+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Icecrown Gunship Battle

How my guild found a good way to this fight on 10 man was to get our two melee (A Rogue and Enhance Shaman) to be going into the cannon's and aiming for the rocketeers to try stop some constant raid damage. With our 3 range dps (2 boomkins and 1 hunter) we got them to burn down the axe throwers until some adds came out for our tank to pick up and they burned them down. When the mage came out and froze the turrets we got the 2 people in the cannons, the hunter and a tank to swap over to make sure the tank wasn't getting hit for to much. Then when the mage got to about 30% health, we would make sure the rogue and shaman would swap over early to get back in their cannons fast.

That's just how my guild does it (We are Alliance, just keep that in mind) and we found it a good strategy .

If you're implying that I posted without reading I assure you I did not. Just made a typo. It's suppose to be 25-man addendum (or Darksend (Addendum)). Also to clarify, I'm talking about the name plates (default: v).

Edit: In retrospective I realised that I could've just PM'd Darksend. Still, done is done so maybe you can answer it here in case someone else was wondering about that addon.
    Last edited by Artazoth; 12-31-2009 at 07:46 AM.

On A Boat...

One of my posts from my guild forums standardizing our execution. Edited for language and left some stuff out that only applied to my guild. Hope this help some of you as I have heard of people doing all sorts of crazy things to get this done when in fact it is very simple to execute.

Since there are 3245432 ways to execute this I am going to post what has worked for me 3 times in 10 man so far.

In 10 man, you need nothing more than 2 tanks and 2 healers.

2 melee dps and a tank will jump across when the first mage spawns. Make sure the tank lands before the dps. The tank makes sure healers standing on our boat are able to reach him from the edge. The melee kill the caster then kill riflemen until the second mage spawns. Bloodlust the second mage burn her down and exit the ship. For the sanity sake our raiders will be expected to exit the ship in one of two ways. Walk to edge of the ship, and jump back, or go through the portal.

2 dps, caster or melee will have been manning the cannons this entire time. During deep freeze these players should be helping with wave control or killing riflemen. When the DPS attacking the mage have her to 20-30% they should alert the gunners so they can get in position to begin firing again asap.

After the second mage, the dps that were manning the cannons, will be the dps jumping across with the second tank. These two dps and tank will repeat exactly what I stated above and you will almost kill the boat before the 3rd mage dies.

Since we're using lust on the second mage, the second tank and healers should save their CD's for the 4th mage. The second set of DPS should also make sure they're attacking the 3rd and 4th mages with CD's available as this is the only strenuous part of the fight

Jet packs.

So I just finished this fight with my guild tonight. We noticed that the jet pack has 2 different tool-tips.

1 of them basically tells you its a jet pack...
    2nd one says it does damage too, and makes melee swing speed slower on enemies.

So what we ended up doing was pretty fab - when our away team got finished killing the mage... they would come back normaly - then use the jet pack again to "pounce" on the lovely bunch of mobs I was tanking in the middle / back ledge of the airship.

(I had previously been kiting these - to reduce damage - while they were fighting abroad - I was like a demented athlete with a jet pack in some kinda twisted shuttle test for a million dollars. Poping over them like a young grasshoppah.)

Anyway - I cant confirm this but it did SEEM like the jet packs packs did a significant amount of damage. Especially with 3 or more of them smashing into the mobs. Not only that but my health didn't dive either because of the speed reduction on the mobs.

Has anyone had similar results?

Quote Originally Posted by Wani View Post
    Best thing about this fight: Bear tanks with rocket packs.
    Oh yes, we were ripping on the two bear druids in the raid tonight for that one.

I did this fight for the first time tonight and I wound up having to off tank it on the Horde ship with the raid leader never having done it before and not knowing what to expect from a tanking perspective as I main spec DPS. Still, this fight was wicked fun and we made a 1 shot out of it on our first attempt in 25 man. We struggled with Marrowgar for a couple of weeks and then knocked him down easy, Lady Deathwhisper took 2 lock out periods to get down for the first time tonight on the second attempt plus a one shot of the Gunship fight so we called it on a good note after a single attempt at Saurfang. The Gunship is easily going to be one of my favorite fights in any raid, at little less mundane then other bosses in my opinion as it's completely different. Too bad it bugged out when the alliance ship went down and it was almost a wipe with only 5 people alive, none of us got our frost badges and most of us couldn't even open the chest or receive the loot we had won on rolls.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

That fight is so fun man, By far the best fight Blizzard have come up with, since Thaddius!
    'Smash through obstacles, with a heart of gold and a Mind of steel, Nothing can get in my way.'

Has anyone Tried Taunting / sorc to closest edge of enemy boat,, and Death gripping her over to *your own* boat to burn down,, with out jet packing over,, or tanking boss on enemy ship at all??

Heroic

What are the differences between the normal and heroic modes?

Quote Originally Posted by mansler View Post
    What are the differences between the normal and heroic modes?
    in a word, none.

to be specific, more HP so you will probably get an extra mage than normal, and the rocket strikes knock back.

Thanks.

I've noticed that in your video your having the tank that is jumping over to the enemy ship use his jetpack to return to the home ship that the raid is on. A suggestion that my guild and I have found to be very successful is to pull the boss of the enemy ship to the edge but instead of using the pack to get back over, you actually walk backwards off of the ship to prevent any damage that would be done by the boss while your unable to block/dodge/parry while you are in mid-air. By doing this you put less stress on healers and you come back up right in the center of the home ship. Hope this helps everyone that may have been having issues with last minute tank damage!!

+ Reply to Thread