+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadowpriest Stat Priority

Shadowpriest Stat Priority

What is the stat priority for Spriests?

I know to get hit capped. She is. Raw SP, but then what?
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

In 3.3,

SP > Haste > Crit

http://www.shadowpriest.com is an excellent resource for spriests.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbu View Post
    's true, but the color combo, while appropriate for the class...is hard on my eyes. And I couldn't find it laid the info I wanted just plain stat priority. My search juju must be broken.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

In 3.3,

SP > Haste > Crit

This is how I stat my shadow set and it seems to work.
    For 3.3 through the guys at shadowpriest.com suggests
    haste>sp>crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Healybob View Post
    This is how I stat my shadow set and it seems to work.
    For 3.3 through the guys at shadowpriest.com suggests
    haste>sp>crit.
    Hmm will have to check again, I thought SP took back the first priority once they removes SW: P from the haste scaling.

Will check soon and post back, mondays are usually busy at work.

spriest stat

According to shadowpriest.com:

"The following are the new scaling factors:

Int = 0.27
    Spi = 0.58
    SP = 1.00 (obviously as values are normalized to SP)
    Hit = 1.41
    Crit = 0.88
    Haste = 1.00"

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopi...201781#p201781 <---haste scaling and soft caps

Here's the "Stats" paragraph from the shadowpriest general PvE DPS FAQ. (can I get a few more acronyms in there? OMG ROFL.)

"--- Stat priority until hit cap is basically hit > spell power > haste/crit > int/stam > spirit. For raiding, never be far below or above the hit cap, as its value drops to 0 beyond that point. SP is king, but your gear will have it & you'll enchant/gem it, so it doesn't need to be stacked per se. Aim for 300 to 400 haste (9.15%-12.2%), then stack crit. Don't worry about int, stam, spirit & mp5 -- they are far less important than the previous stats, but they will be on your gear. Spell penetration and resilience are PVP stats."

Don't know if this helps or is too basic, but there it is.
    Last edited by eirishkegal; 12-12-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: funky html removal

Quote Originally Posted by eirishkegal View Post
    Here's the "Stats" paragraph from the shadowpriest general PvE DPS FAQ. (can I get a few more acronyms in there? OMG ROFL.)

"--- Stat priority until hit cap is basically hit > spell power > haste/crit > int/stam > spirit. For raiding, never be far below or above the hit cap, as its value drops to 0 beyond that point. SP is king, but your gear will have it & you'll enchant/gem it, so it doesn't need to be stacked per se. Aim for 300 to 400 haste (9.15%-12.2%), then stack crit. Don't worry about int, stam, spirit & mp5 -- they are far less important than the previous stats, but they will be on your gear. Spell penetration and resilience are PVP stats."

Don't know if this helps or is too basic, but there it is.
    Can you give source of that please, to me it seems this is old, Haste is definitely close to SP in stat priority now. Stacking haste instead of crit will give you more net DPS as of patch 3.3

Can you give source of that please, to me it seems this is old, Haste is definitely close to SP in stat priority now. Stacking haste instead of crit will give you more net DPS as of patch 3.3

I think that's old info he posted, i;m sure i read that ages ago when i first started playing my priest alt.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Quote Originally Posted by Xianth View Post
    I think that's old info he posted, i;m sure i read that ages ago when i first started playing my priest alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xianth View Post
    Yes, she did post info that is currently being updated on shadowpriest.com, but it did specify that it was before reaching the hit cap, which I thought was the question. After the hit cap was reached is when haste became prime, I thought. Until then it was still Hit and Spell Power first. Has that changed for people who are still below hit cap?

I'm below the hit cap (well below, since I'm still leveling) and I've backed off the haste a little bit in terms things like food buffs because missing even faster doesn't seem to be helping my DPS too much. ;-) I usually eat for hit at this point. Too much haste and I go OOM anyway.

Hit is a bit more complicated if you want to min-max

You should keep various pieces of hit gear, and work from there. For example, if alliance and unless you are a draenie spriest, you should always have one piece that contributes about 1% hit, and then have a non-hit piece. If you team up with a draenei, swap out as needed.

It's a little less complicated for spriests and moonkins who actually bring a +hit debuff to the mobs, but the philosophy is still the same.

+ Reply to Thread