+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Complete Arms Warrior Guide

hrm... i may have to do this... it'll help me a lot too to watch for TFB procs dropping off..

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I find ClassTimer is easy to use and absolutely indispensable for keeping track of procs. Most of the procs you will need to keep watch of come built in so set up and customization is very quick and easy (simple ticking and unticking of boxes).

It might be worth checking it out, unless you are used to other mods and are happy to play around with them.

i use classtimers mixed with power auras.

rend not on target, ms avail., tfb proc (with countdown timer), and sd procs (with countdown timer) are ran through power auras. bloodsurge procs for fury, my important buffs like orc racial/shieldwall/last stand, and target debuffs (ms on target, deep wounds, hamstring, etc.) i use classtimers for.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I fiddled around with PowerAuras to make it activate when I had 70 rage and above but found Digits to be simpler. Guess I just prefer a numerical representation of rage. In saying that PowerAuras is great. Very versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i use classtimers mixed with power auras.

rend not on target, ms avail., tfb proc (with countdown timer), and sd procs (with countdown timer) are ran through power auras.
    Hmm, I took a quick look in Powerauras for a way to be able to show a countdown timer, but didn't see one. Can you point me in the right direction?
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoof View Post
    Hmm, I took a quick look in Powerauras for a way to be able to show a countdown timer, but didn't see one. Can you point me in the right direction?
    check your messages, just sent you a thing to show you.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hello fellow warriors, long time reader few time poster here.

As a log time warrior tank I decided to try doing DPS for a change. I tried fury and it felt like it really doesn’t leave much room for mistake. Then I specced Arms and went to TankSpot for guidance. As a challenge-seeker I found it astonishing how understanding of the mechanics transits directly into more damage. I actually loved playing a DPS for the first time as I found my performance improving while I’d been getting accustomed with the rotation.

So, lyrics behind I decided to visualize Arms single target cooldown/proc priority system to help beginner Arms warriors like myself. Result was actually surprising – this algorithm looks rather complex considering that an Arms warrior has to run it every second while also spamming the keys, running out of that fire, switching targets and listening to Vent. It figures why it’s almost impossible to squeeze out flawless rotation even on stationary fights.

I deliberately omitted the usage of Heroic Strike and dodge-sourced Overpower as those are specific to gear/spec/situation.

So, you’re welcome to point out any mistakes I might have made or add this to the guide post.

Cheers
    Last edited by Bebop; 07-01-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Thumbnails

First of all, that is one sweet flowchart!

My only real complaint would be that it's kind of confusing once you get past sudden death. This isn't really a problem with the flowchart though (I certainly can't think of a way to improve the clarity there, at least), and more just a problem with arms as a spec -- it's just complex no matter how you cut it.

I will most definitely be adding this to the guide sometime in the near future. Thanks for making it, and thanks for posting it here

Quote Originally Posted by shiz98 View Post
    First of all, that is one sweet flowchart!

My only real complaint would be that it's kind of confusing once you get past sudden death. This isn't really a problem with the flowchart though (I certainly can't think of a way to improve the clarity there, at least), and more just a problem with arms as a spec -- it's just complex no matter how you cut it.

I will most definitely be adding this to the guide sometime in the near future. Thanks for making it, and thanks for posting it here
    Thanks, Shiz! Will be glad if it's added. slow day at work again so I decided to knock the flowchart up a notch. Maybe it is more clear this way...
    Last edited by Bebop; 07-05-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: wording
    But if I use my mouse to turn, how do I click on Rend?

what is confusing me is that you are putting overpower above other abilities when there is more than 5 seconds left on tfb proc. (i'm assuming this is for an expertise capped arms warrior since there is no mention of dodge-procced overpowers).

where the chart goes "Did Sudden Doom proc?" (change that to sudden death btw) and you say yes, then the chart goes to "Is there 5 seconds left on Taste for Blood proc?" and you say no, then it points to execute. that part needs to be changed (or switched if you are a typical arms warrior not running expertise cap). you should use tfb procs over execute if there if it will expire before the next global. or just switch the seconds like instead of 5 make it "is there 2 seconds or less left on taste for blood?" and if yes then overpower and if no then execute.

just my 2 cents.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by destruyen
    since there is no mention of dodge-procced overpowers
    Quote Originally Posted by bebop
    I deliberately omitted the usage of Heroic Strike and dodge-sourced Overpower as those are specific to gear/spec/situation.
    As for Sudden Death (tx for pointing out) I'm not quite sure what do you mean. I put Overpower above MS and Execute when TfB proc is about to refresh itself - that's about 4 seconds and keeping in mind the latency and gcd from previous ability it's ~5.
    I.e.: if you don't push Overpower when TfB is running past 5 sec, you lose that Overpower.

Maybe it is clearer if it says "Is there 5 or less seconds left on TfB proc"?
    But if I use my mouse to turn, how do I click on Rend?

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    I.e.: if you don't push Overpower when TfB is running past 5 sec, you lose that Overpower.

Maybe it is clearer if it says "Is there 5 or less seconds left on TfB proc"?
    ok that explains it...it was just confusing me since i was thinking you were talking about it just procced not that it was about to expire.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread