+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complete Arms Warrior Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i just use power auras to keep track of rend, ms, tfb and sd procs. auracle keeps track of sunder/demo/tclap. i like this because i can arrange how i want the rotation order in, the size of it, and the position.
    On the subject of addons used for Arms- I've configured my own using Satrina's Buff Frames, Digits, Bartender, Icehud (rivet setting), Button Facade (serenity), LD50_abar swing timer (alternative to Quartz), and OmniCC. Not seen is Power Auras which lets me know when I'm in Execute range (crosshairs in the center).

I find the positioning of the swing timer next to the rage number useful in planning Heroic Strikes.

Apologies if this should be posted in the UI forum.

Cheers,
    Gorca

Really like that layout, looks very effective at condensing the information into a key part of the screen.

Might have to have a play around to see if I can recreate the format

since i keep seeing alot of posts about "how much arp should i have?" and "what % arp should i have with x trinket?" i'll copy-paste this from another post i replied to.

ArP Caps:

No battle stance = 1400 (with GT - 788)(with Runestone - 735)(with NES - 722)

Bstance = 1260 (GT - 648)(Runestone - 595)(NES - 582)

Bstance + 2pc t9 set= 1176 (GT - 564)(Runestone - 511)(NES - 498)

Bstance + mace spec = 1050 (GT - 438)(Runestone - 385)(NES - 372)

Bstance + mace + 2pc t9 set= 966 (GT - 354)(Runestone - 301)(NES - 288)
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

When doing festergut last night we noticed our melee dps was a lot lower than it should be.

We told our fury warrior to go to arms and melee dps increase 10-12% per melee. I really know nothing about warriors so what talent or ability is the cause for this dramatic increase??

Thanks.

Blood Frenzy - Spell - World of Warcraft

you probably had a feral druid to keep the 5% crit buff that your fury warrior was giving.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    Blood Frenzy - Spell - World of Warcraft

you probably had a feral druid to keep the 5% crit buff that your fury warrior was giving.
    Yeah I am the feral giving the crit bonus. I thought that combat rogues gave the same buff as Blood Frenzy? We had 2 mut rogues and one combat so I figured it must be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Predakhan View Post
    Yeah I am the feral giving the crit bonus. I thought that combat rogues gave the same buff as Blood Frenzy? We had 2 mut rogues and one combat so I figured it must be something else.
    The only other buff would be Trauma, which is the same as Mangle (another buff I assume you were keeping up as feral.)

"Your normal melee critical strikes increase the effectiveness of Bleed effects on the target by 30% for 15 sec."

The combat rogue talent is Savage Combat (you may want to check that the combat rogue has this talent):
    Savage Combat Rank 2
    Increases your total attack power by 4% and all physical damage caused to enemies you have poisoned is increased by 4%.

Cheers,
    Gorca
    Last edited by Gorca; 01-20-2010 at 10:39 AM.

well, any combat rogue will pick it up for the added personal attack power gain.

only warriors and druids will benefit from trauma since they are the only classes with bleeds. ferals will greatly benefit from an arms warrior since they don't have to mangle in their rotation giving them a huge dps gain.

are you positive that there was a combat rogue? i don't see any other reason other than blood frenzy that would give all your physical dps that much of a gain. possibly that your warrior has 5/5 commanding presence in arms spec giving more ap from his battle shout if there is no ret pally present but having 5/5 commanding presence in one spec and not in another doesn't make sense.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hehe, hey Kaz. I'm no longer Curnguz, but Ebs@Sisters of Elune. I'm one of two DPSWarr developers on Rawr, and spend my time there and on EJ. Every so often I lurk around here, usually when looking up info that I can't find on EJ or when poking around for tank data.

Ah, well don't be a stranger, and I recently started using Rawr for DPSWarr info since landsouls spreadsheet only recently started supporting 97 excel again and it bugs out for me. If you're behind it, I feel more secure with it's findings.

is there a specific reason btw that landsouls shows me putting out 7987 dps while rawr only puts up 7.1? Just an observation (i know it's broad and hard to answer without seeing my gear specifically, but just wondering if you knew since you develop it)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

There's a lot of possible reasons. One thing to note is that the "DPS" you see for landsoul and in rawr is only a metric.

I've heard reports that people have seen a DPS hit in the 2.3.6 version of rawr, although nothing really much should have changed unless you have DBW (haste instead of arp). I'm looking in to it tomorrow

Just got a few upgrades and I"m having a few questions.

With DBW I was able to regem and now able to reach the ArP Hardcap with food. However in order to hit the full 100% I need to use Banner of Victory as opposed to Greatness Card which puts me 98ish% ArP. I hear the the final pieces of ArP is very important since ArP scales better with itself, but Rawr says I should go with Greatness, which makes sense since regemming ArP really screwed over my AP. I just want some verification.

rawr is telling you to use the nobles card over banner of victory because banner will put you 4% over cap. so you would only get 2% arp use out of banner, which isn't ideal. switch 2-3 arp gems out for str and rawr should tell you banner is better since you will get the full use of arp out of it. i would just use nobles though.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I'm in a similar situation. Getting close to 100% passive ArP, but still short. So I'm way over with trinket proc, and my AP is lowish. I probably would of been better off sticking with strength dps wise until I could passive cap it, but I did not want to re-gem the upgrades I was getting so I just went all ArP. I'm really looking forward to getting it capped to see how my dps goes.

Update on the Rawr question from earlier:

I've found a bug in 2.3.6 that was really hurting DPS; it's been fixed and a new version is coming out tonight/tomorrow morning.

Heroic Strike vs Slam

The guide doesn't mention this, but in situations where you have a heavy movement fight I find it's better to replace slam with HS. There's nothing worst then having mob/boss move out of your and range have slam interupted or when your constantly moving.

Also, I find if you use the arms incite build HS will move over all damage then slam provided you near unlimited rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Daavos View Post
    Heroic Strike vs Slam

The guide doesn't mention this, but in situations where you have a heavy movement fight I find it's better to replace slam with HS. There's nothing worst then having mob/boss move out of your and range have slam interupted or when your constantly moving.

Also, I find if you use the arms incite build HS will move over all damage then slam provided you near unlimited rage.
    Well naturally Slam blows with movement, but standing still Slam should always be superior.

A Real topic now is Mortal Strike vs. Execution under 20%. With Shadow's Edge I find MS hitting way harder. I compare the dmg of the two constantly on recount and WoWMeter it varies. From memory though Execute tends to win out slightly. Max damage Mortal Strike almost always wins, it also hits the lowest of the two aswell. Either way I'm sure it takes the full 45 rage Execute for Execute to compete with a 30 rage Execute, so it's clearly more Rage per Damage.

incite spec its best to just continue your rotation, with 54/17 with imp. execute you should keep rend up, overpower on proc, and execute if nothing else.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

And has anyone noticed the 4pc bug yet? Apparently the 2nd charge of Execute with the decreased GCD can be overidden by another SD proc. Which could be problematic, I mean one could simply push the proc'd SD to the top of priority.....but these days many Arms warriors dont run much expertise.

Something I haven't seen mentioned, but something that I had thought was true, was that you can't use Slam and HS together. Every time I hit my slam key after queueing up a HS, the HS never happens. Did this change? Was it ever true? Am I just crazy? Any answers would be much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread