+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally - Advise on Gear / Gemming?

Prot Pally - Advise on Gear / Gemming?

Hey guys!

I'm currently in the process of thinking about dropping my "balanced" build and stacking more for Sta. But I'm kind of curious as to what point do I sacrifice my avoidance gems and go for Sta? Any input would be nice. Thanks in advance

The World of Warcraft Armory

PS - Any gear upgrades would be nice as well

Only 32.8K unbuffed at your gear level and and parry gems ... I died a little inside.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Dump the parry, hit the stam.

The World of Warcraft Armory

It hasn't updated with my new enchants and such, but that's the spec I use. I don't really make calls on other specs due to the fact that people have their own personal likings. There are a lot of great guides on here on tanking [Which your gear shows you don't have a problem with due to the sword that you have that I want.] And possibly gemming, I haven't read through them all. I'll link a few that I've seen in a few.
    Need some help or pointers? Ask me for my vent info or for my AIM screen name. You can also hit me up in game on the server Eredar, my name is Franchize. (Horde) <3

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5...planation.html

This is the threat rotation that maximizes TPS.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/...-rotation.html

This is a great guide that displays a lot more detail and thought into a guide, written by Jere.

I'll try to find a gear/gem/chant suggestion
    Need some help or pointers? Ask me for my vent info or for my AIM screen name. You can also hit me up in game on the server Eredar, my name is Franchize. (Horde) <3

Thank you very much for the suggestions bth! I really do not have any issues with my aggro currently. As of right now I'm swapping out some gems for 30sta.

@uglybbtoo - lack of constructive criticism makes me die inside.

No problem man, if you ever want direct discussion about any of this stuff feel free to PM me on the forums for vent info or my aim screenname.

:=) I thought it was constructive

You obviously have read or got enuf advice to do most stuff right but where did the whole gemming for parry come from?

In naxx gear going into ulduar we used to have 32K unbuffed and around 24% dodge etc.

In just badge gear you should be 34-35K as a demonstration
    character planner . aoetank . chardev seven and all that would require no raiding at all.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Yeah, I was trying to be "balanced" all across. I have just somewhat recently come back to WoW from a long hiatus from back when Karazhan was the dungeon to do. Unfortunately I didn't really bother to read much on tanking. So I was just gem'ing what I felt would balance me.

But now, I am wising up! I should be at 35k now with the chest piece I just won! Woo.

+ Reply to Thread