+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GM quit

GM quit

So our guild master rage quit and passed GM to one of my buddies, he doesn't play as much as me so it has kind of fallen back on me to keep things together, raids and stuff. I was wanting to get the guild back into shape and don't really have to much experience with this kind of thing. I would also like to get some class leaders for people to go to if they need advise and was wondering the best way to do this. If you have and info that could help me out it would be appreciated. Thanks.

sorry, just realized this is the wrong section for this post.

moved
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/penlowe

Look at the stickies on this (new) forum. There are two that lead to places where there are lots of guides, some for exactly your situation. Happy reading!
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/penlowe

thank you

Pick the people in your guild who know what they are doing and are helpful. If that fails, pick people who know what they are doing and are willing to help keep things running. Having class leads that are skilled and invested in the guild is important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

We currently farm 10m toc/ony/voa weekly and we can one shot every thing with the exception of toc every now and then. I've tried splitting up the more geared guild members to try and get more people geared, but we have trouble clearing the bosses then. How should i fit people in to the raids without cutting people out and/or failing to clear simple raids. Also Swam should I get the GM to make ranks for the class leaders or how should I make it noticeable to people who they are. As of now it's in their guild notes. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bagels View Post
    We currently farm 10m toc/ony/voa weekly and we can one shot every thing with the exception of toc every now and then. I've tried splitting up the more geared guild members to try and get more people geared, but we have trouble clearing the bosses then. How should i fit people in to the raids without cutting people out and/or failing to clear simple raids.
    If the difference is just gear and not skill, the lesser geared group will eventually start clearing it -- that's the experience I had.

Also, is the same person leading both groups (using an alt, of course)? If not, it could also be a difference in the quality of the raid leader.

Bagels, I feel your pain. I'm an officer in a guild that is making the transition from social guild to 10-man content. The most difficult thing that we face is getting people geared, and building raids. The most fair method we have found is to use the Training dummies. Our method was to build a ten man group based on our most effective ten man combination on the dummies. We then look at our composition, and see from there what instance we run. We don't put "TOC 10" on the calendar. We put "10 man Raid". based on who we have, we decide from there what gets run. We then started subbing in some of our undergeared people and "dragging them through" where we can.

Also had a same thing happen to me. Our GM quit because he wanted gear pretty much. I didn't know he quit till i logged on and got a spam on whispering and seeing i was made gm. And with in a few days most of our geared 80's left. Leaving us with 1 healer and a couple geared 80's. Luckily our tanks,1 being me are still here. Though we are struggling very bad to get things going again. /sigh

+ Reply to Thread