+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Complete Arms Warrior Guide

its always been like that. you have to get used to slamming and then immediately queuing hs.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hello everyone!

It's been a while. Thanks to all of you who kept answering questions in the thread -- I was extremely busy IRL for the past two months, so this guide got a little neglected (or more accurately, released and then ignored). But no more!

I'll be updating it soon with the questions and answers in this thread, followed soon by concrete theorycrafting on the ideal way to play Incite.

wb shiz
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

woo, always good to have you back shiz.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

A simple warrior timer addon for noobs like me is "Warrior Proc Alert". It is small and moveable, i have it right above my dominos action bars where i can easily see both my cd's and the timer

Hia guys a small q

What is the preffer gem that we need to use is it arp or str?
    what is the best balance on your opinion.
    and trough what will we make more dps?
    also in the end do we need an sertin expirence as 27-29 or its not really matter due o the doge.

expertise cap doesn't matter for arms. if you are under expertise cap, just prioritize overpower over anything else for your rotation.

for gemming, it depends on your gear and what trinkets you have. if you have an arp proccing trinket (grim toll, runestone, or needle encrusted scorpion) you should just gem arp until to reach the point where you will hit 100% arp when that trinket procs. if you don't have an arp proccing trinket, then it gets a little tricky. you should download and use landsoul's spreadsheet to check with your gear setup how you should gem. everyone will be slightly different since it is based of the exact gear you have. general rule of thumb is red gems for red and blue sockets. if a piece of gear has a yellow socket on it and no blue sockets to get a socket bonus, then gem 10str/10crit in yeloow sockets unless you are close to the passive arp cap, then gem full arp.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hia :)

thanks for the answer any chance i can link you my gear and you would tell me what you think i should improve (incase that you can http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Chita

blackfox, create a new thread with your armory linked in it in the HALP! forum, it's an entire forum dedicated for people like yourself who want an armory lookup and advice. This thread is not the right place to ask for such advice.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hey guys just wondering, today i had someone told me i should spec into Weapon Mastery and drop some expertise, in which case i have too much apparently. My question is, specced into Weapon Mastery, is it viable to spec out of Improved Execute, seeing as OP proc should be prioritise?

My current spec set-up is similar to the ones in the first page of this awesome guide. Any help is much appreciated.

i wouldn't spec into weapon mastery but i would still drop expertise. when i use the standard arm build of 54/17 i don't pick up wm, but with the incite spec (55/8/8) i get 1/2 weapon mastery just because there is one leftover point and that's the only place to put it.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks for your input, because im currently im trying to improve my DPS and thinking of what my friend told me would help increase my dps, im only pulling 6.5k-7.8k at max. What is your opinion on the min amount of expertise an arms warrior need? Im currently at 26, and by default, its way too much for me.

One more, im intrigue with the incite spec as you have mentioned above. Is there any site you could recommend me as i would like to learn more regarding this incite spec; rotation and jazz like that. Much appreciated brother.

I'm thinking about using my 2nd spec as Arms, but I don't have Shadow's Edge and can't get it for a while. My best weapon is Cryptmaker and for fury spec right now I'm using Ramaladni's. Is it worth it running an Arms spec if you don't have a solid axe? It would seem if you go mace you lose out on the obvious poleaxe spec but gain the ability to stack quite a bit more pure strength by not needing to gem Arp virtually at all. I know the original post says poleaxe is better and the other specs are close but I was wondering if that's still true.

Ok so I'm running with about 11 expertise, shifting Overpower to the top of priority. This is fine. but my question is I'm prone to have a Bladestorm get dodged, if timed right would it be better to cancel BS and use the OP before TFB procs?

My experience is that Bladestorm is so situationally a single target dps gain that I only bother for AoE. In which case, I'll definitely rather finish off Bladestorm than OP-ing.

Bladestorm is so situationally a single target dps gain that I only bother for AoE
    bladestorm is a single-target gain if used right after a tfb proc and rend will stay on target. it's better to hold it for an aoe situation, but you should be using it every fight.

let bladestorm finish before overpowering, chances are you will be getting a tfb proc to overwrite that dodge procced overpower anyways.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I thought you had to account for MS cooldown when using BS on single targets?

Which granted, it's not hard to line up MS/OP/BS.

I'm hung up on the idea of "maximize Mortal Strike." Maximize in what way? Hitting it in conjuction with procs? Maybe I'm being blind to an obvious thing here but could someone maybe clarify that point? I'd love to squeeze more DPS out in raids.

He means quite simply using it as often as possible.

It's a little tricky though with a 5 sec cooldown; it messes with your GCD timing.

With the change to TC in 3.3.3, has anyone used the Incite spec as an trash-AoE spec? I was thinking of giving it a try on my Thursday night ICC10 but was wondering if anyone else already has.

+ Reply to Thread