+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing a TAB target issue

Fixing a TAB target issue

A long time ago I read about a mod that let you shorten the distance of a tab target

I sometimes have an issue with tabbing grabbing mobs that are unpulled or way in the back especially in ToC 5

Is the only way to avoid this to turn and face a direction with no mobs in the distance or is there a way to cap tab at a certain distance?

For example if I tab, it targets a mob hundreds of feet away instead of the pack in front of me

The function you read about was removed in late BC I think. Back then you could reduce the maximum distance to target the next enemy via tab, just as you can do now with camera distance. But that no longer works.

Currently, the tab key defaults to "target closest."

If you aren't getting the close pack but the farther out stuff, you're either not quite facing where you think you are, or you might want to check those bindings.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Or click nameplates to target, tab targeting is dangerous, takes longer to get the mob you want, and is not nearly as accurate.

Of course it's hard to click to target if you click you skills...

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

^^

That's why I absolutely love nameplates while tanking. Very helpful to keep an eye on who's taking what kind of damage too.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Actually I find nameplate clicking to be even more dangerous. In fights where things are moving around, you can very easily see the nameplates bouncing all over the place. I remember having a hell of a time trying to click on a healing stream totem for Faction Champs because all the movement had the nameplaces everywhere.

On Anub, he is so large and we tank the adds underneath him, even if the the add is far away, its hard to not click and get Anub still....

I wish there was a way to restrict the tab target functionality. It would be better.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

Try Tidy plates or aloft.

They also changed the way nameplates work in 3.3.

Both styles work well in different situations, but I personally have not tab targeted since pre-tbc... it's just too random for my tastes, and even tho I occasionally make a mis-click or two and select the wrong target I still find it quicker and more accurate then tab targeting. I used to use tab, same as I used to click my skills and keyboard turn, I personally find mouse clicking targets to be superior.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread