+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Lady Deathwhisper

Mana burns, viper stings, drain mana, etc. are all capped by a percentage of the caster's mana. I cannot confirm whether or not they work on this boss, but in general it will usually be a dps loss of employ mana draining effects in place of standard damaging attacks.

As for 10-man, the first three fights in general really shouldn't be that bad for a strictly 10-man guild. Saurfang will probably be the first to give anyone major issues. This fight is theoretically solo-tankable, but I would recommend bringing two because of the threat reduction debuff, especially for a 10-man geared group.

We actually had more trouble with Lady Deathwhisper than any other boss in 10 man last night. First boss was fairly straight forward, but having all the dps figure out what adds do what on Deathwhisper took a few attempts.

Gunship battle was a blast, but super easy to finish. And we one shot Saurfang, killing him just after he landed his first mark.

Awesome job again ill be sending all my dps to view this video for tonight, thanks for all the great work Tankspot.

For the Horde of Eredar !!

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake View Post
    We actually had more trouble with Lady Deathwhisper than any other boss in 10 man last night. First boss was fairly straight forward, but having all the dps figure out what adds do what on Deathwhisper took a few attempts.

Gunship battle was a blast, but super easy to finish. And we one shot Saurfang, killing him just after he landed his first mark.

My guild shot through the 10 man things last night, with us being a 10 man guild.

We wiped once on Deathwhisper and then beat her really easily. First time we wiped, we left some adds alive too long, after spliting the group up in to two seperate groups. We were expecting adds coming from both sides at once ;-) So we ended up having half the group trying to kill the adds while the other group stood waiting for adds to spawn lol.

Tanks - Druid and Paladin
    Healers - Priest(Me as Disc) and Druid
    DPS - 1 Deathknight, 2 Rogues, 2 Hunters, 1 Fury Warrior

We didn't put much effort into deciding which add to kill first, we just burnt them down really quickly, but we are all in 245's after farming ToC 10 Hard.

We put the 2 Hunters on Deathwhisper, and had all the Melee on the adds. after every add spawn phase we had around 20-30seconds? to have them help on the boss.

Our Melee dps really burnt down the adds really quickly which overall made the fight very dull for us.

We had the most wipes on the Gunship due to us having a laugh with the rocket packs lol.

/Tahriel

Viper Sting definitely works

It's a percentage drain,, and unless something is broken here, does seem to work out to about a 4% drain of mana per 15second interval. I don't recall what her total mana was, but if it's in the 1M range, then you're effectively draining ~2670 mana per second with each sting, for an otherwise only recovery shot for the hunter, which isn't bad. - this may or may not be capped by my mana recovery (8% of ~16k with raid buffs means 1280 "mana damage" / recovery per sec). In either case, I believe this to be better than the normal dps that my serpent brings to table, even with 2 piece tier 9.2 bonuses.

In 10 man, two dps on deathwhisper while the rest of the group was addressing adds, we took her shield down to 10% mana remaining in just over 4 minutes. I had viper sting up roughly 90% of the time. This was second attempt at her and last for night due to various reasons. I'm thinking since I believe viper now stacks in 3.3 and it may be possible to confirm if we bring a second hunter in for the fight, and the mana shield drops dramatically sooner.

Just to note, I wasn't only doing viper sting, I was obviously hitting my otherwise normal Survival shot rotation (swapping out viper sting for serpent sting)

Please feel free to correct me where I've gone astray.
    Last edited by Deepelf; 12-10-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Viper Sting is capped at 8% of your maximum mana, meaning over 8 seconds you'll do ~1280 damage. Ignoring the fact that VS has a 15 second cooldown, we can say that VS is roughly 430 "damage" to the boss every 3 seconds. On the flipside, a fully raid buffed hunter with moderate gear will be doing upwards of 700 "damage" every SS tick, more depending on T9 bonuses and spec. Overall, trying to drain the mana of the boss is going to be inferior to standard dps considering all mana drain techniques are limited by the mana of the caster.

I see - my per second math is the fault

thanks Vaelia -

Just a side note/question, is there a recount stat for mana drained or any way that I can go back to my stats from last night (since I haven't yet reset) in order to determine what the actual numbers for the fight were?

Now I want to try this on 10 man, since everyone makes it sound so easy on 10 man. On 25, it seemed to be much more of a challenge than what people are talking about. We're a guild that does ToGC 10 up to Anub, and we have some nice dps, yet even with all of our dps killing adds and not worrying about Deathwhisper, we were unable to consistently take out all 7 adds per wave plus ressurections before more spawned. It was nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepelf View Post
    thanks Vaelia -

Just a side note/question, is there a recount stat for mana drained or any way that I can go back to my stats from last night (since I haven't yet reset) in order to determine what the actual numbers for the fight were?
    I don't BELIEVE so. Never really thought to check, but it's so uncommon a tactic I'd assume not. Although you can probably go and check your stats for Mana Gained and see how much Viper Sting gave you. See how much an individual tick grants you, divide it by three, and that's how much mana you're draining from the boss.

Note: I'm note sure if recount will accurately tell you how much mana was gained if you were already at 100%.

