+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emblem of Frost gear is lookin' sexy!

Emblem of Frost gear is lookin' sexy!

Bonus armor on cloak, hands, and chest? Yes please.

(Although I haven't looked at the tier or the drops yet, intentionally.)

I think I'm getting the cloak first. That Naxx cloak has GOT TO GO.

Dylae

I too am sporting the Valor emblem cloak. I never would have believed I'd be wearing that thing almost a year later =O.

How much does tier stuff cost? I'm worried I won't be getting enough emblems before Cataclysm starts and the process begins anew =p.

Edit: NM, found it, 60 for hands/shoulders 95 for the rest and that's before upgrades I better start saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylae View Post
    I think I'm getting the cloak first. That Naxx cloak has GOT TO GO.

Dylae
    You too? LOL! I'm running and running till I get a damned SHIELD.......and the cloak!
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Belt for me first, provides the biggest overall upgrade and still allows me to get another piece of badge gear before week 4 comes out (there is a maximum of 146 emblems of frost possible between now and January 5th). I'm probably going to get the gloves first, even though it replaces a 258 regalia piece (and my only one actually) it is still a bigger upgrade than the cloak. It makes me very sad, but it means for 120 emblems I'll gain 87 stam and 1273 armor.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I too am sporting the Valor emblem cloak. I never would have believed I'd be wearing that thing almost a year later =O.

How much does tier stuff cost? I'm worried I won't be getting enough emblems before Cataclysm starts and the process begins anew =p.

Edit: NM, found it, 60 for hands/shoulders 95 for the rest and that's before upgrades I better start saving.

LOL same i have yet to see a cloak drop in totc 25 or 10 man for me to replace the valour cloak

I'm probably getting the cape first as well. I'm still rocking the one from Ulduar since Jaraxus has refused to drop any for me in the past couple of months.

Dang....Marrowgar kicked my ass last night, both 10 and 25. The guy is a huge step up from aloot'arak.

Although when I died as a tank and asked my healer why I went down, he mentioned something about using prayer of healing to proc divine aegis on the raid.

The divine aegis on the raid reduced the overkill the raid took when marrowgar came over to one-shot them.

Dylae

Here I thought this was going to be a thread about how the badge chest shows off my midriff. Abs of Steel anyone?

I, too, am really liking the badge gear. I need that cloak desperately as I am also using the one from General Vezax and have been for some time.

That trinket. I've not had any luck with trinkets ever.

If you are actively raiding, it looks like badges should go to the tier set first. Warrior T10 looks very good to me.

Entry: Ymirjar Lord's Plate - Item Set - World of Warcraft
    Upgraded: Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Plate - Item Set - World of Warcraft
    Heroic: Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Plate - Item Set - World of Warcraft

No silly block rating/value, a fairly decent looking balance and nice bonuses for 2 and 4pc. If you want to keep the 4pc, I guess the question is which other slot to switch out. Perhaps the chest...

Only if you are a Warrior. As a Paladin, I plan on using 4pc T9 deep into ICC because our 4pc T10 is rather lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorshammer View Post
    Only if you are a Warrior. As a Paladin, I plan on using 4pc T9 deep into ICC because our 4pc T10 is rather lackluster.
    I agree, the T10 is kinda meh!
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

We all want a new cloak. Thought I was the only one with bad luck on cloak drops.

I probably will grab the T10 at some point because the set pieces are hot, and I need new shoulders/helm. However, I think that the bonus armor on the non-set pieces are amazingly sexy and hard to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    If you are actively raiding, it looks like badges should go to the tier set first. Warrior T10 looks very good to me.

No silly block rating/value, a fairly decent looking balance and nice bonuses for 2 and 4pc. If you want to keep the 4pc, I guess the question is which other slot to switch out. Perhaps the chest...
    I'm still doing some comparisons right now, but I think doing Belt/tier hands or belt/badge hands as your pre-January upgrades would work out better than doing one 95 badge item piece, or any other variation.

The raw stat differences from the 245/258 gear and the 251 T10 (which is the only pieces any of us can guarantee getting between now and january... RNG tokens and all that) is less than the difference between the ToC gear and the 264 badge gear (especially the gloves).
    Bihn | <Summit>
    Seatbelts.

Meh, i'm still using that Nerubian LW cloak. I'm in need of a serious upgrade, can never get a tank one to drop on raids

Actually, not really... the T10 for Warriors is pretty underwhelming.

The badge gloves, cloak, and waist especially are much larger (and better value) upgrades than any of the T10 pieces. Additionally, the only super-great T10 pieces until you are killing heroic-25 bosses are the Helm and Shoulders, which are fairly expensive.

Even then, the other badge pieces are actually bigger slot upgrades than the Helm and Shoulders, at a lower cost.

The T10 Gloves are not very good at all, the T10 legs are pretty bad compared to the crafted ones, and the T10 chest is really not better (and arguably worse) than the badge chest until you can turn it into the 277 version. (It is very similar if you have the normal 25-man version, at the expense of taking a token from a fellow raider for almost no immediate upgrade.)

My current badge plan is:
    1. Badge Gloves
    2. Badge Waist
    3. Badge Cloak
    4. Badge Chest
    5. Set Shoulders
    6. Set Helm
    7. Set Chest (someday, when I get my 3rd heroic-25 token)
    8. Set Gloves (someday, when I get my 4th heroic-25 tokens)
    Although the 4-set is an interesting bonus, I doubt I will be aiming for the 4-set bonus until I have access to 4 heroic tokens, which cause the Chest to pull away from the badge version. (Although the 277 T10 gloves are still similar to the survival value of the badge gloves with higher EH bias, it would be worth the 4-set bonus if you had the other 3.)
    Last edited by Kojiyama; 12-10-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was using the valor cloak for forever. Only finally replaced it with the NRB cloak last night (I'm a tree.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiyama View Post
    the T10 legs are pretty bad compared to the crafted ones
    I don't know, with the lack of expertise on items in ICC, the T10 legs probably start to look rather tasty as you upgrade your gear.

I have to disagree as well, I agree with Kojiyama. I did a whole comparison here:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html

I'm open to suggestions if you feel my recommendations are wrong, however.

Edit: and Kojiyama and I almost never agree! We've been in agreement a lot recently though... maybe that's why it's so cold now...
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread