+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury gearing choice question.

Fury gearing choice question.

So i'm a pretty well geared warrior tank and lately i've been collecting a pretty nice fury set for a the fights that only need two tanks. Last week I was lucky enough to pick up a heroic cryptmaker.

So i'm using shadow's edge and (H)Cryptmaker, and my question is which weapon should I put in which hand. Cryptmaker hits harder, but is a 3.6speed, and my SE has lower top end but swings at a 3.7. The swing speed is whats confusing me, does it matter to have a faster weapon in the main hand, since cryptmaker has around 100+ top end damage on it?

Generally you'd put the higher top-end into your main hand.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

He's an orc, however...you also generally want to top our your expertise on your MH more so than your OH...tbh, I'm not sure...I'd probably just switch them around a bit and stand in front of a target dummy for a while figuring out what worked better.

shadow's edge mh, cryptmaker oh. you don't really need your offhand expertise capped so you gain a little dps by not having to gem/gear for that extra expertise if you had cryptmaker in your main hand.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

it would take one gem for me to hit the actual exp cap (26) without relying on my racial. And the top end damage is around 100 more off my cryptmaker. I guess i'll try using one gem and MHing the mace and see where I get

Since H.Cryptmaker is almost 100 topend damage higher than shadow's edge it is the choice to use in your MH. Even if you need to gem expertise to stay capped it is adviseable to use those gems as long as you don't fall considerably far below the ArP cap. Since it only requires 1 gem to cap with Cryptmaker in your MH. then you will want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    it would take one gem for me to hit the actual exp cap (26) without relying on my racial. And the top end damage is around 100 more off my cryptmaker. I guess i'll try using one gem and MHing the mace and see where I get
    since it is only one gem then gem it. when i said shadow's edge in your main hand i was assuming (since there wasn't an armory link) you could use all of the racial's expertise making it the better option.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread