+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit rating for tanks. *confused*

Hit rating for tanks. *confused*

So the best-threat tanks on my server have really really bad hit rating. The best is a warrior with 32 hit rating, the 2nd best is a paladin with 53 hit rating. I'm rocking the hit cap with four +20 hit gems and some hit/stam food (no hit enchants) but now I'm not so sure if I should bother. What to do!

Expertise is a very good threat stat, if you look at that and they will probably be at the cap. Also, they maybe running a ton of SBV for bigger Shield Slams.
    Caboose: My dad always said "Why buy the cow? When you can get the milk for free."
    Church: Rookie did you just call my girl friend a slut?
    Tucker: I think he just called her a cow.

You need 8% hit for your special attacks to not miss. That's Shield Slam, Devastate etc... But, you need 17% for Taunt not to miss, 8% of those can come from the Glyph, which would still miss until you have 9% hit.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

Don't bother. If I take the 245 boots from our next ToC 25, I'll have a grand total of 22 hit rating. I believe I have like 67 or something right now. If you know how to keep up a good rotation, you'll still manage to keep aggro even with cruddy hit rating, and there are many other stats that are far more useful to you, like stamina and armor.

For threat, expertise is twice as good as hit below the soft cap of 26, compared to hit. After 26, expertise is as good as hit. And if there happens to be a boss with parry haste enabled, then the expertise will reduce parry haste on the boss, which is also good. I've heard tanks complain of a lack of hit on t9 gear, and they are busy gemming and enchanting for EH, so there's not a lot of room to boost hit rating with gems or enchants if it isn't already on the gear.

There are only a few things which can fail if you have low hit, like taunts, but glyphing for it, or using some other trick depending on class, can mitigate this.

If you can follow your rotation well enough, like those top gearscored tanks probably are, then you can do enough threat to not need threat.
    Its really only useful for taunts and moves like that. Other than that, should be doing enough threat without it.
    The Ashbringer...

+ Reply to Thread