Thread: ICC 10man bosses, fast rundown

ICC 10man bosses, fast rundown

1st boss, fairly hard if youve never done any of the PTR. Just get your feet wet. Tanks really need to be able to pick up the boss asap after the bone spin. Since he appears to be immune to taunt at that point. Bone graveyard is 1# priority. The dmg he does to tanks is fairly significant. Keep up frost resist due to the flames. Other then that, pretty simple.

2nd boss, lady death whisper.

Wow its easy, 1shotted it after failing on 25man. Adds come on left or right side, and alternates. No add at back but still 3. Just have dps burn them, casters 1st, then back to the boss. Watch out for ghosts. No MC to worry about. Very amazingly easy. Tanks switch after 3 stacks. Keep up interupts (Warrior tanks good here!)

3rd boss. Gun ship battle
    Very fun, have a tank and healer take the guns. This way when they get frozen, they can go over together to down the mage. along with about 2 dps. Getting back is tricky, have all the others go back to your ship 1st, then you last. Dont worry about dpsing the rocketeers. Have your rocketpack hot keyed.

4th boss. While we didn't down it that night, have just 1 tank. and 6-7 dps. The debuff we found isnt that strong, and having an extra dps would more then make up for the amount he healed himself for. He does hit hard, and the dmg is fast and consistant. As the other tank I found myself just running around and stunning the adds. Not doing very much at all. Druid tank would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by shambhala View Post
    1st boss, fairly hard if youve never done any of the PTR. Just get your feet wet. Tanks really need to be able to pick up the boss asap after the bone spin. Since he appears to be immune to taunt at that point. Bone graveyard is 1# priority. The dmg he does to tanks is fairly significant. Keep up frost resist due to the flames. Other then that, pretty simple.

2nd boss, lady death whisper.

Wow its easy, 1shotted it after failing on 25man. Adds come on left or right side, and alternates. No add at back but still 3. Just have dps burn them, casters 1st, then back to the boss. Watch out for ghosts. No MC to worry about. Very amazingly easy. Tanks switch after 3 stacks. Keep up interupts (Warrior tanks good here!)

3rd boss. Gun ship battle
    Very fun, have a tank and healer take the guns. This way when they get frozen, they can go over together to down the mage. along with about 2 dps. Getting back is tricky, have all the others go back to your ship 1st, then you last. Dont worry about dpsing the rocketeers. Have your rocketpack hot keyed.

4th boss. While we didn't down it that night, have just 1 tank. and 6-7 dps. The debuff we found isnt that strong, and having an extra dps would more then make up for the amount he healed himself for. He does hit hard, and the dmg is fast and consistant. As the other tank I found myself just running around and stunning the adds. Not doing very much at all. Druid tank would be best.
    Just to add.

1. Marrowgar will do an attack that is 2 x Damage and it will be shared if someone is close to your tank, keep your off-tank stacked with your main tank and especialy get back stacked after whirlwind phase.

2. Can easily have 2 ranged stay on boss while rest of raid takes adds.

3. Can have 2 ranged on the turrets, having your off-tank, a healer and all melee dps jet pack over to kill the mage then jet pack back after and wait for mage spawns. Rinse and repeat.

4. Having atleast 1 hunter for this boss helps, with using frost traps.

Quote Originally Posted by shambhala View Post
    No.

We thought this too at first and single tanked it. First time we thought, wow he healed a lot, must be from blood beasts catching people or blood nova. So we did a better job of people running out of nova and kiting. He still got 3 marks off and we died 2nd attempt though.

Then we actually read the rune of blood (I had brought it up the first time, they said we'll just dps through it). Mark of Blood steals 5100 - 6000 hp from his tarket. No big deal, we'll just make it up when the mark isn't up.

BUT that 5100 - 6000 hp is converted to 25,500 - 30,000 hp when it heals Saurfang. It's horribly worded, but that's why it says it heals for 5x the amount leached.

So ya, that's more than your raid dps so everytime that mark goes up you can't even tread water. Use two tanks and bounce back and forth. It's an interesting mechanic, since as a tank I don't notice the extra damage that much and neither do the healers so it's not obvious to us that we need to tank swap (unlike Thorim or Gluth).

But there you go. Use 2 tanks and you guys will probably one-shot him .

