+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Deathbringer Saurfang

Anytime lol we said the same thing NEARLY THERE TO THE HM MOUNT!

Is there any general layout for the dps/healers? Like, who would be closer to the boss who would be in the back?

That seems to be something that we lack, we cant get the right amount of space between every person to limit the BP.

We had just about every healer pull aggro at some point over the past two nights(on the beasts that is). I did my best to make sure they were in the back of the dps. We stacked two people on top of each other. That way we could guarantee we never had any 10+ BP blood nova's go off. Each nova would guarantee 4 BP, but I'll pick predictability over luck any day.

As far as positioning, using the "Buddy system" we had no problem with BP stacks!

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it seems his Blood Nova ability works on the same targeting mechanic as General Vezax's shadow crash. (Targeting only ranged as long as X number are alive and 15? yards away from the boss)

I can't confirm it this week, but letting you stack a few healers/ranged with melee would give a lot more room to work with.
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

That description of Blood Nova is accurate with the current guide. We have had zero cast on the melee in our myriad of attempts before the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    that's rather interesting. if you just simply let them die this fight could probably even be 4 healed (I see you guys ran with 5)

anyone figure out if the life leech heal, and more importantly, the heal when a marked player dies is affected by healing debuffs like MS?
    Can 4-heal it and heal through marks already, but letting the Marked person die simply makes it easier to 4 heal.

Can't answer for the MS question though, I don't bother watching the screen for the fight. Huzzah for sound warnings when the other tank gets Rune of Blood.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

We just did this tonight on 10 man. Tried a few attempts with the 1 Tank, but it seemed it didn't work so well for our set up. We made far more progress with the 2 Tank method and I helped control the adds when they went out of the Frost path with taunts and stuns, Prot Warrior can really shine helping control the elements in this fight.

Just killed this in a 10 man pug. We wiped repeatedly trying it the "normal" way, ie with two tanks and healing everyone who gets the marks. But we were falling short on the dps requirement and getting overwhelmed with marked people dying at less than 10% consistently. We tried switching to one tank, but found that whenever he put the rune of blood on the tank, we he healed as fast as we could damage him so he would basically stay 74% or whatever for the duration of the debuff. We were killing him faster with two tanks taunting off each other.

Then we had the idea that since he gains blood power faster and faster as people get marks, we would just let the marked person die. We had 3 healers, 2 tanks, and 5 dps. First mark went off on a holy priest, he shadow word deathed himself to speed things up, but that doesn't really matter. He died, and we kept on burning. The boss died before the second mark went off and we got the achievement. Even if the first mark had gone on a dps, we still would have been able to kill him and get the achievement, because, like I said, we hadn't even hit the second mark when he died so we had plenty of time.

At 4:35 you mention that Hunters should use MD and Multi-Shot to help manage aggro. Due to the change to MD, however, it would be more prudent to use MD and Volley. It will load far more aggro per mob onto the druid, and hit all of the Blood Beasts, instead of just three.

Love the guide! Hope to get him down soon

Lauf said, "Downed 25man last night, had no Hunters so we used a mage spec into Frostbite, Permafrost, Imp Blizzard, and Chilled to the bone, basically full frost".

We did the same on both 10 and 25 man. We actually 2 hunters using traps but we kept wiping at 25%. As soon as the mage switched his spec to frost from arcane and both hunters used their traps we beat him in 25 man. For the 10 man version we tried using 1 hunter and could not beat him again. So we had the mage switch over to frost and we killed him on the next pull. I love this strategy. Thanks.
    Last edited by mwanecek; 12-12-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joequincy View Post
    At 4:35 you mention that Hunters should use MD and Multi-Shot to help manage aggro. Due to the change to MD, however, it would be more prudent to use MD and Volley. It will load far more aggro per mob onto the druid, and hit all of the Blood Beasts, instead of just three.
    because of the 90% aoe Damage reduction multi shot is better because it isn't actually considered AoE int his encounter. if that aoe damage reduction wasn't in place volley MD would be exponentially better.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I led our guilds first clear of the current ICC content last night using the Tank Spot 25 man videos as a guide, and would just like to add some notes on the 10 man variation.

Our Setup was

Tanks: DK War

Healers: Shammy, Paladin, Druid

DPS: Rogue, Priest, 2 Warlocks (Destro Demo), Boomkin

Unfortunately our Boomkin didn’t have his push back to keep the adds at bay, so instead the DK (me) chained each one as it popped up giving the dps enough time to kill them before getting into any real trouble. The second tank also taunted them once if need be whilst standing away from the boss to make sure they didn’t aggro onto the active tank.
    In the video it mentions running this with a single tank however in the 10 man version we found this to be troublesome as he would heal up too much during the Rune of Blood mark and (it would seem) gain a lot of Blood Power, however I cannot confirm that this was due to Rune of Blood at the moment but it did look this way. So we opted for a two tank approach with the current off tank staying at a short range from the boss whilst under the effects of Rune of Blood to help with add kiting.
    One last thing we were unsure of was at what rate he was suppose to be gaining blood power as our first few attempts had him rocketing up and placing Fallen Champion before dipping below 7000k. Once we got the tactics down we found we were able to get him down to about 3000k before the first one was placed and only had two active at the end of the fight.
    Everything else is the same as 25 man, hope this helps.

