+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Burnished Quel'Serrar

But armor isn't avoidance... it's EHP, it' IS stam and avoidance is there when you need it.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    But armor isn't avoidance... it's EHP, it' IS stam and avoidance is there when you need it.
    It's EHP on chance, providing you got hit while it was proc'd.
    That's kinda like saying I know I'm going to dodge that next hit......

BUT I did some pondering on your train of thought and I came to the conclusion that I did need to mention that in a different circumstance you would be more than obviously correct. I will turn my own thoughts a bit and agree with you on one point.

Had you been the off tank holding adds and being hit 4X every cycle I would say that tank is the one who should be using BQS and who would see the greatest return from using it. Then we would have seen a completely different application of the proc in relation to the amount of incoming hits X4 and there good sir you would be abslolutely correct even with a 50% up time assuming 20 hits or better per proc with stam buff in that example BQS would shine and it would be very hard if not impossible to find another weapon that is going to provide the EH. Unless your wielding THIS!!!!!!!! Troggbane, Axe of the Frostborne King - Items - Sigrie !!!! /drool /sigh/ /creaminmypants /humpmymontior then it's like duh. I'll just be throwing my 51 stam JC gem in that sexy monster and some bladewarding or mongoose.... sigh....drool... rinse@ repeat...

But well said and thank you for making me see a different side on what I a bit harshly judged as crap. You still wont see me wielding it, but I wont be quite as harsh on the guy who is if he's add tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicyco View Post
    It's EHP on chance, providing you got hit while it was proc'd.
    That's kinda like saying I know I'm going to dodge that next hit......
    Ya, I can agree to that, and that's really what the personal preference on the weapon comes down to. I just happen to think that the uptime is high enough that it is worth it because overall it becomes more EHP than 26 more stam.

And yes, Troggbane = sexy.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

New 80 Tank...I've gotten the BQS 10-man and Rine's Claw today, and I'm not entirely sure which to roll with. Situational?

I've stuck with the Claw so far...

While not consistant as most sources of EH, the uptime on the Quel is quite high enough to be considered, IMO.

The amount of Stamina available on most weapons is actually quite low as a general rule, so unless you prefer the static Armor from one of the Anub weapons, it is a very nice option.

Troggbane is quite nice, but it's unfortunate that it's another 2.0s weapon for TPS purposes--that's actually one of the downsides to the Quel, but at least in the case of the Quel its PPM mechanics lend an advantage to the base speed being a little on the slow side to raise proc uptime through instants.

The uptime for Quel will be at least around 50% on average for a Warrior--higher for a Paladin--and depending on the fight mechanics can be much higher than that in terms of effective tanking time.

Personally, I would likely prefer Crusader's Glory to this in some cases (which beats it by a hair in terms of EH, on average), but as I've never seen in drop the BQS is a very viable alternative on the Armor/EH front.

In regard to BQS vs. Rimefang's Claw, I would put my money on the BQS, hands-down. The proc is very powerful, and will easily be better damage reduction than the avoidance on Rimefang's Claw in the majority of cases. Given that there is virtually no difference in base EH between the two weapons, there isn't much upside to Rimefang's.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

I'd agree with Kojiyama. And actually the threat differences aren't too bad since a crit devastate with a slow weapon can give some nice spike threat. If you are doing your rotation correctly, then it shouldn't matter too much.

+ Reply to Thread