+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre Cataclysm Goals?

Pre Cataclysm Goals?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, I wrote a post about it on my blog about establishing goals (both long-term and short-term), and it has since set me to thinking. So, I come here to ask you guys, what do you want to accomplish before Cataclysm drops?

Some of My Own Goals
    Hit the Gold Cap (Currently 50,113 out of 214,748 - getting there)
    Create Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros - Done
    Clear all BC and Vanilla Instances and Raids (In Progress)
    Complete the Insane in the Membrane Feat of Strength
    Get an 80 of each class (All but Hunter, Rogue, and Warlock done)
    Finish the Rusted Proto-Drake (Mimiron, Vezax, and Yogg to go still)
    Khaas the Insane
    My Guild: Face on Fire | My Blog: SRSBusiness

I wanna kill Arthas Hardmode pre-nerfs, preferrably top 100US. That's it really.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I wanna kill Arthas Hardmode pre-nerfs, preferrably top 100US. That's it really.

Oh and the main reason I want to kill arthas?

For making me f***ing wait through all of his slow a** RP in CoS. RP FASTER YOU MORON!!!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Oh and the main reason I want to kill arthas?

For making me f***ing wait through all of his slow a** RP in CoS. RP FASTER YOU MORON!!!
    you play on an RP server.. you love RP

i wana know how the hell you are supposed to kill arthas.... seriously.

In no particular order:
    1. Hit 80 on my first major Horde character (part of my character-list).
    2. Kill Arthas on my Death Knight and Hunter, before any nerfs (if they come); hopefully, one of the first (top 3) in the server. :-(
    3. Moar Goldz: As in enough to buy a drake or two and not worry too much!
    4. Shadowmourne & Quel'delar
    5. For once, get "best-in-slot" (for my DK and Hunter, at least) gear.
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/...83400JYOhf.png

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    you play on an RP server.. you love RP

i wana know how the hell you are supposed to kill arthas.... seriously.
    If you notice it's an RP-PvP server, I rolled there to kill RPers

How'd you know if someone on the other side is RP-ing, since Horde and Alliance can't really communicate? Unless you're saying that they are all RP-ers since they play on an RP server. If so, what about those who are there to kill other RP-ers?

Quote Originally Posted by Valquirie View Post
    How'd you know if someone on the other side is RP-ing, since Horde and Alliance can't really communicate? Unless you're saying that they are all RP-ers since they play on an RP server. If so, what about those who are there to kill other RP-ers?
    Killing 2 naked night elves in darkshire is one of the funniest things I've ever done in WoW, next to summoning about 50+ people off the side of Dalaran. Trust me, you know when they're RPing.

. . .summoning about 50+ people off the side of Dalaran. . .
    HOW?! :-o
    ...And, I guess, it might be obvious when someone's RP-ing. Never really been on a RP server myself. :P

HOW?! :-o
    Well we started doing it to friends that thought it'd be funny too... and expanded it to anyone we could sucker into doing it.

Basically there's a little island just off of Krauss' landing that if you put a summoning portal down to, then have a druid in fight form fly off the edge and start a portal, you will summon people in mid air. It shows up as Crystal Song forest, so we'd either tell people "OMG WORLD PVP COME QUICK, HERE'S A SUMMON" or "Dude, the Rarespawn is up, want the achieve? we're about to kill it hurry!" Hurrying is the key here, you want to rush them into it without much thinking. It's the same concept behind the "you must call within the next 15 minutes to recieve this SPECIAL offer" from infomercials. Even though the infomercial is going to be played at least 3 more times in the next 15 minutes and say the same thing... but I digress.

So we started summoning people and pretty much everyone thought it was hilarious and would join in and try to get other people, I left after about 50 which was about 2-3 hours of conning people in because it was 2am and I had work, but a huge group of people stayed up until 5am doing it. The entire time were just laughing our asses off in tears.

We actually did this the next day before our raid to our guild leader. We had a very significant portion of the guild in on it the night before, and we had been in kind of a raiding slump. We had gotten really sloppy morale was down, we were wiping constantly on mimiron hardmode, making sloppy mistakes on the way to him, wiping to content we shouldn't have been (we wiped on thorim hardmode, a LOT when we had been clearing it for well over a month). It was bad, but after that night of summoning we got a new boost of confidence, morale was high, and we cleared through ulduar like it was nothing, laughing the whole way, and even got mimiron that week (I think it was that week at least) in one of the most epic kills ever, lol.

HaHaHa!!! ....Niiice!
    (Congratulations, on the kills! :-))

HaHaHa!!! ....Niiice!
    (Congratulations, on the kills! :-))
    The kills were a while ago, but thanks! The mimiron kill was one of the coolest boss fights/kills I've ever been on. 3 people alive (2 pallies and me because I hit a soul stone) that killed mimiron as he was exploding. It was incredibly epic.

get the geddon half of the bindings of the wind seeker so I can finish my thunderfury.
    get a shadowmourne
    get a MH glaive so I can finally finish my glaive set.
    Be even more of a legendary whore
    kill hard mode Lich king on 25 man
    be able to finish the expansion with full BiS fury gear

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

+ Reply to Thread