+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Macro

Fury Macro

Sup people hope everyone is having a great weekend . I did not do much testing on this , but my question is will a macro for BT and HS do less dps then not using a macro .

macro would be something like this

#showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /cast Bloodthirst
    /cast Heroic Strike

Ultimately i will bet you that it wil be a dps loss. The thing is that you should ALWAYS have enough rage for a BT -> WW -> SLAM - rotation. Heroic strike is for burning the excess rage.

You will at some point find yourself in situations where you have low rage and just enough for BT and the next ability(WW/Slam) but not enough for a heroic strike (until AFTER next swing/free rage income). So i that situation your macro would use all your rage for BT and a HS(on next swing) and you end up rage starved and unable to use WW/SLAM as soon you otherwise possibly could, which would lead to a overall dps loss.

In other words - you should always be in a position, where you have the possibilty to decide NOT to use HS in order to avoid ragestarvation.

My advice - dont macro HS to your primary rotational abilities. Keep it seperate and use/spam it when you have 50+ rage.
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 06-27-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Even once you have hit a certain level of gearing and are able to realistically keep your rotation going while turning basically every MH swing into a HS, you still don't want to rely on queuing it by macro. At that point you should be manually queuing it the instant the previous one has gone off, in order to take full advantage of the offhand miss rate bug. The way the game is currently working, whenever you have an on next swing attack (Heroic Strike or Cleave) queued, your offhand swings do not suffer from the dual wield hit penalty.

Well you want to be queueing heroic strike for every swing in an infinite rage situation (with the current icc buff you shouldnt have any rage problems). If you just macro it to bloodthirst you'll only be hsing every 4 seconds, my swing timer is around 2 seconds (from memory) so if i did that i'd be missing half my heroic strike opportunities. And if you meant to queue hs manually when bt is on cooldown as well as the macro.. you may as well queue it manually all the time.

i have my HS macro'd to BT WW and slam, and i have very few rage issues(if i do they are on movement fights or trash, never rage issues on stationary tank sand spank fights) and by doing this i almost always have my HS qued up all the time and i spark many slam procs

There are also justifiable reasons not to macro HS to slam.

Marrowgar - You don't want HS to override cleave for bonespikes
    Deathwhisper - You don't want HS to override cleave for the adds
    Gunship - Cleave adds
    Putricide - Cleave boss and green slime when it spawns
    Dreamwalker - Cleave adds
    Sindragosa - Cleave tombs
    Lich King - Cleave Valks

For all of these fights you want your cleave to be available for the situation, while maintaining your standard BT -> WW rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    There are also justifiable reasons not to macro HS to slam.

Marrowgar - You don't want HS to override cleave for bonespikes
    Deathwhisper - You don't want HS to override cleave for the adds
    Gunship - Cleave adds
    Putricide - Cleave boss and green slime when it spawns
    Dreamwalker - Cleave adds
    Sindragosa - Cleave tombs
    Lich King - Cleave Valks

For all of these fights you want your cleave to be available for the situation, while maintaining your standard BT -> WW rotation.
    Agreed
    Cleave is way to important to let slide due to a macro in ICC even more so in heroic content.

why are there at least 2-3 ppl a week wanting hs macro'd to abilities?

step 1. bind hs to mouse scrollwheel down
    step 2. bind cleave to mouse scrollwheel up
    step 3. ????
    step 4. profit
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

So they can get one of those drinking bird toys and go for a nap during raids. They just need to add /follow *name* so that they don't get left behind. >.> <.<
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post

step 1. bind hs to mouse scrollwheel down
    step 2. bind cleave to mouse scrollwheel up
    step 3. ????
    step 4. profit
    What he said. I used to have Cleave bound to the ` key and HS bound to the spacebar...once I switched to the mousewheel setup it became very painless.

On a side note, Ever noticed that probably at least half the posts here are fury warriors looking for help? You'd think everything about the spec would be discussed to death by now.

` has always been my shield wall macro....so quick and easy to get to.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I couldn't do that. I have my tanking cooldowns bound to Shift + 2-5 and I still fat finger them all the time. If I bound them to anything easier I'd never have them when i need them!

i dont have anything important bound to 1 or 2 (intercept and pummel) so its no worries if i fat finger going for shield wall...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread