Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Raid-Leading Marmots & Screenshot Caption Contest

Weekly Raid-Leading Marmots & Screenshot Caption Contest

These movies can be downloaded in high definition through our Donor Download Service. Click to learn more!

Last Week's Competition -- Screenshot Contest
    We've drawn out the five winners for last week and they will receive a private message on this site within 24 hours! Or, if you recognize your screenshot in this week's contest, you can safely assume you're a winner!

This Week's Competition -- Screenshot Caption Contest
    This week we're doing a screenshot caption contest from last week's winning screenshots! Choose one or several of the following screenshots and give us your funniest caption.

We will draw 5 entries at random to win a Murloc Marine. Among these five, we will decide which caption we like the most and award them a Lil' KT and Pandaren.

You are welcome to respond multiple times to the thread to discuss the movies, but don't add a second post with captions! Posters who make multiple entries or post from multiple accounts will be disqualified. Members who haven't won a pet are welcome to re-enter the contest with each new week!

1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    You suck! Get better!
    2) Some people just lack the ability to be better players, while others just do not care enough to try and be better and do not want to put in the time or commitment required, and still even more players are ok with not being great because they are playing the game for fun or just casually and do not care what others think of them. The problem is when those people want to be competitive raiders and think things will just get handed to them and they can continue to be sup-par players or start talking about how "MY GEAR SCORE IS FIFTY MILLION WHY DO I NEVER GET INVITED TO PUGS" because they do not bother to take the time and learn about their class.

3) watching alienas now! (her intro wins!)
    Last edited by Darksend; 12-01-2009 at 12:15 AM.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! I need something to view while having a sip out of my morning coffee

Donor downloads are up, YouTube is letting me upload the movies now, so they'll be up soon(ish) as well!

When do we see who won the SS contest? I am still not sure who won the Murloc/Mermot movie/song contest.

Also.. I am hoping for Ze Elf Dancing.
    Last edited by Mahavalio; 12-01-2009 at 12:52 AM.

I don't think anyone but the winners know who won, and the winners only know if they won...

If I remember correctly, it was stated somewhere - by Ciderhelm? - that the winners would be sent private messages within 24 hours (of their being picked).
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/...83400JYOhf.png

Quote Originally Posted by Valquirie View Post
    I don't think anyone but the winners know who won, and the winners only know if they won...

If I remember correctly, it was stated somewhere - by Ciderhelm? - that the winners would be sent private messages within 24 hours (of their being picked).
    Yeh, I remember that. I would still like to know who won. Would be interesting to see.

Yeah, I agree. It would be interesting to see what the winning entries were, even if the winners themselves are kept anonymous...to prevent anyone jealous enough from "reacting". :P

I don't necessarily care about who won the last contest, I'm more interested in seeing what the winning contributions were.

Week one was like the BlizzCon tickets -- we had a flood of people respond who actually weren't checking their PMs after the fact. We have 3 Murlocs ready to award for week 1 but 2 that we just can't seem to get a response on. At this point, I'm probably going to have our last week award a couple more Murlocs to get these out somehow.

Anyway, that's your answer!

---

This weeks will be another hour or so before we've got the screenshots selected. Basically, what we'd like to do is have the winning screenshots from last week be the screenshots for this week's caption contest. There's a time issue involved because we had to keep last week's contest running until earlier today, so selection still has to occur.

Can't wait Always fun to see what both Lore and Aliena have to say

Lore's is up!

Ciderhelm, do you sleep, or are you literally a robot

Quote Originally Posted by oodigler View Post
    Ciderhelm, do you sleep, or are you literally a robot
    I am not a robot. However, a robot is responsible for my sleep schedule at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I am not a robot. However, a robot is responsible for my sleep schedule at the moment.
    As if he's ever had a normal sleep schedule. Vampire, I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    As if he's ever had a normal sleep schedule. Vampire, I say!
    No, pretty sure he goes for days without sleep. I swear, no matter what time of the day, he's online.

Also.. I'm an Aliena fan, but Lore's intro made me actually laugh. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariedan View Post
    Also.. I'm an Aliena fan, but Lore's intro made me actually laugh. Sorry!
    WOW

after all I've done for you

you align yourself with... that
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

As always interesting vids. On the topic of raid leading itself: I totally agree with the last bit. I'm the raid leader in my guild and we're a casual raiding guild (2 nights/week) on a low populated server and thus we don't have the option of just removing a bad player from a raid and replacing him/her. That is something we've done for harder parts in 10-man (most notably Mimiron/Algalon-tries and Tribute to Insanity-runs) but for 25-man, there is no option.

What I consider is that as long as you see your members get progressively better, you don't really have to down the content, you're making progression and that's as important as killing the bosses itself and getting the phat l00tz. Because if you're getting progressively better then you will eventually beat content without outgearing it. Just make sure you tackle the right spots (i.e. talk to the bad players) and ask them what they're having troubles on and ask them to talk to other players in the same role (healers talk with other healers in the guild etc) and really try to evaluate what they're doing wrong. I've been doing this approach since TBC and even though I have some alts that I rarely raid with and don't have that impressive gear with, I really see myself getting better on every character I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariedan View Post
    ...he goes for days without sleep. I swear, no matter what time of the day, he's online...
    How do you do that?! Is it a gift one is born with, or can it be acquired?

- - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    ...that
    That's harsh... ->
    Last edited by Valquirie; 12-01-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Minor

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post

That's no way to describe the other half, shameful...lol

Closed Thread