We did have a problem bringing in a pally tank with constant aoe on the adds though, he just had to be extra, extra careful whenever he saw the graphic for them spawning. I'm not sure what triggers his frenzy, but that was really the only point where I got scared damage wise.

Yeah, we werent bouncing back and forth on the last boss effectively enough.

You know, after posting a more complete thought on this in the video thread, I might soften my stance a little big.

The Rune healing is modified by his swing timer and by him actually landing a hit. So his healing isn't 25-30k hps.

I also can't really be too sure of what the factor for success was, since we 1-tanked him to frenzy and died when 3 people got marked (and died). And downed him 2-tanking it and only letting 1 mark go off.

Also as more attempts went on, I was much more diligent about keeping TC and demo shout up (I'm bad I know). Even though on none of our attempts was tank survivability an issue, the marked person effectively becomes a tank and losing marked people was generally the cause of wipes.

At first, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but mark compounds this ability.

(0mark)= 20-30k health per landed swing.
    (1mark)= 40-60k health per landed swing.
    (2mark)= 60-90k health per landed swing.

In addition, he gains 1BP every time he connects with the target of Rune Blood, and thus, 1BP for every mark, exponentially increasing the rate which he gains BP. This is why two tanks is a necessity, unless you are bringing white-hot DPS.

Yeah, tried again on 10man, down to 6%. Somebody with the mark died. And its game over. Hit the enrage time a few times too.

*sigh* The learning curve.

My guild downed this boss on 10man Thursday, because on Wednesday unluckly the boss got bugged and we had to wait for next day...
    Our group setup was: Prot warrior, Prot paladin, Fury Warrior, Hunter, Warlock, Mage, Elemental Shaman, Holy Pala(me), Resto druid, Holy Priest

After wiping at our first try there due to not knowing too much about the fight, healing was very intense, etc. because we didn't spread. After the first wipe I made all the ranged DPSers spread 12yards away from each other, our resto drood switched to boomkin and our holy priest switched to shadow, so I was the only healer up, 7dpsers, 2tanks.
    With everyone spread the healing became a joke. When the first mark popped up I've put my beacon on that marked person and kept healing the MTs, based on who was tanking. We got the boss down 10-15seconds after he put the first mark on the target.
    Easy mode boss. Even in 25man we used 4healers(2holy paladins, 1resto druid, 1 holy priest) ; I've put beacon on the first person who got marked, the 2nd hpala threw his beacon on the 2nd marked target, resto drood took the 3rd one, and the holy priest took the 4th one and that was pretty much it

PS: a good trick even though it's recommended to use Boomkins with hurricane on the boss before the adds pop, I was usually keeping Righteous Fury up on me and standing in the middle so all the adds were comming to me

Yeah, I mentioned using 2 healers, but that was blasmephy. Certainly will try it.

Doubt we could do 1 healer, but perhaps!

With 2 healers it's extremly easy... I'm kinda used to solo healing a lot of fights so I got used to it.
    But if u go with 2 healers u'll kill it for sure in 2tries maximum if u spread the raid correctly and you have some average dpsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    At first, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but mark compounds this ability.

(0mark)= 20-30k health per landed swing.
    (1mark)= 40-60k health per landed swing.
    (2mark)= 60-90k health per landed swing.

In addition, he gains 1BP every time he connects with the target of Rune Blood, and thus, 1BP for every mark, exponentially increasing the rate which he gains BP. This is why two tanks is a necessity, unless you are bringing white-hot DPS.
    The only way he gets health is when he attacks a tank with mark of blood or a fallen champion dies right? Some guys says that when I get mark of the fallen champion as a melee dps I have to move out or he heals a lot, I don't really see the reason why it would be that way.

Gacktt, you would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    The only way he gets health is when he attacks a tank with mark of blood or a fallen champion dies right? Some guys says that when I get mark of the fallen champion as a melee dps I have to move out or he heals a lot, I don't really see the reason why it would be that way.
    You are correct, and no you don't have to move. DBS will only heal from Mark of the Fallen Champion if he is hitting a tank with Mark of Blood (see the list in above post).

Warriors tanks are one of the best on saurfang10 IMO, ability to shockwave the adds as they spawn, regular taunting plus emergency intercept beast -> charge boss to add in an extra safety net for the ranged. Also has he hits fast with small hits, shield block can block a lot of his damage.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>