+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming for ICC

Gemming for ICC

First off I apologize if I posted in the wrong section. I am a long time viewer of TankSpot and now first time registered.

I have been hearing everyone discuss and complain about the dodge debuff in ICC; bosses don't hit as hard as ToC but tanks are hit more often. What I would like to know is how it would affect gemming for tanks in general (I am a warrior). I used to stack stam during Naxx and some Ulduar content. During ToC heroic progression, I began using the hybrid gems from what I read on the forums.

I am hearing one group say that now we have to stack stam, and another group saying that we still go for avoidance. I know it's still too early to tell, but I am left scratching my head. Does anyone have the numbers of theorycrafting ideas to come up with a decision?

My Armory Page:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

first off, ICC bosses hit less hard than they would of if they hadn't put in chill of the throne, they still will hit harder than ToC, though normal modes are pretty straightforward at the moment and don't really hurt that much.

Secondly, gemming will probably depend on fights. I actually plan on having 2 sets of gear, 1 for EHP and one for Avoidance. (someone wanna chip in to buy me 4 24 slot bags? lol). For the most part right now, keep gemming stam, the further bosses in may be more challenging, but for the time being it doesn't matter much. Once heroics come out, some fights like saurfang and gunship may require tanks to have a raw avoidance set because of fight mechanics.

Gem based on the fight is basically what I'm saying, and have different pieces of gear that you can throw on for different scenarios.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thanks for your input.
    I guess I can wait a bit for more content to open up before I start changing my gems around. I'll stick with the hybrid avoidance for a bit longer and see

Currently I'm just gemming for def/stam, dodge/stam, and straight stam in my pieces that have 3 socket(red, yellow, and blue).

Same I was gemming in ToGC currently. Till heroic modes open up, I don't seem a reason to change.

I'm still gemming stam, agility, def./hit and it's been serving me pretty well although I'm a little on the low side for hit atm due to gear changes. I quit gemming dodge as the agility just seems to be more effective overall (EH, armor, hp, dodge and crit) I am seeing a trend with the amount of def. on the gear that gemming for def is soon going to be a moot point, at least it looks that way atm, so yellow sockets will be more available for hit or hybrids.

+ Reply to Thread