Closed Thread

Thread: irratic mob movement since 3.3

irratic mob movement since 3.3

Hi All. Since 3.3 dropped I have been noticed mobs reacting a lot more aggressively to my movement while tanking, and its been driving me a bit nuts.

For example, my routine on trash packs has been to charge, thunder clap, then consolidate mobs in front of me (with either a small backward movement or jump forward and turn) and shockwave. This has always worked well in the past, but my attempts since the patch have yielded some odd results. The mobs seem to overshoot where I'm trying to move them, often moving through me and facing my back.

It may be just the increased lag on the server in the wake of the patch, and if its permanent I'll undoubtedly adjust in time, but I was curious if others had noticed the same thing. What say you, fellow tanks?

I've noticed it too, drives me nuts as well. Makes HoR just that much more difficult for a warrior too.

GC has posted that it's a known bug MMO-Champion BlueTracker - Mobs getting behind

Thank the gods it's getting fixed. This drove me up the wall last night. Did Old Kingdom, got to the first boss and I charged in to pick him up, spin him around and face him away from the group. He kept moving right on top of me as I backpedaled, and I couldn't hit him. This kept up for a good 3 or 4 attempts at positioning him until DPS pulled aggro and I only got him in position after I had taunted.

It's been absolutely nuts.

It is worst bug in 3.3 patch for me. It makes tanking less enjoyable... actually I don't want to tank with that bug, especially new heroics. In raids it's ok, but in dungeons it really sucks.

No matter if you run or walk, mobs will act like you would run before 3.3. Small move backward and mobs are behind you.

Hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

Oh thanks for this news, I thought I was struggling more because the new dungeons were unfamiliar, but this totally makes sense now!

This is good to know, thought DnD and HB no longer grabbed aggro.

I noticed it too. Seemed as if they wanted to be behind you. Thankfully most stuff I've been tanking is undead so I can holy wrath them and the position myself. Thankfully they see its a problem and HOPEFULLY the fix is in soon.

It is aggravating, but honetly kind of fun because it is a challenge. Moving around and being forced to pay attention to mobs who now have a distinctly bad attitude keep me more involved. Gets the group I am in a little nervous, but oh well

Not so much frustrating for the tanks as for melee dps - i've been jitterbugging all over the map keeping the mobs in front of me - I'm sure melee hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lart View Post
    GC has posted that it's a known bug MMO-Champion BlueTracker - Mobs getting behind

Huzzah! Glad to know they are on it, and that my skills have NOT in fact plummeted for no apparent reason.

Ya thank god for the hopefully quick fix.

HoR and FoS were nightmares on my warrior - although even without the bug FoS has some of the most annoying trash ><
    "I've been thinking Hobbes..." "On a weekend" "Well it wasn't on purpose" -C&H

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    Not so much frustrating for the tanks as for melee dps - i've been jitterbugging all over the map keeping the mobs in front of me - I'm sure melee hates me.
    I was wondering about that myself, had to bite my tongue a few times on my enhancement shaman (as enhancement) in instances. I wanted to show at the tank to hold still, dammit!

Then I read these threads and did some tanking myself on an alt, and saw the issue first-hand. :P

There are already a handful of threads discussing this no?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread