+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Lord Marrowgar

Hi im Slavithin a Paladin Tank, Raid Leader and Guild Master of The Legion of Honour from EU Darkmoon Faire
    Anyway im typing to see what you think to our guilds startergy for Lord Marrowgar.

After watching yours although you kill the boss it seemed very hectic with dps and healer all over the place to avoid the flames, even one side step reduses that players dps or a healer heals which is why we came up with this stratergy.

Phase 1
    The 3 tanks go to the left corner of the room not too close to the wall, all other dps and healers stand a few feet to your right. before the boss is pulled one of your most trusted Melee dps needs a mark on his /her head for the raid to follow, this is essential as the raid needs to know where there giong.

Make the pull to the tanks. As Marrogar comes to the tanks ALL dps and healers follow the marked Melee dps and go straight under the boss, as the boss has a HUGE Hit box all Melee, healers and ranged (with the exeption of hunters) go under the boss and NUKE from within the same spot....Hunters unfortunatly you need to say some what at range due to the hit box however you can always be in range of the ranged dps should you get spiked.

reasons for this possitioning of the raid: You want the spikes to all apear in the same place, and as the Colf Flame starts from out of his hit box no member ever needs move to avoid Cold Flame minus tanks and possiblty hunters

Due to the boss having no other target out of hit box other than tanks and hunters its a good idea for your tanks to straft left one step then back right one step as the tanks seem to get targeted more than the hunters for cold flame. With this positioning Bone Spike Graveyards go down verry fast.

Phase 2
    When the boss does his final Bone Spike Graveyard Prior to the AoE all raid dps are instructed to help on spikes and stop on boss, also the healers heal them up fast. once these are free the raid group speards out with healers going in all directions to heal though the AoE but NO raid members are to run in the direction of the tanks. Ranged and plate Melee must continue dps at this point.

Phase 3

I know there is not any tecnical Phase 3 but we like to call it that as it means there is a diference from the first Phase. So at the end of Phase 2 all 3 tanks make sure there in range of the boss and taunt as the Wirlwind comes to a end (hotfix made boss tauntable). As soon as a tank has agro the entire raid of healers and dps go and hide back under the boss and nuke, not forgetting to over heal the tanks till the first bone spikes.
    DO THIS 3 OR 4 TIMES FOR THE EASYEST KiLL EVER
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope this is helpfull and hope you try it, it worked very well for us with this as healers never needed to focus on dps hit by fire, and if you have 3 resto druids in the raid there Wild Growth can keep up the spiked members so other healers can focus on tanks.
    If you like this Stratergy and try it please make a vid of it "cough" please say who posted the Stratergy on the vid aswell
    Last edited by netlabs; 12-17-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    Friends & family come and go, Epics are soubound

Quote Originally Posted by nethervoid View Post
    Wow he's tauntable now? That will make this much easier, no doubt.

Our strat is to stack everyone on his butt, as some have illuded to here. This indeed causes all fire to shoot at the tanks (unless you have a hunter, since hunters can't get in close). It's not that hard to step side to side when there's a fire. Move right...move left...move right...move left... real easy, simple strafing.
    We did this last night and got "Boned". (Lore, you can stop giggling now).

Making this boss tauntable is a bit meh. It was one of the parts of the fight that made it interesting.

I can see how it was difficult for the special dps'ers whose dps is so crucial on marrowgar that it will overcome any bothersome mechanics like a threat wipe.
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

Anyone else noticed that in the text version for the movie, they say they used 3 tanks and 7 healers? :P

hey man can u tell me how much hp and def u need for the 10m version of icc? cus im gonna start raiding it soon and i wanna be prepared. thnx alot

As a prot pally, i have always had my "Hand of Reckoning" (single taunt) as part of my rotation...Is this wrong? I'm not understanding the DM to taunt at all...I've simply taunted every 8 secs as the taunt comes off cd...Should i stop doin this? May be a complete noob quesion, but ive never had threat issues until recently, and am wondering if this is why...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizilliant View Post
    As a prot pally, i have always had my "Hand of Reckoning" (single taunt) as part of my rotation...Is this wrong? I'm not understanding the DM to taunt at all...I've simply taunted every 8 secs as the taunt comes off cd...Should i stop doin this? May be a complete noob quesion, but ive never had threat issues until recently, and am wondering if this is why...?
    While mobs dont become immune to taunt anymore you could run into problems doing this.

