+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3.3 277 Feral Tank Best-In-Slot list

How much exp do you run with? I am...well stacking is not the right word but..at like around 11-13% exp and am still wanting the neck from Jax till I get more ICC 10 gear on me. I know I am melee hit capped at least. Btw...you are my hero :-P

Heres the question though, what enchants and gems would you use on each piece?
    "Hard work pays off in the future, Laziness pays off now"

About your spec..

I also have my 4pc first thing i did was respec.. and got King of the jungle, I noticed you have not. Any reason in particular? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Druiddruid
    Last edited by DruidDruid; 02-19-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Adding Armory link

where are you possibly gettin the points from

I don't use primal prec. and imp. leader of the pack.. although I most likely we'll be respecing 1 point in primal prec. do to recent upgrades...

So why so much stam. even in ICC I find stacking solid stam a lil bit of a waste in slots. Personally I use the AP and crit for shoulders, aswell as 110 Ap to my weapon. Mongoose is extra dodge and crit. But would it really take part over a lil extra threat and bear face blocking?
    Last edited by Fluxmane; 02-22-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Why pick up king of the jungle?

The absolute best situation for it is that you're using it every time it's off CD, so once every minute. That gives you 15% more damage (not threat, just damage) for 10 seconds every minute, or a bit less than 3% damage extra per minute. Or, if you like, a bit less than 1% damage per talent point.

Primal precision gives you 1.25% more THREAT per talent point, and that's assuming you're dodge-capped. If you're not dodge capped on expertise, it gives a whopping 2.5% more threat per talent point.

So point per point, primal precision is far better.

But that's if you use it every minute. I don't know about you, but the 4pT10 isn't great because I get more rage; it's great because it's another cooldown. That's hugely important. And it turns out that cooldown use isn't really a 'once every minute' kind of thing. It's used when it's needed. And there are plenty of cases where it's simply better to wait until I need to use it, like on Arthas beatdowns.

In which case, KotJ is completely wasted.

Now where kotj is better is on snap threat - having 15% more damage at a certain point (like on a berserk) is good. But that's a very narrow area, and typically only at the beginning of a fight. The other reason to get it is if you're swapping to cat a lot. But even then, primal precision wins out.

So why so much stam. even in ICC I find stacking solid stam a lil bit of a waste in slots. Personally I use the AP and crit for shoulders, aswell as 110 Ap to my weapon. Mongoose is extra dodge and crit. But would it really take part over a lil extra threat and bear face blocking?
    You're really asking at the wrong website and asking the wrong guy. Yes, having 70k stam is good, especially when dealing with bosses that can hit for 65-70k damage in .5 seconds. It tends to be great that way.

Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    You're really asking at the wrong website and asking the wrong guy. Yes, having 70k stam is good, especially when dealing with bosses that can hit for 65-70k damage in .5 seconds. It tends to be great that way.
    O.o, not really sure how to take that. but if you must know kalon I have 8 shiftings right now and 10 solids (not counting the 3 jcing solids) and almost every shifting gives me an agi bonus and 10 stats to chest instead of 18 stam. But his question is really out of left field. Agi vs Stam is a legit topic but you should NEVER EVER be gemming and enchanting ap as a tank.

Also, moongoose is haste and in the end probably is more threat than 110 ap when you combine the haste and crit.

"bear face blocking" as you put it, you gain what 25-30 more damage absorbed?

O.o, not really sure how to take that. but if you must know kalon I have 8 shiftings right now and 10 solids (not counting the 3 jcing solids) and almost every shifting gives me an agi bonus and 10 stats to chest instead of 18 stam. But his question is really out of left field. Agi vs Stam is a legit topic but you should NEVER EVER be gemming and enchanting ap as a tank.
    I'm kinda surprised. Ignoring the head requirement, you're trading 96 agi for 93 stam. Do you really feel that this makes a significant difference in your survival? That's about 1.5% more dodge and 200 armor vs 1500 health, give or take a couple.

