difference between TOC 10 and TOGC 10
I've cleared TOC10 and TOC25, have 39.3k hp, def capped.
Are there a lot of difference in the tactics used (from a tanking point of view) between TOC 10 and TOGC 10? Or do the mobs just hit a lot harder? If so is there a guide anywhere I can read up on?
Armory if you want to see here
The World of Warcraft Armory
I've got some new legs that will put me to 39.3k HP but I only got them last night and didn't have chance to enchant/gem them.
Northrend beasts basically just hits harder so managing your cooldowns and external cooldowns is important. You might also need good communication with the other tank if dps:ers are slacking and the bosses are gonna overlap.
Jaraxxus doesn't change much but if your offtanking you need to pick up the mistress quickly because melee are probably nuking the portal too and might get gibbed otherwise. You can't stun the infernals on heroic so people actually have to move out of the AoE.
From a tanking perspective The Twins are exactly the same on heroic unless you use some exotic tactic.
Anub'arak is the only fight that changes drastically on heroic. In 10 man you'll get two Burrowers instead of one (4 on 25 man). The Burrowers also keep spawning after 30% so no slacking for the offtank here. And to top it all of you only have 6 patches of ice to use for the whole fight.
Didn't check out your armor for my first post. Your over the defense cap so I would replace the 20 defense gem in your weapon to a 30 stamina gem. When you get more defense from gear I would also replace your cloak enchant with 225 armor and eventually your shield enchant with 18 stamina.
I would also enchant your weapon with Mongoose or Blood Draining or if you feel you need the hit rating for threat, the Accuracy enchant is better than weapon chain.
If you can afford it you should also upgrade your gems to epic quality.
PS. You might be able to enchant your cloak with 225 armor already and go under the defense cap because you have the pvp shoulder enchant with resilience but I can't remember the math for that.
Thanks for the info boogi. I am re-enchanting/gemming my gear for pure stamina when I get upgrades, but at the time I had to have those 20 defence gems to get capped. The peacekeeper blade just isn't worth enchanting with something good so I put a cheap enchant on it. As soon as I get an ardent guard of a Burnished Quel serrar I'll probably put blood draining on it.
When you step into ToGC10, your biggest hurdle will be overcoming the pure pwnage of NRB. The amount of damage (mainly tank but also other stuff) going out and the dps requirements will make you stop & reevaluate how you approach raids.
If you can do that and learn to survive NRB, you have what it takes to do ToGC10 completion. Anub'arak will also give some trouble but it's all pretty doable. Main thing is not to lose morale after repeated wipes on NRB while trying to figure out how to survive Gormok's impale or the worms' spews.
Managing CDs on gormok is key. You'll spend a few wipes wondering just how you're meant to surivie the insane amount of damage coming your way.
Raid DPS needs to be around the 22K+ mark to have a hope of defeating gormok before the worms pop.
I'm going to go down the list of easy upgrades I see for you.
1) Replace your helm with Conqueror's Siegebreaker Greathelm. It's a relatively easy upgrade (58 Emblems of Conquest) that will give you a slight boost in health, armor, and dodge.
2) Replace your 10 def/15 stam gem in your bracers with another 30 stam gem. The +6 stam socket bonus isn't worth it.
3) If you're not having trouble with threat, replace your glove enchant with either Glove Reinforcements (+240 armor) or a Heavy Borean Armor Kit (+18 stam). I prefer Glove Reinforcements, as I believe they give a better EH boost.
4) You've cleared 10 and 25-man ToC but haven't gotten your hands on an Ardent Guard? I'm sorry. Try to get your hands on that and enchant it with either Mongoose or Blood Draining.
5) Depending on how much defense you can spare after equipping your new legs, you can drop either the enchant on your cloak or shield and grab the armor or stamina enchants for those.
6) Talent-wise, you could change a few things also, in my opinion. With the amount of rage you should be gaining from the huge hits you're taking, you should never be rage-starved. Switch out 3/3 Focused Rage for the last 3 points in Shield Spec. Also, 3/3 Deep Wounds is a bigger TPS boost than 3/5 Cruelty.
Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps!
Originally Posted by boogi
It's worth emphasizing more clearly that Northrend Beasts come out at pre-set intervals, rather than waiting until the beast you are currently fighting dies.
This means if you take too long to kill (for example) Gormok, Acidmaw and Dreadscale can come out while Gormok is still up. If Gormok isn't close to dead when the worms come out, it will be... problematic.
If you have really good dps, though, there's no overlap.