+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recruit-A-Friend Question

Recruit-A-Friend Question

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question, but I dont see any other section more fitting.

My question is, after my alt reaches 60 or 70 or 80, or whatever level, and I decide to transfer the alt to my main account, will blizz do anything to me?

Thanks

Shouldn't.
    I wouldn't think so anyway, just feeding them more money. lol. As long as the accounts are in the same name theres no rule saying you cant. so. Give it a shot.

Thats how i did it for a couple of alts.

As long as the same name and email address are on both accounts they dont mind.
    Roll with the punches.

Yeah, I did it when my druid hit 60. Popped him to the main account so I didn't have to rebuy BC/WotLK

I've done this with several RaF'd toons. There is nothing wrong with it.

I think Recruit a Friend "runs out," at 60, doesn't it? I've never done it, so someone who has may know better.

Yes, RaF doesn't allow you to level past 60 without buying BC.

yes the xp bonus stops once you hit 60.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks for the quick replies everyone

I've transfered several characters from RAF accounts and had 0 problems.

A handy RAF trick is to get yourself to 59.99, then gift a RAF level. Since it gives a full numeric level, not an experience level. So you'll be 99% thru 60 when you gift the level.
    Khaas the Insane
    My Guild: Face on Fire | My Blog: SRSBusiness

Quote Originally Posted by Horaxe View Post
    I've transfered several characters from RAF accounts and had 0 problems.

A handy RAF trick is to get yourself to 59.99, then gift a RAF level. Since it gives a full numeric level, not an experience level. So you'll be 99% thru 60 when you gift the level.

I wish you would've posted that a year ago when I was RaFing characters.

Btw, in your guys' experience, is it faster using RAF just powerleveling with an 80, or to dual box two different low level characters?

In order to get the experience the toons have to be within a certain level range of eachother, I forget what the range is. Imo find a friend that's an 80 to power your 2 alts through an instance, or RAF with a friend and use your level 80 account to do the powering.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I started 5 boxing when RAF went live. I learned a lot about how to use RAF effectively, so here's what I've learned:

First, both characters must be approximately the same level. To receive the 300% experience bonus (as well as a 10% reputation bonus), both characters must be under level 60 and within 4 levels of each other. That being said, the optimal setup would be your main account with your level 80, and a pair of dummy accounts linked together with RAF.

The RAF characters must be grouped and in close proximity to receive the XP bonus. The bonus applies to both kills and quests, but the quest or kill must be green or higher to the RAF alts.

Again, if you plan to boost with a high level character, they absolutely can NOT be linked to the RAF accounts or you will gain 0 bonus XP.

General RAF Tips
    * Do cloth hand in quests (a donation of .....) at any of the major cities. They are all considered level 60 quests so if you wait til mid 50's with tripxp it will help speed your way thru some levels. I do this for two full level from 53-55. You need 15 stacks of wool, silk, mageweave and runecloth. 3 each for the 5 factions. IF and Org each host two factions, make sure to find them both...err find link to list of turn in quests with items that can be bought...

* Most, if not all?, class quests remain yellow no matter the level reached (at least till level 49 when i did them) so use them to your maximum advantage. The steps give like 15,000xp on most of them at that level.

* When you use RAF to grant levels to your vet account, that the experience on that char levels with you percentage-wise? This means that if your lvl 1 character has 99% experience and only needs one more kill to level up, you can then grant them 59 level to level them up to 60. Once they hit 60, you can check their experience and you'll see that they're STILL at 99% which means that 1 quest should be enough to make them 61. This effectively means that you only need to do 9 levels in Outland instead of 10, saving you roughly the time of gathering 500k experience.

*If you grant levels for an account that was chain linked to another veteran account, those free 30+ levels can be passed on for another free 15 levels to that veteran.

* Once you are friendly with the Argent Dawn you can also turn in 60x Crypt Fiend Parts, Savage Fronds, Bone Fragments, Dark Iron Scraps and Core of Elements for 28650 XP each with the RAF bonus (9550 w/o). This is 143250 total, more then a full level. Doing the Cauldron and Araj quests will get you to friendly and is worth a large amount of XP as well.