In this video you mention looking out for the ghosts in phase 2 that do a lot of damage. Are these supposed to be killed before they reach their target, avoided till they go away on their own, or will they target someone and detonate no matter what you do?

My guild hasn't made it into phase 2 yet but I'd just like some clarification on what to do about the ghosts.

just dodged, they despawn after a set amount of tiem i believe, just pull them away, they deal 15k or so damage so it's not total death, but you want it at least to detonate away from others.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

We did this last night, and actually had more difficulty with the two deathspeaker high priests just before the boss.

What we eventually came up with for those was: "Bunch up on tank, full burn, run out if you get the drain debuff". Priests holy nova healed.

As for the lady herself, we had our mage and paladin on the boss.

Balance druid was on fanatics, and our two deathknights was on the adherents.

When facing the boss, the right side of the room was always 1 caster add, 2 melee adds, and the other side was 2 casters, 1 melee.

We had no real trouble with the adds, as long we kept steady dps on them and focused on the deformed/empowered adds.

When the shield was down, we cleared the remaining adds, interrupted her frostbolt and tanks taunted off eachother when the threat reduction reached 3 stacks.

All in all it was an enjoyable fight.

Our raid setup was:
    Warrior Tank, Paladin Tank
    2x DK dps, Ret pally
    Balance druid, Arcane mage
    Holy pally, Disc priest, Holy priest.
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

Did it on 10 man and put a very heavy dps hunter on boss the whole time. and split dps between both side. Its pretty incredible how hard the boss hits. I wasn't expecting that. And me and the other tank found out the hard way about the mutated guys. Kiting is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    Did it on 10 man and put a very heavy dps hunter on boss the whole time. and split dps between both side. Its pretty incredible how hard the boss hits. I wasn't expecting that. And me and the other tank found out the hard way about the mutated guys. Kiting is a must.

The frost bolt is meant to be interrupted, i don't think you're emant to soak it, assuming you're talking about this ability.

The big, enraged/mutant adds was our downfall last night. Its definitely a challenging tanking assignment but our biggest problem came when the empowered mobs would stack up on one side (usually the side opposite where I was) and start taking people out.

As a warrior, the hardest thing for me was gathering the three adds as they spawn. It worked really well having a DPS DK drop D&D on the third spawn point while I stradled the other two and picking them all up there, peeling the 3rd off the DK. From that point, shockwave is your friend. Spell reflect is helpful too. I'm considering going back to imp but with all those mobs and trying to hold aggro, threat is at a premium.

We never made it to phase 2 but we got some reps in on it.

The High priest trash as was mentioned above wiped us the first time. We figured out the gimmick and then annihilated them from then on. Just have the person with the debuff run away from the raid.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

As a warrior tank I found it easiest to just gather up the 2 melee and have the dps just burn down the caster first, at least on the side with the 2 fanatics. The key to phase 1 for our guild at least was communication, letting the caster/melee know about the skeletal adds so they could be burned down asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahriel View Post
    My guild shot through the 10 man things last night, with us being a 10 man guild.

We wiped once on Deathwhisper and then beat her really easily. First time we wiped, we left some adds alive too long, after spliting the group up in to two seperate groups. We were expecting adds coming from both sides at once ;-) So we ended up having half the group trying to kill the adds while the other group stood waiting for adds to spawn lol.

Tanks - Druid and Paladin
    Healers - Priest(Me as Disc) and Druid
    DPS - 1 Deathknight, 2 Rogues, 2 Hunters, 1 Fury Warrior

We didn't put much effort into deciding which add to kill first, we just burnt them down really quickly, but we are all in 245's after farming ToC 10 Hard.

We put the 2 Hunters on Deathwhisper, and had all the Melee on the adds. after every add spawn phase we had around 20-30seconds? to have them help on the boss.

Our Melee dps really burnt down the adds really quickly which overall made the fight very dull for us.

We had the most wipes on the Gunship due to us having a laugh with the rocket packs lol.

/Tahriel
    How did you kill fanatics without a spellcaster?

Also, how much hp do the adds have on 10 man?

Inexplicably rogue poisons count as magic damage not physical. Although I guess they'd be nature damage.

Hunters I believe have nature and fire damage spells too, but it will be really slow burning down the physical resistant skellies without actual caster dps.

The adds from what I remember had around 100k on 10 man. I believe they heal to full when she empowers them as well and risen skellies might also keep their aggro table (but I'm really fuzzy on this).

Like your humor Lore, at "12%"
    anyhow, GJ on yet a great guide

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Inexplicably rogue poisons count as magic damage not physical. Although I guess they'd be nature damage.

Hunters I believe have nature and fire damage spells too, but it will be really slow burning down the physical resistant skellies without actual caster dps.

The adds from what I remember had around 100k on 10 man. I believe they heal to full when she empowers them as well and risen skellies might also keep their aggro table (but I'm really fuzzy on this).
    I'll keep this in mind, but our current group setup failed miserably on the adds our first time around. We had... a Paladin, Warrior, Feral Druid, Mage and Hunter. The Mage is neither geared nor skilled enough as a player to solo the adds. Perhaps my disease are considered Magic Damage though. They should be anyways.

+ Reply to Thread