Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.3 Icecrown-Marmots & Final Murloc Marine Contest!

3.3 Icecrown-Marmots & Final Murloc Marine Contest!

With Icecrown this week, everyone should be preparing for the release of our first 3.3 guide movies just as soon as we can prepare them for the community. As always, we do want to remind people that these strategy movies can be downloaded directly through our servers with our Donor Download Service -- this also helps the site keep providing new content.

Notice: Aliena's video was taken down! Admittedly, this was our fault, and we're attempting to contact YouTube regarding this. This is available for download through our donor service, but we'll try to get it up again on YouTube as soon as possible.

These movies can be downloaded in high definition through our Donor Download Service. Click to learn more!

Last Week's Competition -- Caption Contest
    We will be drawing out five winners for this contest shortly. Please bear with us, we're loaded down with Icecrown patch release mayhem, so it could be up to 48 hours before we contact our winners this week (and if we fail to award any, we'll do second draws shortly after). Stay tuned to your Private Messages!

This Week's Competition -- What are you most excited about?
    This week we want to see a sentence or short paragraph describing what you are most excited for in 3.3 or Cataclysm.

We will draw at least 7 entries at random to win a Murloc Marine. Among these, we will decide which we thought was the most thoughtful and award a Lil' KT and Pandaren as well.

You are welcome to respond multiple times to the thread to discuss the movies, but don't add a second post with captions! Posters who make multiple entries or post from multiple accounts will be disqualified. Members who haven't won a pet are welcome to re-enter the contest with each new week!

Really my hats off to you guys. The Weekly Marmots are a fun and entertaining medium to present subjects. I appreciate all the work you guys put in here on tankspot and look forward to the new exciting additions to the site.

Keep up the great work!
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Cider check your pm's if you get a minute

Hey. would you be able to link me to that quest chain you were talking about? Or just the weapon?

Lore wins

Aliena just cant compete with a cat... thats a low blow man..

Lore, I take back every mean attempt to troll you. You've fully won my heart over with your cat.

Any chance these will be on Zune or iTunes store for auto download?

Contest Caption Post

"Fishing is dangerous when you're actually smaller than the bait."

"Hm. You look like a REAL turkey. Last one I ate turned out to be an orc rogue. yuck."

"But daddy, I wanna play with the big gun too. I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA! *pout*"

"Cataclysm: Meet Lich King's evil half brother no one knew about...the brother Blizzard DIDN'T want you to find out."

Aww. missed the challenge by a week. o well. Posting for fun and giggles =]

Last edited by Mztaken; 12-08-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Font size too big.

Lore won this week!

Cat plus outlet equals?

WoW Caption Contest

"I'm Mr. T! And I'm a Nigh- What is this!? What fool thinks he can hack Mr. T! I aint no
    "Tauren" Mohawk!! I'm a Night Elf Mohawk!.. I'll find the fool that did this! And I pity the fool
    that did this to me! I'm a Night Elf Mohawk!!!"

I usually just watch/read rather than post, so I hope this is an ok place for this.

In Aliena's summary of healer changes, she mentioned a couple of things that I am sure are incorrect, and are unfortunately pretty glaring mistakes.

- Rejuvenation's duration wasn't nerfed. The base duration on all ranks is being changed to the 3.2 base duration of the final rank (meaning all of the lower ranks are getting a buffed, and the one Druids currently used is not getting changed). They reverted the old nerf to this because of the change to Gift of the Earth Mother. The reason Druids have 18 seconds on Rejuv is Nature's Splendor, an 11 point Balance talent, which is not being nerfed.

- Paladin's Infusion of Light will still proc instant cast Flash of Lights and +20% critical chance on Holy Light after a critical Holy Shock. The HOT on Sacred Shield is just an addition to the talent.

- This one's not a mistake, but moreso leaving something out. Divine Sacrifice, a raid-wide cooldown that most Holy Paladins pick up, is being changed (not necessarily nerfed). This wasn't mentioned, but is very relevant to healing, since damage mitigated is damage that doesn't have to be healed. This is the biggest change to Paladin healers this patch.

I just want to make sure everyone's getting the right information, since a lot of people watch these videos (I do, and I love them).

Thanks for making the videos!

Why won't Aliena address whether or not she has seen the Star Wars movies? I am not saying she hasn't seen them, I am only saying that I am afraid that she hasn't seen them.

/Glenn

So I went to see Zombieland last night. The main character looks kinda like Lore. I could not stop thinking that. So, if the world is taken over by zombies, we need to go to Lore.

Also, the cat is win. I'm kinda curious how often you've wound up pulling the cat boss while raiding... happens to me often enough.

Sorry, Lore wins this week by far. The cake looked sweet. But teaseing that cat. >.> God i hate cats!

For 3.3 I look forward to kicking the Lich king's butt! For cataclysm, I look forward to playing Worgen on the allies. The new best tank for the horde, Pally Tauren (+5% hp ftw!). Plus flaying around in noobie areas on pvp servers will be fun too.
    To the One True King, You are my sword and my shield. I enter battle and I am not afraid; for I am not alone.

As for 3.3, I'm looking forward to the looking forward to the looking for dungeon system (and the pet that's reward for getting the achievement), new pets (YAY!), new rep and quest chains to do. Well pretty much alot if you can't tell. As for Cataclysm, I'm SO EXCITED that there is finally going to be another class than can be a Druid besides Taurens! And that they're changing the original Azeroth.

Great Videos! I am sad that Lore is moving to wed though, I enjoy watching both these videos during the patch/maintenance! Like others, Lore wins this week! Cat was amazing.

Contest Paragraph -
    This is an exciting patch, one that (to me) is the most anticipated. I'm sure most people share my excitement in finally being able to kill the Lich King (even though it won't be for quite some time). I think Blizz did an amazing job to make me hate him, and want him dead. I am also looking foreward to the new LFG/LFR options, so that my alts will have stuff to do now. But yeah, going through Icecrown Citadel is by far going to be amazing, all the encounters seem challenging, and I just can't wait to go in and start trying to down these first 4 bosses!
    "If the tank dies, it's the healers fault. If the healer dies, it's the tanks fault. If the dps dies, it's their own damn fault!"

Closed Thread