+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complete Arms Warrior Guide

re: Interrupt plus Stance Dance

I always found it more efficient to swap to 1h+shield and use shield bash to interrupt, compared to the 3+ seconds it take to stance dance back and forth. It resets your swing timer, sure, but you can do it in less than a second, since none of the actions needed activates global cooldown.

Edit: Very good job on the guide. Especially the part on rotation was the best explained arms priority list i've seen. Consider making weapon mastery yellow instead of red as it doesnt really make sense to consider piercing howl, but definitely NOT pick up WM
    Last edited by lubz; 12-10-2009 at 11:30 PM.

not only does it reset your swing timer, but it gives a 1 second gcd for weapon swaps. so you still have the "pause", just not the rage penalty.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by shiz98 View Post
    I actually split it up intentionally, mostly for linking purposes. It seemed like an elegant way to allow linking to different sections, seeing as vbulletin doesn't give the option to do anchor linking (or maybe I'm just not aware of it?). For example, at the top of the first post there's a ToC which lets you hop around to a different section easily.

Of course, if that's taboo or somesuch I have no problem changing it; I'd just prefer not to .
    I don't know how he did it, but Squirrelnut managed to get anchor tags into his BiS list here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...gear-list.html

Not sure if looking at the post helps you at all, but if not at least you know who you can pm

The main reason I recommend Pummel over Shield Bash is that its cooldown is shorter. On Vezax 10, for example, you can't lock out Searing Flames with Shield Bash. On Jaraxxus it's possible, but extremely tight.

That said, you are correct that it's less of a DPS loss to use Shield Bash. I'll update the guide.

I don't know how he did it, but Squirrelnut managed to get anchor tags into his BiS list here: Icecrown Citadel Prot Gear List

Not sure if looking at the post helps you at all, but if not at least you know who you can pm
    That's awesome, thanks!

I heard that during Bloodlust you should drop Slams and just increase Heroic Strike useage. Any verification on this?

And, just how clutch should one be with his GCDs....should I ever use a Slam when globaling myself for 1.5 seconds when there is only 1 second left on Mortal Strike?

And I'm not quite understanding why the lose of an MS would be such a big deal in regards to when SD is up. Execute hits harder most of the time anyway doesn't it?
    Last edited by Kahmal; 12-12-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I heard that during Bloodlust you should drop Slams and just increase Heroic Strike useage. Any verification on this?

And, just how clutch should one be with his GCDs....should I ever use a Slam when globaling myself for 1.5 seconds when there is only 1 second left on Mortal Strike?
    don't drop slam usage, since an empty gcd is a dps loss no matter what. however during bloodlust phase, you can queue up more heroic strikes since you will have a huge increase in rage gen.

on landsoul's spreadsheet beneath the sep calculation box, is a "delaying ms guideline". i tend to slam if i have ~1 second left on ms instead of pausing. landsoul's spreadsheet tells exactly when you should not delay ms with a slam or execute, like for me it says dont slam past .4 seconds remaining on ms cd.

ms has a constant cooldown, we know every 5 seconds it will be up. sudden death has a 9% chance to proc an execute off any hit. if execute is up right when ms is coming off cd, you only have a 9% chance to proc another execute off that ms. since you have the choice to use that execute any time within the 9 seconds that the buff is up, it's better to put ms on cd and then execute. pushing ms back 1.5 seconds is worse than losing a potential sd proc.

unless you are glyphed and talented for execute, i don't think execute hits "that" much harder than ms.
    Last edited by Destruyen; 12-12-2009 at 01:06 AM.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Well I do remember awhile back a discussion regarding Slam lowering your DPS if your weapon speed was fast enough. Not sure if it was verified though.

i think there was something on it back in bc when slam reset your swing timer and not pause it like it does now. i havent heard anything about it since then though, so i might be wrong.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

What you might be referring to is the fact that Slam causes a larger drop in white DPS, percentage wise, the faster your weapon swings. This doesn't mean that Slam lowers you DPS however, just that it scales poorly with haste (and subsequently Heroism/Bloodlust).

According to Spreadsheets and Rawr, improved Execute is a very small DPS increase, is it really worth losing Weapon Mastery and having to socket expertise?

And whats with the Mocking Blow Glyph? I mean I know it can do some suprising damage non glyphed but do you really wanna taunt the boss!?

i dont know if shiz has done any testing on it, but over at elitist jerks alot of guys aren't running expertise cap in their gear. for the past few weeks ive been at 9 expertise (4 from strength of arms and 5 from orc racial with axes) and i havent seen a dps loss. i change my priority to always hit overpower before anything else, so a taste for blood proc doesnt overwrite a dodge proc'd overpower. even before i reapply rend i make sure i dont have any overpowers to use in cause rend is dodged. i slam less, but slam is just a filler anyways.

raid buffed overpowers can get to 100% crit chance, and rolling deep wounds through an almost guaranteed crit that happens at least once every 6 seconds (via tfb) and possibly once more within than 6 second window.

the higher deep wound damage along with the high damage-per-rage that overpower has, negates the need to be expertise capped.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Wow!

first man a great thing you did there i am thanking you in the name of all the pve warrs.
    i wanna ask you few things coz you look like a dude that know what he is doing.

