+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stam stacking

stam stacking

i notice alot of tanks stam stacking now days is it worth giveing up the gem additons for puting the right colors in the right sockets and just filling every gem spot with plus 30 stam gems or should i just make sure every gem i have has some stam on it any oppinions or advice would be useful
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Stam Czar reporting in.

I recommend gemming straight stam except for 1 red/stam gem that matches a +9 stam bonus or higher to activate your meta, however the alternative method to gemming is to hit any socket bonus that is +9 stam or higher with a color/stam gem. If a socket bonus is not +9 stam or greater, it is not worth it, gem stam.

Edit: at least I believe those rules hold true for DKs as well.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Stam Czar reporting in.

I recommend gemming straight stam except for 1 red/stam gem that matches a +9 stam bonus or higher to activate your meta, however the alternative method to gemming is to hit any socket bonus that is +9 stam or higher with a color/stam gem. If a socket bonus is not +9 stam or greater, it is not worth it, gem stam.

Edit: at least I believe those rules hold true for DKs as well.
    I suspect DK's like Agi as well. I know druids do, and DK's have the same no-blocking issues we do.

The more dodges/parries/misses, the better. Strength boosts parry, but most DK's get high enough values to have severely diminishing returns.

All that said, I don't know DK tanks very well. The only really good DK tank I know OCD's on getting socket bonuses.

DK tanks should gear similarly to Warriors and Pallies (at least Warriors and Pallies doing progression content), except for the obvious "block is bad" and the slightly less obvious "dodge is much, much better than parry".

Agility is nice, since both Blood and Frost tanks have 45% bigger crits on their main strikes (Blood gets a nice buff from crits as well), but nothing you should seek out on its own - throw in a couple agi/stam gems to meet decent red sockets or to activate your meta though.

/agree with this, however I prefer an Expertise+Stam gem to activate my meta.

Being in a 10man strict guild, I'm somewhat at the mercy of a dearth of Expertise from gear at the moment. In my current set I'm at 18 Expertise without food... :\

+ Reply to Thread