Just thought I'd chime in here. My guild got this down on 10man tonight, and after a few wipes, we worked out a strategy that worked really well until about 10% or so.

Our makeup was:

2 tanks, pally/warrior
    6 dps, feral/rogue/unholy DK (Me)/fury warrior/2 hunters
    2 healers, holy pally/resto shaman

The rogue was originally a boomkin while we tried that method, but we wound up switching because we were having a lack of good dps uptime on the boss from the ranged. We wound up having a focused burn on him, with beacon on the tank, until the adds spawned. Both hunters distracted a seperate add, and then the feral and the rogue laid into the adds (1 on each,) as I chains of ice-d each one to give time for the frost traps to go active. With the extra dps on the adds, we were able to get a good 15-20 seconds of everyone on the boss at the same time, which helped to burn him down quicker.

When the first mark went out, the pally just beaconed the mark and healed the tank, and on the second, he started to heal that one while the shaman focused on the tanks. Everything was cool until about 15% or so, when an add got loose for some reason, a 3rd mark went out, and we lost both the paladin and the feral, who both happened to be marked.

We got lucky and managed to burn him back down, and wound up taking him out with both healers dead (shaman died to an add, ankh-ed and got the tank topped off before an add chased him again,) after popping everything and wrecking into him.

TL;DR version - burst melee with increased move speed helping on the adds can get your ranged on the boss faster.

Just led my guild through ICC 10 man tonight and got him down on the 5th attempt.

Setup:

Tanks: Pally and Warr
    Heals: Priest (holy), Priest (disc), Shammy
    Dps: Boomkin, DK, Lock, Mage, Rogue

We initially had 1 tank on the boss, but our dps could not keep up with the Rune of Blood so we used 2 tanks to taunt off each other when the other tank had the debuff.

As for adds, the boomkin unfortunately did not have typhoon so we did another strat:

The boss would be tanked where he stands at the start. When the adds come up, the tank would move the boss towards the back (towards the closed gate). The boomkin would roots the left add, while the right add would be focused-fired on. If the tank tanking Saurfang was the pally, then the warrior tank would use Concussion Blow or a Shockwave on the right add to keep it stunned. If the tank tanking Saurfang was the warrior, then the pally would use Hammer of Justice to stun the right add. This bought enough time for the dps to nuke the right add and switch to the left add. Having a shammy in the group helped with the use of Earthbind totem. Once both adds were down, the tank would move Saurfang to the original position, so that the add spawn points would stay the same. This worked incredibly well. In fact, we only had 1 Mark of the Fallen Champion and we got the achievement.

As for dealing with the mark, for this fight, the rogue got the mark and since we had 3 healers, we designated 1 of the healers (think it was the shammy) to main heal the rogue. However, if the mark had landed on one of the healers or ranged dps, the pally would've used Blessing of Protection to negate the damage.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
    Last edited by Galendian; 12-13-2009 at 06:22 AM.

so we just attempted icc10 on saurfang, after 8 minutes, he appeared to enrage, gained a buff that increased his damage by 500% and proceeded to one shot everyone.

was curious if anyone else had seen this? i'm gonna see if i can get a screenshot of it, if it happens again.

have the screenshot, it seems hes at an 8 min enrage.
    Last edited by Midguard; 12-13-2009 at 09:20 PM.

It's gotta be an enrage. i can't believe you guys made it 8 minutes with all those marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wars View Post
    It's gotta be an enrage. i can't believe you guys made it 8 minutes with all those marks.
    we actually only got 2 marks i think, and we reached soft enrage, which was also right when he did the hard enrage, with a dps at 2.5k which was holding us back a bit...

but, our group was entirely ranged, so we had em all on the beasts when they popped, so we had beast down quickly, with them very rarely doing a hit

two tanks yelling in vent the very second they got the debuff...

Someone mentioned tranq shotting the frenzy, this isn't right is it?

Quote Originally Posted by zerek2211 View Post
    Someone mentioned tranq shotting the frenzy, this isn't right is it?
    On Tuesday his enrage was removable and he was disarmable.

Since then he's been made immune to both it appears.

Definately disarm has been hotfixed didn't work for me last night

+ Reply to Thread