+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complete Arms Warrior Guide

ill run some testing over the weekend using a 9 expertise gearset and a 25-26 expertise gearset with incite spec (55/8/8).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

That'd be awesome! Thanks!

I seem to barely be able to make time to raid these days, let alone test anything.

Using the 54/17 build (The World of Warcraft Armory), 6 minute duration fight on the Heroic Training Dummy, Battle shout and 5 stack sunder being the only buffs (I did not use the AP Orc Racial CD).

- Low Expertise Set -
    character planner . regular set . chardev seven (isn't pulling up the belt i use, which is the mail dps belt off anub 25 regular)
    AP: 4433 (5120 with 5/5 Battle shout)
    ArP: 75.02%
    Crit: 40.00%
    Hit: 321 (I know, way over cap, but the new cloak i have is still better than my old one)
    Expertise: 9

DPS Test 1:
    4697.2 (Dmg: 1.766.134)
    DPS Test 2:
    4535.5 (Dmg: 1.700.825)
    DPS Test 3:
    4688.3 (Dmg: 1.758.123)

AVERAGE DPS: 4640.3

- Expertise Cap Set -
    character planner . expertise cap . chardev seven
    AP: 4494 (5181 with 5/5 Battle shout)
    ArP: 64.94%
    Crit: 40.04%
    Hit: 268
    Expertise: 25

DPS Test 1:
    4317.7 (Dmg: 1.627.771)
    DPS Test 2:
    4273.9 (Dmg: 1.598.455)
    DPS Test 3:
    4478.4 (Dmg: 1.689.065)

AVERAGE DPS: 4356.7

This shows that being expertise cap is not needed, at least for me. Being Orc does make it slightly easier to hit the expertise cap while using an axe, so stats aren't *that* far off between the two sets. I give up ~10% ArP to get expertise capped, if you aren't an Orc you are probably going to give up more.

edit: I'll do this for the Incite spec in a day or two, but it shouldn't be any different.
    Last edited by Destruyen; 12-17-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Can someone please link me a pure PVE raiding talent tree for Arms? Along with the requirements for Expertise and hit cap, or anything with similar relevance.

Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezaroth View Post
    Can someone please link me a pure PVE raiding talent tree for Arms? Along with the requirements for Expertise and hit cap, or anything with similar relevance.

Much appreciated.
    if you read the guide, im sure you would have your answers....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

interesting numbers destru. looks as if you netted a dps increase with less than optimal expertise. think im gonna have to drop those points i have in weapon mastery and see what happens.

im hazy with numbers. with 9 expertise, whats your dodge neglect at?

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    with 9 expertise, whats your dodge neglect at?
    2.25%

with the incite build, i put one point in weapon mastery since there isnt any other good places to put the last point in. but with the 54/17 build i used it was 0/2 wep mastery.

the only change to the "rotation" i do i prioritize overpower over everything else, even rend. this will keep tfb overpower procs from "eatting" your dodge procced overpowers.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    if you read the guide, im sure you would have your answers....
    Ha good point, found it right above my post. Thanks.

However, would you mind posting a quick rotation?

this thread is called "Warrior The Complete Arms Warrior Guide"....

the guide is located on the first page of this thread...

please, read the guide before posting any questions/concerns.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Interesting results Jimmy, might be the case that at least for arms because of overpower, a slight change in priority, and allowing you to focus your stats (in this case 10% more arp) is a net gain. interesting indeed.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I recently found a brilliant addon for arms, which can really help you perfect your "rotation" if you train it on dummies. It uses a similar system as the rotation outlined says. Of course, because it tells you what to use when, and you have to keep looking at it, it isn't ideal to use while in a raid, because there are things in bosses which you need to look out for, but it is a good training tool. This addon is called StrongArms, and can be found on curse.
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

i just use power auras to keep track of rend, ms, tfb and sd procs. auracle keeps track of sunder/demo/tclap. i like this because i can arrange how i want the rotation order in, the size of it, and the position.

-Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    edit: I'll do this for the Incite spec in a day or two, but it shouldn't be any different.
    Hey Destruyen - did you test the incite spec ?

I just recently specced arms after about a year of fury(got bored with it). I've just been playing around with the gear and spec. And im still trying to become comfortable with the rotation. But im thinking that i might as well go all the way and spec incite - just need to know if it actually is a dps-gain(think my gear is good enough...)

Therefore it would be interesting, for comparison, to see what results you got(expertise capped and un-capped) ?

One other thing - Shiz mentioned in his guide, that with the incite spec you should basically keep the normal rotation, but you seem to be prioritize overpower over anything else. Is there any other differences to the rotationen/playstyle that i should take into consideration ?
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 12-28-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Thanks so much for this! I picked up my arms spec a few months ago, and have been using the worldofwarcraft.com forum sticky as my guide to all things Arms. It's over a year old, and the age shows. Your guide inspired me to get off my ass and research ArP, which I had been assuming based on Mephs' guide to be overrated. Apparently not!

That said, it would probably be a good idea to include the 50% crit softcap (with Improved Overpower), just to be complete.

Also, swing timers are not totally without use. When you have both Overpower and Execute lit up at less than 30 rage, if the swing timer is at less than 1.5 s I'll use the Overpower first for extra bonus damage on my Execute .

My first post here! Odd that it should be on my offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkebrand View Post
    Hey Destruyen - did you test the incite spec ?

Therefore it would be interesting, for comparison, to see what results you got(expertise capped and un-capped) ?

One other thing - Shiz mentioned in his guide, that with the incite spec you should basically keep the normal rotation, but you seem to be prioritize overpower over anything else. Is there any other differences to the rotationen/playstyle that i should take into consideration ?
    actually i forgot all about testing it, thanks for reminding me. however the numbers are going to be skewed since i got some upgrades and regemmed to full arp (87% passive now).

and yes with the incite spec you keep the normal rotation, assuming you are expertise capped. if you aren't expertise capped like myself, either due to low gear lvl or just choose not to get it, then you move overpower to the front of your list.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Two points that I've found that are missing (one big omission, and one trick):

The big omission: Shattering Throw. On a 6+min fight with a bloodlust 5+mins in, I've found it best to open up in the following manner:

Charge > Rend > MS > Shattering Throw > OP from TfB > Bladestorm

Later in the rotation, use it in place of a slam, ideally right before you move into Bladestorm (MS > ST > OP > Bladestorm again).

The other one is more of a trick that I've found on fights like Anub. Sweeping Strikes has a 30sec duration and a 30sec cooldown. For this reason, you can pop it during Single Target when you're, say, 15secs from Adds spawning. Adds spawn while it's still up, you get to use all 5 charges, and then you can pop it again for the add pack. Even if the adds are only alive for 25secs, you can get 10 sweeping strikes charges from them.

The best time to pre-queue a SS is in place of a Heroic Strike (I admit that I often will pre-queue it even if I'm not certain they'll hit adds, in place of a HS, because the off-chance of getting all 5 of those charges off outweighs the ~800dmg I'd have gotten from a HS).

Otherwise, this was a great guide. I was pleasantly surprised

hey! curnguz you're back, where you been, mostly on EJ i presume?

Yeah, ive recently starting playing as an arms warrior and ive been doing what the guide has said but i cant really crunch out good enough numbers, i have like a 5100 Gearscore and i pull around 4.5k dps but i know i can pull more. What should i do to help improve my dps?

If you need a personal armory look up Crazy, you should make a thread in our HALP! forum with an armory link, and get feedback there.

k thanks

+ Reply to Thread