Closed Thread

Thread: Question about Satrina's Buff Frames

Question about Satrina's Buff Frames

Forgive me if I've missed something here but I read the guide in an attempt to see if what I wanted was possible. Perhaps I looked in the wrong section.

I was wondering if it was possible to create a filter for SBF that allowed one to filter effects by specific players. Of this, my thoughts were on allowing you to Whitelist or Blacklist certain names from your buff effects.

Currently my Warlock, for instance, has a raid frame for the dots they have on a creature. I've found this a useful way for me to manage the dots without having to install and configure yet another addon. However, because the filters are only given via the name of the effect, I still end up seeing dots from other players. Luckily, the effects are prioritized by player and mine will always show up first. Still, it would be nice to whitelist my name and get rid of all of the other dots from that particular frame, cleaning it up significantly. If I have no dots on the creature, I want to see that! (As opposed to seeing a dot and hovering over it to see if it's mine).

If this feature is not available, I'm wondering if it's something that might be feasible to add given the nature of how SBF tracks the names of the people who give various buffs, and the recent addition to Blizzard's default UI which maybe, hopefully, might allow for some sort of command to be created which would facilitate this filter?

Not quite sure if it is possible or not to filter out names... but if I remember correctly, SBF has a profile feature.

Why not create a different profile for each one of your characters?

Edit--

I think I misunderstood your question the first time i read it.

If I remember right, you can use add "my" in the filter and it'll filter out everything except your spells. Can't remember for sure, and I'm currently downloading 3.3 so can't check.
    Last edited by Helgi; 12-09-2009 at 09:01 AM.

How do I add my? Do I just put "my" in the filter thing? Or is there a <letter>=my ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    How do I add my? Do I just put "my" in the filter thing? Or is there a <letter>=my ?
    I believe it is just "my". I am almost positive it'll tell you exactly how to do it if you press that Filter Help button in the lower right corner.

Beyond that, I have the new-patch-so-all-addons-are-broken-bug right now, so I can't check. Plus finals are going on right now so don't have the time to fuss with it.

I'll get back to you either tomorrow or Friday, unless you figure it out or someone else is kind enough to input.

n=bla&my

There you got your answers...
    I use the spells tab for quick setup of filter.

Now I'm just wondering why I couldn't see it in the help section

Hrm n=Immolate&my is not working

Managed to get SBF to work after disabling the rest of my addons. Here is what I have for the filter on the 4th frame of my warrior (the 4th frame is to the left of my character).

I deemed all of my debuffs important so I only have one filter. I could imagine you want the same thing for your Warlock, but I've never played one past level 10 so I wouldn't know.

edit: Wrong thread, reposting question on Satrina's general SBF Q&A thread.
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 12-14-2009 at 01:14 PM.

There is no automatic way to make that distinction, no. That is to say, when you say "show me my buffs", the game client does not come back and give any sort of information about the buff beyond its name, duration, time remaining, and a few other things.

At some point I'll give users a facility to make those definitions themselves and let them filter on it.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Closing this since the other thread is bumped again - with the same question O.o
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Closed Thread