Normally a taunt will bring you up to the person with aggro's threat level, then force the mob/boss to attack you for a set amount of time.

When taunts DR takes effect it will cause the time that boss/mob is forced to attack you to be reduced down to 0 seconds. so on marrowgar you will eventually run into an issue where you will taunt but the boss wont be forced onto you.

The reason you havent noticed an issue with it is because your right by marrowgar and can start your threat rotation and it will make your threat go above the person below you. But if you taunt untill it hits DR and then try to taunt from range you will be out of luck

On a fight where you have to trade aggro, you should not use Hand of Reckoning in your normal rotation (Lady Deathwhisper and Deathbringer Saurfang for instance require tanks to trade aggro). Deminishing returns functions on a 20 second timer. That means after the last time your taunt had an effect, you have to wait 20 seconds before the next taunt will have its full effect. There are 4 levels of deminishing returns (different abilities may have a different factor): 100%, 50% (or 60%), 25% (or 30%), and 0%. So if you taunt three times in a row, your third taunt only fixates aggro for 25% of the base duration. All taunts after that for a full 20 seconds will fixate aggro 0% of the time. After 20 seconds since the last successful cast, diminishing returns resets and the next cast will have 100% effect.

This fight isn't an aggro trading fight, rather it is a single tank fight where the offtanks have to stand in the same spot to split damage. Since only one of the tanks is actively tanking, if that's you, by all means use Hand of Reckoning on every cooldown. If someone else is supposed to main tank it and you're an off tank, well shame on you for taunting the boss.

Taunts are for regaining control of a mob or boss that you lost threat on, or for trading aggro back and forth between tanks.

It's really not a good idea to have taunt in your rotation -- there's the DR effect as mentioned, but what if you have it on cooldown when you actually need it?

Thanks for the help here...I have removed it from my rotation, and am noticing improvment...In the future ill keep it as a means to "grab" aggro only, rather then help to sustain it...Thanks again =D

tbh great guide and were can i get that ui !

I'm so embarrassed, you can see where I d/c. Then it's "Sheezy has come online" lol.

Another great video from tankspot - keep up the good work guys. While my comment isn't related directly to Marrowgar I thought this would be the most appropriate place to put it. During the trash clear leading up to him my guild found that the Deathbound Wards' traps can be activated with a crashin' thrashin' racer (the traps tend to be near the blue brazers or under the feet of the central mobs in both rooms). Particularly for 10 mans if no rogue or warlock is available this can help control when to fight them or of course activate them for extra rep gain. I hope this is of some use to someone, please move the post if there is a better place for it to be - I didn't find one.

I bet the other tank loves you in a toc10/25 run, especially on gormok :P

I found an alternative strategy. If you place all melee and ranged beneath Lord Marrowgar won't they be hit by flames and the spikes can be dpsed at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Baervar View Post
    I bet the other tank loves you in a toc10/25 run, especially on gormok :P
    It's not a bad idea if you are the main tank though, I do it just to keep aggro up, in fights where the OT has to taunt off though, it is only necessary to use it when actually taunting the boss back to you.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

I don't understand how this can ever help you as a tank. Especially after starting this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...art-to-Rotface I strongly feel that it really only causes problems.

Also, note the changes in patch 3.2: http://www.wowwiki.com/Hand_of_Reckoning no longer does damage on targets attacking you. So just no... it's a taunt not a staple of your rotation.

With the changes to Marrowgar back in December, I'm wondering if 7 healers is still needed for the 25-man version of him. How many healers are recommended for this now? My guild went in with 5 healers and our tanks pretty much got rocked, it always looked like our two OT's took some major hits back to back causing us to wipe. Could this be a positioning problem or just bad luck?

Nothing relevant really, but I really liked the blood-skin, what is it called?

Just Curious about tank damage

If
    Last edited by Imanut; 03-21-2010 at 10:06 PM.

What is the UI you are using i really would like to know as I have been searching for a new UI and yours looks awesome.

+ Reply to Thread