+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICC & Lord Marrowgar Instant Deaths

ICC & Lord Marrowgar Instant Deaths

Thanks in advance for reading and responding.

I am a Warrior Tank and am fairly well geared currently running ToC 10/25 mans on Normal. We ran our first attempts on ICC and I have watched the videos and taken notes. I am currently working as the OT to a well geared Pally Tank.

My problem is that I could not seem to stay up past the first Whirlwind and mostly I was almost instantly killed by the Saber Lashes (tanks were stacked). Looking at the charts the hits came very quickly dealing 15k each with only 10% damage reduction due to various abilities.

Some of this was probably just bad luck in that one of the Healers was almost always impaled by the Bone Spikes and as soon as another healer switched to heal the impaled healer, I would go down.

This is understandable but after reviewing damage with the MT Pally, he was taking roughly the same amount of damage so I am not sure if my issues are gear, ability, heals or a warrior as a tank (having watched pally tanks in action I know I cannot stay in a fight as long as a pally).

I began to specifically watch for healer impales and would pop my Shield Wall as soon as I saw that but that is only a one time thing for this fight.

I hope that I have included my Armory link below. Due to the Dodge Reduction in ICC I am probably going to regem to Stack Parry. I will also be upgrading my Helm and Gloves soon.

I would like any suggestions on Respec, Gear Upgrades or possible rotations or tips I might be able to use to help keep myself in the fight. I am concered due to the fact that the Pally never went down, it was always the warrior tank that died.

Thanks so much!

Rough Stats are: 5/15/51
    Def: 572, Dodge +30%, Parry +21%, Block 19.99 (1414), Armor: 25673, Health +40k buffed

The World of Warcraft Armory

I haven't looked at your armory, but from your description, it sounds like you're doing what you are supposed to be doing. I'm not sure what they did last night, but after 2 wipes in 25 man, our healers got very quiet while they put their heads together in a private channel, and when they came out and we attempted again, I barely saw my HP move for the whole fight, which was a 1 shot with everyone up.

My point is that I think that this fight is probably as much of a coordination of healers as it is anything else. Given the way that the spikes work, and the fact that both tanks are taking reasonably heavy damage, I'd likely bring 3 healers to 10 man.

my suggestion is to not stack parry. Dodge, albeit a smaller chance, is as powerful an avoidance stat in relation to parry as it was before. The gains from adding dodge rating with or without Radiance are the same.

Oh, and Marrowgar is mostly physical damage, so try to stack armor as much as you can. I use the Glyph of Indomitability, Armor Potions, and the Burnished Quel'Serrar on that fight and I reach ~39k armor, which helps tremendously against an all physical boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Oh, and Marrowgar is mostly physical damage, so try to stack armor as much as you can. I use the Glyph of Indomitability, Armor Potions, and the Burnished Quel'Serrar on that fight and I reach ~39k armor, which helps tremendously against an all physical boss.
    This.

armor is OP against this boss if you stay out of the fire.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

- You should be using shield wall as a matter of course when a healer gets spiked in 10 man if you're running with 2 healers (we did). If Sw is on Cd then use other shit as it;s the most dangerous part of the fight in this scenario.

- People on the spike don't need healing straight away, especially if it's a healer on the spike. It's only 10% HP a sec and the spikes go down very fast (3-4 seconds) with 6 DPS. It's probably easier for the healer coming off the spike to top/hot themselves after more than anything, as you will need some form of heals on the tanks at all times.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I can reiterate the importance of this statement, I have ~29k armor unbuffed so with an indestructable pot I was only taking 11/12k hits.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

32k unbuffed is not going to cut it if saber lash is hitting for 15k. I haven't done the fight personally yet, but if it can be shield blocked, put that up if a healer gets impaled, otherwise shield wall or last stand or even maybe enraged regen.

Furthermore you really should take a look at your trinkets. I HIGHLY recommend dropping both of those and picking up "The Black Heart" and the glyph mentioned above. Also armory is messed up for me atm, but this fight seems like it is very much an EHP fight, not an avoidance fight, you're not going to want to stack dodge or parry, you're going to want to stack stam and armor.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

So Keep the Dodge?

I have the Black Heart which I was contemplating using. That is also a good thought on the Armor Potions (they last 2 minutes if I remember)...

Quote Originally Posted by Rathgor View Post
    So Keep the Dodge?

I have the Black Heart which I was contemplating using. That is also a good thought on the Armor Potions (they last 2 minutes if I remember)...
    I'd replace both of your trinkets with EH trinkets. The Black Heart and the Glyph of Indomitability are excellent choices.

Indestructible Potions last 2 minutes. If you take one right before the fight starts before you are in combat, it'll last for 2 minutes, and then you can take another when that one wears off, for 4 minutes of coverage. That's a huge damage reduction for this fight.

get rid of those doge gem like now.

you should never stack avoidance at the expense of effective health for this reason, it just doesnt work. with chill of the throne you have 10% dodge, is it really worth the loss of several thousand health?

+ Reply to Thread