Wuhu... can't wait to kill this guy on 10m
You can find a guide to the heroic version of this encounter here!
Originally Posted by TheGreatMe (25-man)Originally Posted by Lore (10-man)
Last edited by Aliena; 02-16-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Wuhu... can't wait to kill this guy on 10m
I assume donor download is coming soon....?
Haven't read the information or watched the video above since we already finished the encounter before checking on here for these videos but just some information for 10 man;
1. Only 2 adds spawn in the 10 man version, these can be taken care of with 2 ranged dps. No special abilities required to hold them in place, but a hunters frost trap and sometimes a DK's chains of ice can be helpful.
2. The adds don't really pose much of a threat on 10man, my main tank kept taking aggro on one of the adds as they spawned meaning it was attacking him for a while, this caused us zero issues. (I cant even remember Saurfang getting to 100% of his energy bar once!).
3. We used 2 healers, one of which being a Disc Priest so the shields probably helped, the other being a Druid healer. As i was the Disc priest i can say that the fight is VERY easily 2 healed, it's better to have the extra DPS.
4. Boss died very quickly, we one shot it, but it felt more like a tank and spank, just like how all 10 man content is i suppose, until hardmodes are released.
My guild downed the first 3 in this raid with only a few mess ups most coming on Lady Deathwhisper. We attempted Saurfang I want to say 4-5 times last night. We were blowing though it until we hit around 30% and he does his second mark of the fallen. At this point heals start falling off and we lose ppl. Just a bit more on what we were doing on this fight.
Raid Make up
2- Tanks (both pallys)
5- Dps (2 physical,3caster)
3- Healz (Priest,Druid,Pally)
When adds spawned we had out hunter kite one while we killed it. Othe add we had Druid rooting it as we killed it. Adds were not an issue. However like I said before after the first Mark our pally healer simple beaconed the person with it and it was fine. But by the time he did his second Mark he was around 30% and thats where we keep failing. Any suggestions.
after mark is applied watch saurfangs blood power, once it hits ~85 blow a defensive CD on the person with mark (GS, PS, BoP if it works (I haven't personally tested it but I don't see why it wouldn't),etc.) do this on everyone that has mark every time he gets high in BP, you may need to make a CD rotation so you don't accidentally overlap them. the player with mark them selves should use one of their personal defensive CD's when he gets close to marking another player as well.
Did this on our alts in 10-man Monday after the raid. Gear wasn't incredible so we had a few wipes while we experimented. We had two tanks, two ranged, and three healers at the beginning. I was on my hunter and these are the things we tried and how we got to a kill:
1. Shadow priest and I kited adds around and killed them. Problem: it's easy to run out of space and contribute to BP gains if you're too close to another player, and the two ranged spent the majority of their time dealing with adds.
2. We had melee stun one of the adds every time and then the entire raid blew it up. Resto shaman frostshocked the second add out of the melee and then the spriest and I kited/killed it. Ranged usually had 20 seconds or so to dps the boss before the next adds spawned. However, this fell apart towards the end as too many marks went out. As soon as someone died to mark it was over.
3. We had one of the healers switch to dps and continued the add handling mentioned in 2. This lead to a very clean kill with the boss only casting one mark before he died.
Note, we went back last night on our mains and did roughly the same strategy except I solo tanked the encounter. As a result the boss gained BP a lot faster and got off a second mark close to the time he was dying. Obviously it wasn't an issue since he died, but for less geared groups I would recommend having your third healer go dps but keep your second tank and swap on debuff.
Last edited by Vaelia; 12-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Can we get any confirmation about disarm being hotfixed? One of our rogues tried it last night and for some reason we weren't sure if it worked.
I was using the /stopwatch feature for the few attempts we had on Tuesday before our raid was over, so I wasn't looking too too closely at the exact second the Beast would appear, just calling it out as incoming at ~35 seconds since the last one. Unfortunately our soft reset made the NPC's despawn and we couldn't do anything last night with the updated mods, so we couldn't get a better grasp on the timers.
I watched your video for some inspiration on the tacs for this fight. One thing my guild changed compared to your tactics, is with the kiting of bloodbeasts. Put simple we made a path of frost traps and earth bind totems from the boss towards Muradin. At the end of it we had a holy paladin with righteous fury up, this meant that his threat from healing was enough to keep the adds running throug the entire path of snares. We combined it with MD from our hunters, and a moonking plus a firemage to knock back adds when they got close. It gave us a very nice control on the adds.
Just curious, but would you mind giving me a list of your addons? I'm sorry if you have listed them before. Thanks.
TGM thanks for the guide, we wiped on him a bunch last night. We just couldn't get him down fast enough or keep people spread.
How many healers did you run? We had 6 heals, 2 tanks and 17 dps, yet we only got him to about 15% the closest try.
Also, what font do you use for msbt?