+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Lord Marrowgar

It might be like Emalon - if the MT dodges the OT takes the full damage. :/
    We had our bear tank remove dodge trinkets for HP trinkets so I (warrior tank) didn't keep taking the full damage.

Quote Originally Posted by blindpiggy View Post
    Any way to lower damage coming in to tanks? Tried this last night on 25 with myself (a paladin) and two warriors tanking, both the warriors would die pretty often (one is really a dps with a 232+ tanking offset). I had 11% (49.5 vs 38.3 and 36.5 avgs) higher avoidance for sabre lashes, but switching me from MT to an OT and moving our worst geared tank to MT (a la patchwerk) seemed to help on the damage going out. Is there any reason to believe that this was actually what was happening or was it just coincidence?

I've been through logs over and over and over and there are times where our worst geared tank would get insta-gibbed via 3 18k sabre lashes. Healing was an issue as we were using 6, and one of our pallys was under 3k hps. I think it's more of a healing philosophy issue than anything.

More armor, especially armor potions. A lot of tanks, especially alt tanks that may not consider such things as a matter of course, forget to bring armor potions to the party. That extra 3500 armor makes a huge huge difference.

That said, what seemed to make the biggest difference for us was when the healers changed up their strategy. I don't know what they did, though, because they do all their healer discussions in their super secret exclusive channel, "Blamethetanks."
    Anyway so my question is, is there any patchwerk trend people found, something that would cause OTs to have a chance of taking higher spikes?

Quote Originally Posted by bonekrusher View Post
    We tried this on 10 man. Two tanks were just taking to much dmg, expecially if a healer got spiked. We tried three tanks second time but the third tank just didnt seem to take dmg. Anyway im looking for confirmation on whether or not three tanks work on 10man.
    Confirmed last night. In 10-man, the Saber Lash will hit a maximum of two people. The tool tip seems to indicate it will hit a 3rd tank, but after a couple wipes with 2 tanks, we tried with a third and the lashes still only hit 2 tanks. All 3 tanks were right on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cynner View Post
    It might be like Emalon - if the MT dodges the OT takes the full damage. :/
    We had our bear tank remove dodge trinkets for HP trinkets so I (warrior tank) didn't keep taking the full damage.
    In 10-man (haven't run 25 yet), a tank will only take full damage if there are no allies to split the damage within melee range of Lord Marrowgar. Dodges/Parries/Misses of one or both tanks will wipe out half or all the damage for that lash.

Something else we learned from our logs was the fight starts with ~5 melee swings to the highest threat target, then melee stops for the Saber Lash phase. This is also how the first 5 seconds after the whirlwind phase works.

I cant say for the after-whirlwind part, but it is true the first several hits are single target non-saberlash melee hits for around 12k. On 10man atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    If your tanks are taking that much damage, I think they're probably doing something wrong. On 25 man, I was taking between 12k and 15k hits every 2 seconds when I didn't avoid an attack. That equates to closer to 6750 dps on each of the tanks, or 33,750 over 5 seconds assuming nothing is avoided.

I think if your tanks were taking that much damage, it's likely they were standing in fire, or very undergeared, or not using armor potions, or a combination of all of the above.
    Thanks for the reply, Reev.

Both the tanks are in full toc10 + some 245 gear at minimum. Saber lashes were going between 16 and 10k per hit.

Looking at the logs, every tank death happened when they'd take 4 saber lashes in under 6 seconds (6, 4, 2, 0=dead tank). If a healer was spiked when that happened, bam, dead tank. Obviously this is just unlucky and from the sounds of it, it was happening to others as well.

Ok I have some questions for this, I didn't get through this on 10 man. I was a holy priest

Saberlash - same spell for 25 man and 10 man (3 targets even in 10 man)? We used 2 tanks only (pally MT/warrior OT), and they were taking a tonne of damage, and we already had 3 healers (2 x holy priests + a tree), didn't want to further dilute the DPS.

-Mitigation mechanics - Frost resist aura/totem is useable here, other than better gear any other suggestions?

Likely I might try and respec into Disc, it's been in the back of my mind for a while now.

Whats the add-on that comes up at about 30 seconds in. It shows his diseases/cooldowns scrolling across his screen with a timer. A name would be much appreciated.

I think it's SexyCooldown.

Source: Mynanth
    Can some1 please tell me the name of that addon in ur UI! It's in background of your chat, spels and recount, like a blood stain DDD plzzzzzz tell me the name of it DD wanna download it ^__^
    Me too also how i can create that blood under map? Soz for offtop.
    I made his UI awhile ago, I made all the images in photoshop then brought them in with kgpanels

So my guild got stuck on Marrowgar on our first attempt at ICC10 tonight... we were having the same problems others mentioned, ie tanks going splat all the time. We even had 3 healers and it still wasn't enough.

