+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms Warrior: what is your comfort lvl in expertise?

Arms Warrior: what is your comfort lvl in expertise?

seen many discussions out there about arms warrior and expertise... and i am just wondering... asking, more like it... at how much expertise are you comfortable with?

this is my main at the moment... a

as you can see, the only expertise i get is 28 from my Crimson Star and also have the 2/2 WM and 2/2 SoA to ease my requirements for it...

i am at a point where i can purchase a T9.25 helm but was wondering whether i should get the legs just to bring up my expertise a bit...
    monkey see... monkey do...

Generally I believe 26 is the magic number you want to shoot for, although Weapon Mastery lowers that down to 18. You want to be able to push dodge off the table, and don't worry about parrying, since they can only parry frontal attacks and you shouldn't be attacking from the front.

I currently run under the cap, 17 w/o wep. mastery. But, I make OP my number one priority, Seems to work out well. But as stated if you can sit at 26 or a little above you are fine. and do not need to worry about getting more.

im at 9 expertise, 4 from spec, 5 from orc racial with axes. i have 1/2 weapon mastery as well.

i haven't seen a negative impact on my dps from when i was at 17 expertise with 2/2 weapon mastery. i just make sure i always hit overpower first if its a dodge proc or tfb proc.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

My "comfort level" would be softcapped. Sure you get overpower procs now and then if you don't softcap, but most of the time they coincide with another proc or ability's cooldown. I wouldn't gem or go out of my way to gear for expertise, but I definitely prefer to be softcapped.

18 is the number I usually feel comfortable with as arms, but as destruyen already stated, and I myself has gone as low as 11 and not seen an effect on dps.

the key is to use your dodge procced overpowers immediately so a tfb procced overpower doesnt "eat" the dodge procced overpower.

plus with the increased crit chance on overpower, your deep wounds gets closer to near 100% uptime and they tick for more dmg.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

thanks for the replies... yes, i know what the soft cap is... i'm asking for those who run under the soft cap for increased overpower occurrences.

i am currently at 7 expertise... and like i've said, i am itching to get the Triumph pants but the amount of ArP loss is a bit huge...

anywhoo... lemme take kick it around one more nite of raid before making up my mind...
    monkey see... monkey do...

I ran with 26. Then i switched out my T9 legs for some legs with 89 armor pen on them. Dropped me to 19 expertise and no weapon mastery. I get dodged so little that the 89 extra armor pen i gained is much more beneficial.

I'm at 19 and I didn't see a difference. I think you'll be ok with 17

+ Reply to Thread