+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emblem of Frost Priority List

As I only have access to 10 man gear, the only cloak upgrade since 219 i've had access to is the tribute chest, which i haven't won. So, i'm pretty sure i'm gonna end up going for the badge cloak first.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

The trinket is very alluring but I'm not desperate for it. I'm probably going to get T10 shoulders.

I'm starting to think hoarding my emblems might be the best bet for the next several weeks until the next gate opens. Originally I had considered the trinket given that is my lowest piece at 226. But with one of the same stamina and better use the Fang coming later it seems like that would be a waste of 60 badges. Plus we are going to continue in ToGC 25 so chances of double Satrina's are possible.

I have tanked all the 10/25 ICC boss available with the gear I have now, so waiting on some drops from the first 4 for till the next gate opens and then re-evaluating priorities seems like a smart move.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I am playing it safe, going for the cloak and belt first, since they are both pretty much guaranteed to last as close to BiS.

Then according to what drops come my way I will evaluate the tier10 x crafter and badge gear, the crafted legs being the most alluring to me at this point.

Getting helm and gloves for 2pc and then getting cape and trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    Getting helm and gloves for 2pc and then getting cape and trinket.
    The badge gloves are WAAAYYY better than tier gloves, if you're getting 2pc first, go with shoulders/helm.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

At the moment I'm unfortunately rocking 2 Avoidance trinkets(corpse tongue coin/indom glyph), so my first purchase is going to have to be the trinket. That baby is good enough that I can stop praying for a juggernaut's vitality.

How is glyph of indominability an avoidance trinket other than the on use.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I'm sorry I mispoke, I meant to say I lack a "stamina trinket" which would suit my gear better at the moment.

Yeah, there's a lot of tempting gear choices out there with the new loot, but as much as I'd like to buy some of the Tier pieces or off-set pieces, I see no way around buying the cloak first, to replace my Cloak of the Shadowed Sun from Naxx... it'll be worth it just to get that skull off of my back...
    That being said, I'd like to get the helm and the belt too, or the stam trinket (still using the Brewfest one... :-( ), but I'll probably just keep trying for the ToC belt and pick up the Glyph of Indomitability, using my upgraded gear in other slots to keep my stam about the same, but with much more armor.
    Also, I need to set up some Ashen Verdict Rep farming runs to just clear trash over and over again for that amazing ring... anyone know if there's a cap to what you can get on rep in the 10-man or 25-man normal modes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I have tanked all the 10/25 ICC boss available with the gear I have now, so waiting on some drops from the first 4 for till the next gate opens and then re-evaluating priorities seems like a smart move.
    This is what I will be doing aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    anyone know if there's a cap to what you can get on rep in the 10-man or 25-man normal modes?
    MMO-C reported people being at Exalted within about three days of the patch, so I would assume there is no cap, or that the cap is astronomically high.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    The badge gloves are WAAAYYY better than tier gloves, if you're getting 2pc first, go with shoulders/helm.
    I'd prefer a more balanced set until we see what's needed. The badge gloves are better for EH but stuff is quite simple so far in ICC. I got the Boneguard shoulders already so no need to get the shoulders.

I think its quite clear so far in ICC that EH is not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    MMO-C reported people being at Exalted within about three days of the patch, so I would assume there is no cap, or that the cap is astronomically high.
    There is no cap, simple rinse and repeat it's ~850~ rep a run I'm currently at 36 more runs till exalted, guildie is already exalted I just dont have the time or patience for the endless trash, although we have gotten some nice shoulders and primordial saronite drops from the trash.

good question

i think Shoulders because it's my only ilvl245 t9 pieces
    and trinket cause toc 25 hm's trinket doesn't loot
    Last edited by bobola; 12-21-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Hmm... I got the normal 245-lvl Pride of the Eredar last night, so that pushes the importance of upgrading my Cloak down... although the Pride of the Eredar is really ugly...

Now I'm not sure what I'll go for. The belt might be good, since I'm still rocking the Conquest belt, but really any piece is going to be an upgrade for me, since I've got no TotGC loot. I'll have to look closely at it and figure it out.

The belt is the best option in terms of EH, with 2143 armor and 157 stamina with 2 slots and a 9 stamina socket bonus there is no comparison to other belts, it also is better than the majority of belts in an avoidance set even if it's gemmed for stamina. What is also nice is that it only costs 60 EoF compared to the Chest Guard and T10 Helm which both cost 95.

My second choice is the Gloves, with a decent upgrade over my current ones and the Gloves of the Kraken are guaranteed to make it far into ICC.
    Last edited by krc; 12-21-2009 at 01:55 PM.

I'm also wondering about how to spend Frost emblems to preserve being a great tank but also start to obtain T10 pieces. There's a lot of gear to buy.

I've bought the 50-emblem cape first, and I'll buy the 60-emblem belt next. Not only are they the biggest upgrades for me iLvl wise, but if I had bought a 251 T10 set piece, it would either be a very minor upgrade or I would be breaking my set bonuses (most notably the great reduced CD on shield block).

Even when I do start to get T10 pieces, I'll probably wait until I have a couple with tokens to equip them so they bring a bonus of their own and make it worth wearing.

My list kinda looks like this atm

Belt
    Cloak
    Chest (non-set one)

And by the time I've bought those I'm hoping to have picked up a token to be able to buy the 264 helm, and then getting shouders and the non-set gloves. Atm I'm far to attatched with my 2piece T9 bonus, thus not really wanting to drop it until I can replace it with the 2piece T10, choosing helm first so I can still have the bonus meanwhile.

So, I kinda went against my plan, belt and cloak would have been by far my best relative upgrades, but for the first time in wotlk I am going to give the set bonuses priority, went for shoulders first, gonna get the helm or legs second (depends on what I am wearing untill then) and go from there, most likely getting also gloves for the 4 set bonus and then filling the other slot with the extra armor stuff.

+ Reply to Thread