The main question I have is about the Coldflames... In all the videos I've watched the tanks just never (or very rarely) seem to be targetted by the Coldflame, whereas in our attempts the tanks were CONSTANTLY targetted and kept having to move left and right to avoid flames. Is this normal? Can it be controlled? We ended up having a system whereby we would always go left on the 1st flame then right on the 2nd to keep him facing roughly the same way.

Once we got this movement down our tanks were never seperated and we got through a few transitions and got him to 43%, but we still need a lot of improvement to get him down.

Your tanks should know where the other is moving without really having to communicate. The one whom is main tanking makes the move, the OT follows. Trust your fellow tank and win!

The flames are not controllable as to whom they are going to target, just that they will target a player.

Marrowgar10 is the hardest fight I've seen in there in both 10 and 25man zones.

It's the hump you have to get over.

UI questions

I have been searching for a cleaner UI because as a tank it definately is hard when you have such a small box to look through. Kanzer by any chance can you please list what your using in your UI as well as how to make/apply that sexy bloodsplatter!

Quote Originally Posted by bonekrusher View Post
    I cant say for the after-whirlwind part, but it is true the first several hits are single target non-saberlash melee hits for around 12k. On 10man atleast
    Ya his normal melee really is just *that* big. It would be nice if someone could confirm that after whirlwind he has a cooldown before he starts saberlashing so that the tanks can get into position again. I'll keep an eye on this I guess?

The saberlash range is also pretty short and lag will mess up positioning. The best thing to do is have the tank with aggro get him in place and not move. Rather than have both tanks try to stack on each other, in which case you'll just ping pong back and forth playing tag.

I know I shouldn't ask it here but..
    where do you get your artwork from?!? I realy like it^^

greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    We used 2 tanks only (pally MT/warrior OT), and they were taking a tonne of damage, and we already had 3 healers (2 x holy priests + a tree), didn't want to further dilute the DPS.
    That's hardly the greatest set up in terms of healing for that fight, if 1 or even better both holy priests can go disc that might help, with 1 concentrating on each tank.

I did this in 10 as holy pally and it really suits pally heals.

Well we got him down on the second try on 10m.
    We whiped because our dps did not focus on getting the healers down that way we did not have the 2 tanks (Me and a pally) able to stay high on health (We had about 42k Buffed both). The second try we really got or dps to focus and we got him down.

Also the reason to repositionate him in the middle again is he can do a massive cleave that will do 200% damage to 1 target or 100% melee damage to 2 tanks... so if the dps stand infront of it, and im assuming he takes the same formula as the faction champs in totc 10 he will hit the dps more likly then the other tank. Also make sure you DO NOT stand in the fire, it does crazy amounts if you dont have any frost protection active.

Further more we had 2 teams run him (i was on T1) the trinket droped which gives you 2k mana and the tank weapon. On T2 the same things droped.
    There is no "ctrl" on Fluxx his keyboard... Fluxx is always in control.

lord marrowgar

so i tryed doing this the other day with my mage and hes geared all most in full 245 gear with for the most part great dps numbers in toc 25 and want not . but now when i when in to ICC i was doing crap dps LOW numbers .... ? i dont know y . is there some thing im doing wrong ? or is ever ones dps seem lower in here . is it from having to run around all the time or what ??? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    so i tryed doing this the other day with my mage and hes geared all most in full 245 gear with for the most part great dps numbers in toc 25 and want not . but now when i when in to ICC i was doing crap dps LOW numbers .... ? i dont know y . is there some thing im doing wrong ? or is ever ones dps seem lower in here . is it from having to run around all the time or what ??? thanks
    When you are moving you aren't casting, if you're not casting you're not doing damage.

Kinda simple when you think about it no?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkira View Post
    The main question I have is about the Coldflames... In all the videos I've watched the tanks just never (or very rarely) seem to be targetted by the Coldflame, whereas in our attempts the tanks were CONSTANTLY targetted and kept having to move left and right to avoid flames. Is this normal? Can it be controlled?
    The flames target a random player who is not getting Saber Lashed (like the bone spikes); they seem to prefer targetting players at range. It sounds like you had some ranged players standing behind the tanks, which will send the fire through them.

Easy solution is to have the tanks keep Marrowgar pointing away from the rest of the raid, and make sure no one goes near them (Saber Lash) or behind them (Coldflame).

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Ya his normal melee really is just *that* big.
    Guess I was wrong for 10 man anyways

from mmo-champion:
    • Lord Marrowgar will now do significantly less melee damage in both the 10 player normal and 10 player heroic difficulty.

+ Reply to Thread