* If you grant levels to a level 1, you wasted yourself you a HUGE amount of time. Why? Because using recruit-a-friend on two new account characters both on separate accounts but linked, they level to 10 in about 20 minutes. To level 30 (for me) in about 4 hours. So it make sense to use your raf granting on characters that are level 20 to 30. The 99% is only beneficial if your character will be level 60 at the end of all of your grants. Why? Because whether or not you go out and kill the final target at level 1 (if you're granting levels that will place you under level 60) or kill the final target at whatever your level will be after granting, it doesn't matter. You're still at the same place. You still have one to kill to get your level. If your grants will take you to level 60, then by all means have your experience bar at the highest you can get it prior to doing the grants.

Boosting Strategy
    1-10: Quested, was level 10 before I was finished with level 6 quests.
    10-20: SFK, at level 18 got the three SFK quests and completed those, turned them in just in time to ding 20.
    20-43: SM Armory and Cathedral, got and completed the SM quest at level 30 and turned it in at 43.
    43-51: Zul'Farrak, turned in quests at 51 to get a bit into 52.
    52: BRD pre-req quests (gathering elemental stuff near Flame Crest, killing Overmaster Pyron, the first "Kill on Sight" quest, Commander Gorshak and follow-ups that lead to assignment to kill the Emp" - This was enough to get to 55.
    55 (needed 55 for the Molten Core attunement quest): A full BRD clear, completing all quests. This got me to 58.
    58: The easier Stratholme quests (Archivist, Plagued Flesh, Scourge Data, Fras Siabi). This got me to nearly 60.
    Remaining XP from 59-60: The 30-item turn ins for Marks of Crusade and Marks of Dawn at LHC. I had collected all of these doing BRD and Stratholme.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    Khaas the Insane

Maaaaaan I already linked two accounts to my 80 account under the impression id still get the bonus.

I bought 2 WoW classic accounts but have not activated either of them(was planning on hitting 20 on both toons first), so its not too late/correct? I can just activate the two keys I have and refer the other account from one of the frsh keys?

I just thought of something else. If at the time of buying the c@lassic accounts, I created bnet accounts that are the ones now linked to my main account, when I activate the keys will they be linked to those accounts regardless?
    Last edited by Brainwreck; 11-30-2009 at 12:28 PM.

The accounts are linked based on an email invite, I haven't used RAF since Bnet became a requirement. But I would think that it wouldn't supercede the RAF link and make everything there linked. If you are concerned however, I would email blizz support.
    Khaas the Insane

No, I meant as far as the cd key goes. For example if I created a fresh bnet account could I use that cd key or if its bound to the account that was used at the time of purchase.

RAF is not exclusive of Bnet account linkage, in fact Blizzard has explicitly stated that they don't care if one person buys accounts to RAF their own toons. So, unless there is some very specific reason you want to bind a cdkey to another bnet account, there really isn't a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    RAF is not exclusive of Bnet account linkage, in fact Blizzard has explicitly stated that they don't care if one person buys accounts to RAF their own toons. So, unless there is some very specific reason you want to bind a cdkey to another bnet account, there really isn't a reason to.

Well the reason being I linked two accounts to my 80 account(ones that were used at time of purchase), so unless I am able to use the cd keys on two fresh accounts unlinked to my 80 account, I will not receive the xp bonus

By the linking, I mean this. They can all be under the same Bnet account. That's perfectly fine.

The issue is when you use your main account to invite/create the RAF link in the first place.

When you decide to use RAF, you have to invite someone via eMail. The person doing the invite is considered the veteran account. The one being invited is the recruit. The recruit grants levels to the veteran account, etc. So, in order to power level using a level 80 main, you need a minimum of 3 accounts. The one that your main is on, then a veteran and recruit account.

Both the veteran and recruit must stay within 4 levels of each other (skip class quests, unless you're doing multiples of the same class or something).

The first time I did this on my rogue Cicatriz, I made the mistake of using him to invite an account, I didn't realize the mistake until after I started trying to boost the guy. I added my other 3 accounts in a chain (A linked to B, B to C, C to D) and this fixed the problem.
    Khaas the Insane

+ Reply to Thread