+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior- Returning after 6 months, everything feels wrong.

Prot Warrior- Returning after 6 months, everything feels wrong.

Armory -> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Janissary&gn=Dragoons

About a month ago i returned to wow after about a 6 month break. Since i have come back, everything has seemed to feel off. Healers are not able to keep me up. Dps is pulling aggro. I feel like something is wrong.

I know that my gear is for the most part outdated, but i am working on it. (have mats for sword breakers, and 30 triumph probably going to get t9 gloves) I am not doing anything higher than toc10, and i have been told that i have the stats for it. Likewise, i know that i can optimize my gear a bit further, but it will be a marginal difference. And that marginal difference i dont think will be the difference between me going down and not. Like, if its just that im in over my head, thats fine, but i would like an opinion on if you guys think it my (gears) fault that i feel so squishy.

As for aggro, it again could be my gear. I dont think that my threat rotation is horrible, but i still am being chased very close by some of the dps.

What do you guys think? Is my gear that bad that i should be having these kinds of problems?

Thanks everyone.

For the most part your gemming/enchanting is fine, I'd suggest the following changes:

Regem the other gem in your chest to 30 stam also (unless you are going to make breastplate of the white knight, in which case put all +30 stam gems in that when you get it)

Enchant your cloak with 225 armor

Enchant your gloves with 240 armor

I prefer Tuskarr's Vitality to boots, but your call I guess.

Put 10expertise/15 stam in your gloves, or 10agi/stam or 10dodge/stam.

I'd also suggest getting indestructible plate girdle and spiked death dealers made. The mats aren't too bad (at least not as bad as the bracers/chest).

The main issue I think though is your spec.
    I'd suggest the following: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Deep wounds is a must for threat. If you need more, glyph devastate and vigilance.

Edit: OOH! Totally forgot: Trinket! Get rid of the ony talisman and pick up either essence of gossimir or glyph of indominability.
    Last edited by Aggathon; 11-28-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Aside from what's mentioned above, which has been common practice for the better part of a year now, I'd have this to say: Nothing has changed in the last 6 months to make you more squishy or to hinder your threat output. Your defensive stance now only reduces your damage done by 5% down from 10% and your Devastate ability now does nearly double the damage. The only thing I can think of at this point is maybe you're not picking it up in the manner you should be, or maybe you've been doing it wrong all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Neither hit capped, nor expertise softcapped; thats gonna hurt your threat output a fair whack.

in my EHP gear I have 60 hit and 36 expertise. Don't sweat it. Keep your shield slam rotation tonight, and you should be alright.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

UPDATE:
    Well I upgraded to the Sword Breakers, and t9 Gloves. I did voa 10 last night, and my threat was much better. The change in spec i think helped a lot, as did me making sure that i was HSing on close to every possible swing. I am like 29 Hit rating from the cap, so i am very close.

Sitting at about 34K unbuffed, and survival in voa was not a problem. So i am feeling a good bit better, and hopefully will be ready for at least the 5man icecrown dungeons in a couple weeks.

+ Reply to Thread