+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting PVP?

Starting PVP?

Hello, currently I am a tank for PVE and i have a Arms spec for my Dual Spec.

My question is:
    I have been playing prot since around lv60 because it literally had no downtime in the leveling process. Now that I'm 80 and have been for a good amount of time now (about 3 months on and off) I want to give arena a go. I know MS warriors are usually what arena teams are looking for but I'm not sure how I should get pre-PVP gear for my Arms spec. I have some Savage Saronite and some DPS gear from various heroics and Claymore of the Prophet (mainly because I had some Champ seals to boot).

So does anybody have any suggestions on specs and pre-PVP gear I should be focused on getting? I don't have much gold to spend but i am hoping to finish my mining to 450 today so I can harvest some mats.

Thanks ahead of time ^^

For starters, join an arena team as soon as possible. Even with 0 rating you get points every week as if you had 1500 rating, so there no reason not doing so. Also even if your gear is not on par you will still gain some experience from what arena looks like by doing those 10 games per week (you can do more but 10 games is what is required to get the points). Now about the gear you got many choices: First of all, you can now buy Deadly Gladiator's set only for honor or Emblems of Conquest, no need for any arena activity, so start farming those BGs/Wintergrasp and gather as much honor as possible. Also you can guy all the Furious offpieces with honor only so get those too. This will give you a start with full pvp gear. Get a pvp-trinket too (most people use the one from Wintergrasp that gives 190 AP but there are many other choices including the Medallion which gives 108 resilience. You decide on what you will use). Finally get a 2-handed weapon (Edge of Ruin is nice but if you have something better go for that) and you are ready to go i think. After that its only a matter of skill and experience. About geming, check out tankspot or arenajunkies guides for the stats you need to go for. Finally, if you want to enter the topic of ArP vs Str, you're welcome to look just about anywhere and find out what's best in those 10000000000 posts that discuss this.

What Joke said, that's how I started. Actually wasted 900 arena points on deadly gear cause I was impatient but it increased my survivability immensely. I actually PvProt and love it. My problem is actually getting PvE gear to make the most optimal gear...

Don't pvp in prot. Go arms. There are two common specs. 54/17/0 and 57/14/0. Search the guides on this site for dirty arms guide. It's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    Don't pvp in prot.
    Or u can play whatever spec u find fun.

The top team in one of the brackets is double healer Prot war. Lots of people have hit glad as prot.

+ Reply to Thread