1. is it true that the cap of hit raiting that we need for today is 8%?
    2. what is the edial haset for a warrior with out massing up the rotation?/or just the best hast that we need?
    3. do you use any rage calculator or any thing simular what is the best hit that giving you the highest rage or a way to calculate it.
    4.do you use any macros for fighting?
    5.i will link you my char soon can you give me some tips about what should i change/improve?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    hia again here is my link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

i also wanted to ask you what is the addon that you are using and
    do u make a keys on the keybord for some of the hits?

many many thanks The blackfox
    Blackfox, by your question, if you mean we keybind so we press the keyboard buttons for our action bar, yes, many warriors keybind...

addons most commonly used are bartender, dominoes, and macaroon...

you can easily find them or compliations in the UI section of this forum or the ui websites such as curse or wowinterface.

this is how i have my bars set... i'm using Macaroon
    monkey see... monkey do...

blackfox, make a thread in the HALP! forums with your armory link, not in this thread please.

1) yes hit rating is only 8% for non-dual wielding melee (this is for white hits and specials)
    2) haste is not wanted on an arms warrior whatsoever, it has very little gains for us and the more you get the less useful slam becomes (not read dps loss, just very little benefit) so avoid it if you can but obviously a str/arp upgrade piece with some haste is still an upgrade.
    3) there is a formula for rage, you can find it by google searching or going to wow-wiki
    4) generally macros are not good, you can't control your playstyle with them, the only one I use is using my orc racial on overpower/ms so that I'm sure I'm constantly using it and not forgetting to, but even this can be bad if there is a specific burn phase in a boss fight where that snap AP would be a good bonus. I'm just bad at managing my external cds and keeping them used (trinkets/etc)
    5) Again, make a new thread in the HALP! forums please.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Wow!

thanks very much guys you are very helpful !

an interesting point has come up on EJ.

Charge is a decent portion of an Arms warriors damage, because it gives rage and 25% extra crit on your next slam or MS. Because of this the dps value of tuskarr's vitality becomes almost nothing unless the mob that needs charging is closer then 8 yards.

closer than 8 or farther than 25, northrend beasts as a prime example (plenty of other fights as well). but with so many movement heavy fights over the past couple of raid zones, its better to have run speed.

don't know why they just started talking about that on elitist jerks tbh, that's been the assumption since juggernaut came out.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i dont know if shiz has done any testing on it, but over at elitist jerks alot of guys aren't running expertise cap in their gear. for the past few weeks ive been at 9 expertise (4 from strength of arms and 5 from orc racial with axes) and i havent seen a dps loss. i change my priority to always hit overpower before anything else, so a taste for blood proc doesnt overwrite a dodge proc'd overpower. even before i reapply rend i make sure i dont have any overpowers to use in cause rend is dodged. i slam less, but slam is just a filler anyways.

raid buffed overpowers can get to 100% crit chance, and rolling deep wounds through an almost guaranteed crit that happens at least once every 6 seconds (via tfb) and possibly once more within than 6 second window.

the higher deep wound damage along with the high damage-per-rage that overpower has, negates the need to be expertise capped.
    Interesting...

Anyone else have thoughts/experience with this?

It's always been strange to me about overpower and expertise. gaining a near surefire crit sounds very tempting, and in practice like Destruyen and many others have found, it's a dps gain because you're able to focus your stats into str/arp/crit instead of expertise. However, mathematically it shouldn't be the case, because that dodged attack is a 0 dps gcd, just like if you had missed. If you miss an execute, or miss an execute (both of which are higher on the priority list of an arms warrior) shouldn't you have just experienced a net dps loss? 1) from losing a gcd, and 2) from replacing a higher damage attack with a lower one? This discussion has boggled me for months, and because both sides have such compelling evidence, it's hard to say if either is right or wrong.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

ive noticed that switching to incite spec and not having the execution glyph or imp execute, that execute doesnt hit "that" hard anymore. sure its still a couple thousand better than overpower, but you have to take into consideration the added deep wounds dmg you are getting over time.

i was like you kz, i refused to believe that not being expertise capped didnt matter. one raid i was in my dps set for heroics (~18 expertise without wep mastery) and i didnt even realize it until we got on anub. i didnt see a dps loss really, and it got me thinking about how much expertise really means for arms.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread