+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.3 DK DW Tank weapons: Peacekeeper x2 or Tankard x2?

3.3 DK DW Tank weapons: Peacekeeper x2 or Tankard x2?

I've got 2x Peacekeeper Blades, and 2x Tankard of Terror.

When 3.3 hits I'd like to put Rune of the Nerubian Carapace on them, respec to a Frost DW tank build, and give DW tanking a try.

Up until now I've mostly ignored DW tanking, and am playing catchup in terms of knowing the build/style/mechanics/etc. I'm aware you want slower 1H weapons, which are generally dps weapons rather than tanking ones. But 2x Peacekeeper + 2x Rune gives significant additional Defense stats.

Anyone have any thoughts and/or data on what's better? Faster, ilvl 219 weapons w/ defense stats, or slower ilvl 226 dps weapons?
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 12-05-2009 at 02:29 AM.

the tankards, because they pull more TPS, and most of the time, TPS is the biggest problem of a DK tank...

Thanks, makes sense.

you're welcome

Also, with Patch 3.3, Stoneskin gargoyle is availavle for 1H weapons as well.
    ~L3TH4L~

Yup, it's called Rune of the Nerubian Carapace. I logged my DK out in Acherous in front of a rune forge so getting that Rune on my 2x Tankards will be the first thing I do.

TPS is problem for DKs? what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulosthegame View Post
    TPS is problem for DKs? what?
    I think he meant to say, "TPS will be your biggest problem if you use fast weapons that cause your Rune Strike to hit like a wet noodle"

Also (I'm assuming your frost) the slow dps weps like the tankards, help greatly with the threat of tharsarrian talent.

+ Reply to Thread