+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Paladin Gemming

Prot Paladin Gemming

Hi, I'm a new protadin, just wondering, should i follow all socket bonuses that are 6+ stam till i get better gear, then just use stam gems and 1 red gem, or should i just gem stam from start. I dont have an armory link yet, im still 75 but im thinking ahead of time just in case.

As a fresh 80 tank there's a reasonable chance that you'll need to worry about Defense Rating, especially since a lot of the "starter" gear from places like TotC-5 don't have any on it (see a lot of new tanks complaining about Def Rating whilst using Peacekeeper Blade and Mark of the Relentless, for example). As a result, you may find that matching socket bonuses where one or more sockets is yellow is quite attractive. By matching yellows with Enduring Eye of Zul (10 Def/15 Stam) you should be able to avoid matching "unattractive" red sockets.

As a general rule of thumb, I tend to ignore socket bonuses of less than +9 Stam, using Shifting Dreadstone (10 Agi/15 Stam) and Solid Majestic Zircon (30 Stam) for red and blue sockets respectively where the bonus is attractive. Having said that, +6 Stam might be worth matching if one of the sockets is yellow if you are still struggling to maintain crit immunity.

For future reference, this would be the appropriate forum for this sort of question:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay...ing-Discussion

Though I'm pretty confident this question has been answered, if you were to search for answers before just asking the question.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

+ Reply to Thread