WoA alone (5%)
    (0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 563 haste rating Everything else: 980
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 449 haste rating Everything else: 856

Moonkin/Swift Ret alone (3%)
    (0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 638 haste rating Everything else: 1063
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 523 haste rating Everything else: 936

no haste buffs
    (0/3 CF) Lifebloom: 757 haste rating Everything else: 1193
    (3/3 CF) Lifebloom: 638 haste rating Everything else: 1063

Being at the haste cap is so much more important than crit, especially since most of our spells have a built in crit factor from spec. After you reach the haste cap you can either gem straight for spellpower or go for the socket bonuses with 12 spellpower 10 spirit or 12 spellpower 10 intellect. It really isn't too hard to make it to the haste cap; I only have to change one piece of gear and 3 gems.

It still seems that the numbers are a bit off...i mean 730 haste is alot and i really dont think that much is necissary to heal efficiently...with my haste as it is i have been beating out druids with more haste on healing done not so much total healing but they are way ahead of overhealing i think its mostly contributed to the fact that their HoTS fall off way to fast in comparison to mine and so they will tick on someone who is at full health faster than mine will and ultimatly have a shorter duration than me...i think that 460-500 haste (depending on group makeup and food buffs) would be more than enough haste for a raid healer. it seems like an extreamly ginormous waste of gcd's

The thing is, in 25 man content, if you're a raid healer, you will most likely be casting something on every cooldown. When this is the case you are gonna get an extra cast for every 2 or 3 casts if you have your gcd down to one second, as opposed to say the built in 1.5, that's why it's so important for resto druids.

This fact isn't really new, it was the same in 3.2, the only difference is the change to gift of the earth mother and we just have to adapt to that, before the change, everyone still agreed it was important to get the haste cap and that hasn't changed.

The only reason the other trees' hots would fall off faster is if they were using rapid rejuvenation, and the jury is still out on that glyph. Plus with having the new haste cap our nourishes are getting down to 1.1 or 1 second cast times, which is great imo.

Like Llego said, we get enough crit automatically.

That doesn't mean the haste cap is a prerequisite to raid healing, especially if you're doing 10 man content or just aren't pushing high end progression.

well we are at end game content but tbh with my 450 haste my gcd is down to 1.08 seconds and with latency differences the the .08 isnt going to kill me..my nourish its self is down to 1.19 so im still not seeing why i need that much haste :|

Well its a game, and you're welcome to play it any way you want. The fact is having that haste cap means more people you can have a rejuv on, which is a druids role, and having nourish's cast time as low as possible.

I hope that blanket hotting goes away a little bit and if it does i think it will happen with rapid rejuv, which also benefits more from higher amounts of haste.

Thems are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchips View Post
    well we are at end game content but tbh with my 450 haste my gcd is down to 1.08 seconds and with latency differences the the .08 isnt going to kill me..my nourish its self is down to 1.19 so im still not seeing why i need that much haste :|

You're gemming for crit, I seriously consider re-thinking that considering the high amount of crit we can get from gear/spec. Those yellow slots would be much better suited with sp/haste or sp/int gems. Also you are more than welcome to not get to the haste cap, but the only thing you are doing is not preparing yourself to be the best possible healer that you can be.

i havent had crit gems in months...you may be looking at my old pvp gear O_o

+ Reply to Thread