Is that counting all 8 socket bonuses?

All 7 - it's ignoring the head because that will always be activated unless you're insane. The breakdown looks like:
    10 agi, 21 stam vs 30 stam
    16 agi 15 stam vs 30 stam
    14 agi 15 stam vs 30 stam
    14 agi 15 stam vs 30 stam
    10 agi 21 stam vs 30 stam

96 agi, 117 stam vs 210 stam

Even with +6 agi bonuses you're still basically trading 16 agi for 15 stam.

Ty for you input on the exp. vs. the kotj spec.., I thought after the soft exp. cap it was kinda better to use otherwise. I like the increased damage output form kotj and threat is and has never been a problem for me. And to Fluxmane I will never put ap on my weapon.. find it completely uncomparable to mongoose. And as long as my dodge and threat are working well i see no problem and geming mostlly stam, I do get some of the socket bonuses if they seem worth it.

I do agree with the Agi V.S. Stam. ugh it just hurts to put Stam and Res on my shoulders seeing as one is a completly useless stat. Also, I would prefer the 22 Agi to gloves over the stam for now. Wont be working on heroics for a few weeks, and I dont see my health dipping to points of worrie on any fights really. Again, change gear with whats needed in minor situations I guess. Then again this is a listing under BIS.

And my question was in reply to the question on gems and enchants for said BIS gear, just a late reply is all.

how much stam is too much? i run 6 shiftings + agi enchants on my hands, feet, and back plus 10 stats on chest and hodir on shoulders and i still had 70k raid buffed last night with new 5% buff. Its fun to look at high hp at all but it seems it wouldnt add much to my survivability to rem gem enchant stam.

Also on a side note saw the paragon tank with blood draining, is that a situational enchant or is that viable now?

Also on a side note saw the paragon tank with blood draining, is that a situational enchant or is that viable now?
    If you absolutely, postiively need as much possible health or healing or anything as you can get - it's not bad. And for some fights it's pretty decent. For instance, on LK given the 30-second tank swaps and the huge damage hits, chances are it's going to at least be used reasonably often.

I just want to confirm.

Hit cap is not needed?

Is this provided we glyph Growl, and that is it?

It just makes me feel really uneasy, y'know, like part of me is being sucked out when i know there is a chance my moves will miss.

And as an aside, i do not spec into Infected Wounds as we have a frost DK, that debuffs him for me, thus freeing up my points for imp KoTJ.

For trash, as long as you have a rogue to tot when your warriors/hunters trigger deathwish, you should be fine with only having 6% spell hit + glyph of growl + misery (so that you don't miss taunts). On bosses, though, you should be fine even without tots. Just stack up lacerate to 5 and then pop berserk and mangle spam. Most of the time I don't even have to pop berserk because my threat is so high, and I can save it for when there's a bloodlust.

Hi,

This is probably a stupid question,but I am wondering, why are so many BiS auxiliary items (rings, capes, etc.) canonical tanking ones (Str/Def/Dodge) instead of Agility? Does the Dodge tanking itemization in general outweigh the Agility benefit on rogue gear?

For a concrete example, is Devium's Eternally Cold Ring really better than Seal of Many Mouths? Is regular Bile-Encrusted Medallion really better than Wodin's Lucky Necklace or Sindragosa's Cruel Claw?

Or, more immediately, when I hit 80, should I aim to grab Dextrous Brightstone Ring, or Clutch of Fortification, from the Triumph emblem rewards?

Is the tanking gear better purely because of the extra stamina?

My druid is closing in on 80, and I am a bit confused about how to gear him in terms of rings/necks/capes. It sounds like I should go for rogue gear in armor, Agility two-handers, but Dodge-itemized tanking gear in miscellania, is this right?
    Last edited by danilche; 03-24-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Danilche

I was ask about this a while back ago form a follow guildie. I response to him that I like the armor on all my rings neck and cape. Plus there normaly a higher amount of stam on these pieces.

+ Reply to Thread