+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chest Enchant

Chest Enchant

I use 275 health cause i consider it better, 10stats gives you some useless stats and 275 is 100% useful..

But... does 275 health scales with kings??

cause 10stats does

I've used 10 stats since it's come out, on both my tank and my dps. I prefer it due to the extra attribute points given to agil, str, etc. But then again, those could be really worthless, I'd imagine raid buffed 10 agility isn't going to really give me a lot of dodge.

On the note of the 275 scaling with kings, I have no idea, but I think it would.
    Need some help or pointers? Ask me for my vent info or for my AIM screen name. You can also hit me up in game on the server Eredar, my name is Franchize. (Horde) <3

i don't think it should, since Stats are stamina, strenght, agility, intellect, spirit...

+275 Health should not scale with Kings, I'd think, since it's direct Health, while Kings increases HP by increasing Stamina by 10% (8% Forgotten).

However, I'd also think that as far as HP benefit from the two is concerned: +10 stats would give 11 stamina at most, translating into 110 Health, while +275 Health gives 275 Health. But, anything that increases stamina would also increase Health, while - to the best of my limited knowledge - almost nothing [else] directly increases Health.

For Death Knights (with VotTW):
    +10 stats gives
    10 + (10%*10) + (3%*10) = 11.3 stamina = 113 Health

+275 Health gives
    275 Health

Therefore, the +275 Health enchant is better...

NB: I, literally, fail at maths; so, if someone could, please, verify if I am wrong or right...Thanks!
    :-)

As those before me have pointed out, though, +10 stats is nice because it increases all stats, but - as has been noted - not all stats are as necessary, e.g Agility, while useful, is not as high-priority as Stamina.
    Last edited by Valquirie; 11-30-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Minor, Formatting
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/...83400JYOhf.png

Since it possibly, and probably, does not stack with kings, I'm assuming Blessing of Sanc. is out of the question to eh? XD

Darn it all.
    Need some help or pointers? Ask me for my vent info or for my AIM screen name. You can also hit me up in game on the server Eredar, my name is Franchize. (Horde) <3

10 stats would give a druid 164 hp with kings in bear form.

to give a definitive answer 275 health is 275 health ALWAYS! 10 stats gets kings and whatever other stam modifiers a class gets

@bth2376:
    Yes, most likely. I keep saying "most likely" because I would never say I am 100.00% sure. :-) But Blessing of (Forgotten) Kings and Blessing of Sanctuary increase stamina, while +275 Health directly increases health without increasing stamina, unlike +10 stats.

@Darksend:
    So, that would mean - if I understand it correctly - that +275 Health is better for Druid tanks, too...
    Last edited by Valquirie; 11-30-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Minor, Formatting

no, 18 stam is 294 HP with kings in bear form.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    no, 18 stam is 294 HP with kings in bear form.
    we're not talking about 18 stam...

we're talking about 10 to all stats... (10stamina instead of 18).

And BTW, Valquirie, Agility is more important than strenght for paladins and druids...

The useless stats = Intellect/Spirit

Ahh, I always thought Druid tanks looked at Agility; wasn't sure how important it was. :P
    So, would +10 stats be better for Druids and Paladins, while +275 Health is better for Death Knights? What about warriors?

no, a druid wants 18 stam. a druid should never use 275 health.

Aha! The Heavy Borean Armor Kit!?! I - and MudNova, too? - was wondering where the 18 stamina, all of a sudden, came from! :P But, yes, that's only stamina, no other stats are affected.

1.) 275 health receives no buffs currently (the only class that used to was DK's but they switched the +%health to +%stam on Frost Pres, Taurens got the same deal).

2.) If you're looking for pure health gain and nothing else, 275 health will give you more than 10 stats, regardless of class, and no one can beat Bear stamina scaling (thus Dark's comment).

3.) If you're looking for net value, you might get more out of 10 stats. Note: Bears get big %stam bonuses, and some small %Str/Agi(and the rest) too from talents in addition to Kings and Imp GotW. So for a Bear, maybe you want to get a little less health and a little more dodge, armor, crit, and AP (all of which are survival values to some degree, and half of which are threat as well).

So, the question is, what's important to you?
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

True fact... what is more important to you??
    However, due to the way TotGC fights are... 275hp would be better imo... EHP ftw

What of armor? That increases the EH of the health on 10 stats. Though I won't do the math just now for each class... =)

does armor is counted as Stat?? O_o

If so, then 10stats could be better..

agi=armor

Yes, i know agi=armor. But i was wondering if the 10stats would also add some armor, since Armor is in the Base Stats menu..

At the end, i think i would just stick to 275hp...

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    What of armor? That increases the EH of the health on 10 stats. Though I won't do the math just now for each class... =)
    Actually, as an avoidance-favoring tank, I got HP on my chest recently, simply because it provides equal TankPoints (and ofc more EH). The same reason I go for Stamina on Shield and Armor on Gloves. Although I do miss the Expertise atm, I'm loving my GoI trinket and glove enchant buffing me to 30k armor buffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

10 Stats = 10 Str, 10 Agi, 10 Stam (and 10 Int, 10 Spi)

And I left it alone before, but technically Valquirie, a Blood DK (Vot3W) with rune of SSG and in Frost Presence:

10 Stam * 1.06 * 1.03 * 1.02 = 11.14 Stam

and with Kings/Sanc and Imp GotW:

10 Stam * 1.06 * 1.03 * 1.02 * 1.10 * 1.02 = 12.49 Stam = 125 health

Then 10 Agi (with Kings and Imp GotW) = 22 armor, ~0.1% dodge, and a little crit varying with class

10 Str for a Blood DK (Vot3W and Abom's Might) and raid buffs = 12.36 Str = 25 AP, and ~0.04% parry

10 Stats is a lot more split. If you're going for pure health or EH, then 275 health is more.

+ Reply to Thread