+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can/should I tank?

What can/should I tank?

I plan on re-gemming everything epic equivalents.. though I feel I should hold out for higher level items first, but ya do what you gotta do.

I recently resubbed a few weeks ago and am looking into getting in with my friends content ICC 10 norm to start very soon. Do you think I'll be able to handle it with what I have (re-gemmed) or anything else I should go for?

I have been trying to farm for the Black Heart forever.. still trying.. otherwise.. what says ye?

Thanks!

Looks decent, I don't know much about DKs though. I bet once everything is re-gemmed you might be able to tank ICC10 normal but I haven't done it myself so I don't really know. I'd suggest some ToC10 though, maybe look into getting crafted stuff and as much 232/245 gear from the new heroics and from triumph badges as possible.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I would definitely recommend running heroics till you get about 34k health unbuffed, then TOC10/25 until you hit around 37-38k unbuffed for ICC10. With triumphs being so easy to get now, I'd recommend getting all the gear from those for ICC10.

From the other posts I've read, 32k unbuffed is not very much for ICC 10. Granted frost presence probably gets you closer to 34.5-35k, but your armory right now shows only 525 defense, which = being crit...Also with the -20% dodge debuff in ICC, you would be relying heavily on Parry...and with a low base HP i think it would cause a lot of stress for your healers. I'd work on being DEF capped before you do anything really. Once you are there, get some 232/245 badge items, and even run the new ICC 5 man heroics.
    Noob Prot Pally - Armory

I recommend wailing caverns, I hear it is srzbznz but I think you might be up to the task :P

Got busy on some upgrades over the weekend... getting the dust off..

The lack of defense was satisfied by my older sigil (+ Defense w Icy Touches)

I've since then dropped that dependence and added some higher level stuff.. getting closer I assume?

And yes.. I understand the importance of 540.. and my shoulder enchant w resilience satisfies this.

You should probably take two points from Scent of Blood to fill out 2h spec. 4% extra weapon damage is a lot of threat.

Also, shield block legs? Ew. Those are not an upgrade over the ones out of reg ToC 5 man, sure they have more strength and another gem slot, but that's no replacement for lots of dodge and expertise.

+ Reply to Thread