+ Reply to Thread

Thread: little help on taunt marco

little help on taunt marco

i been working on a macro for pulling bosses. well i can't seem to get it to work right on the first use of the macro. yea i'm new and this is pretty plain and simple but i want some help fixing this macro.

/cast charge
    /cast reliation
    /cast defensive stance
    /cast taunt

now i know that's just basic of basic but the taunt command doesn't work on the 1st try, on 2nd try of the macro it taunts. is there a way to fix that and also is there a way to put like a thunder clap or demolizaing shout into that command because i can't get those to work.

Although I dont recommend taunt for pulling bosses or anything for that matter but the reason this macro is not working is because Charge and stance both incur a GCD every time used (and so will Taunt once used).

Any ability which incurs a GCD can not be macored together in a single button click.

The correct macro would be

/castsequence [reset=target,combat] Charge, Defensive Stance, Taunt

The above macro will work by clicking 3 times, click 1 Charge, click 2 stance, click 3 Taunt.

AFAIK, Retaliation does not incur a GCD so that can be macroed into something else.

Again I haven't played much on stance dance macros for a while so my info on those maybe inaccurate.

HTH

I agree gabbu--the purpose of taunt is to place you on top of the aggro list. However, at the beginning of a pull there is no aggro list, and unless your horribad at pulling, you should already be on top of the aggro list.

Better to replace it with a Shield Slam or at the very least a Devastate.

And he is right about the global cooldown thing. You can only have one ability in a macro that triggers a global cooldown (but an infinite about of abilities that do not trigger a global cooldown).

well its a guy in our guild trying to issue that command i mean it works like it does because it will put charge, reliataion *spell bad here* and then put you in defensive stance with 1 click of the macro but u have to click it 2 times to do the taunt. i could care less about the taunt because i was trying to make it do the charge, reliation, defensive stance and maybe like Thunder clap. but i can't get it to work right soo is there any help with that. the shield slam idea is neat and didn't think of that at the time he explain because it was like 4 am when he was trying to get me to fix it.

If I understand what you are saying ..

You are trying to use Retaliation while tanking. Don't. That is the short of it. Follow the above suggestion of
    a) Being in defensive stance at all times, and
    b) Charge->Shield Slam->Thunderclap. You still have to click the same button many, many times, just have your friend learn how to tank.

Longer reasons
    1) Retaliate is on a 5 minute cooldown. I truly hope you don't wait 5 minutes between pulls
    2) Even if you did, when you switched from Battle Stance (From where Retaliation is made available) to defensive stance,
    -you will incur a GCD penalty (in plain English, the mobs will slap you silly
    for 1.5 seconds while you will sit their like a goober, possibly dying)
    -you will lose rage as you switch stances, unless you have a bad spec
    (and therefore can't tank effectively). So therefore, even if you live
    through the GCD penalty, you willl continue to flail your weapon with
    normal hits, at which time the mobs will tire of this silliness and go kill
    your party/raid.

I hope I was able to convince you NOT to do this.

well this macro was told to be used during boss fights to get way head on threat but i was like hmm. seem liks a bad tank but i was trying to make it have charge -> shield slam -> Thunder clap -> demo. shout. but he was saying that was the best rage maker macro for boss fights but i don't know if that would be a good idea when u get the gcd penatly and just die.

hi, ussually i use this to "start" a fight

/targetenemy [nodead, noexists]
    /cast Charge
    /cast [combat] Shield Slam
    /cast [combat] Shield Block
    /cast [combat] ThunderClap
    /stopcasting

then, if any mob escapes me, i use

/cast [target=mouseover]Taunt

and with the Warbringer talent, i repeat the charge macro above or use Intercept, then SS ->TC -> etc,

also always on Defensive Stance

BRILLIANT! Thanks I'm going to try that

~I ♥ MY PIT BULL~

Quote Originally Posted by Cybion View Post
    hi, ussually i use this to "start" a fight

/targetenemy [nodead, noexists]
    /cast Charge
    /cast [combat] Shield Slam
    /cast [combat] Shield Block
    /cast [combat] ThunderClap
    /stopcasting

then, if any mob escapes me, i use

and with the Warbringer talent, i repeat the charge macro above or use Intercept, then SS ->TC -> etc,

also always on Defensive Stance
    You may want to cast shield block before you do your initial shield slam, you will double* your SBV and get more bang for the buck.

*Even with SBV subject to diminishing returns over 2760(assuming level 80) you still get a nice bump.
    I like my women how I like my coffee, ground up and in the freezer.

+ Reply to Thread