+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crit while having 545 in defense skill?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Karekka View Post
    Wapach's Spaulders of Solidarity - Item - World of Warcraft They look exactly the same as the dps shoulders from ToC5, so I can only assume that's what he'd be using
    Well...then there's that! Dunno why they had to make so many sets of gear look the same...totally makes for hazzardous discussion on the forums!
    Noob Prot Pally - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Grubsnik View Post

Screenshot tells is all really, i saw it pop op on my screen and couldn't really believe it. After the instance was over, i went back and checked. And there it is, me getting crit, even though i should have 10 defense skill more than is needed.

Is there any rational explanation for this?
    You aint the only about getting crit, I have 561 def and I been crit also but when I show it to my guild they say i am lying and stuff, there isnt a real explaination about thing but it is proof that warriors are still broken and that is an issue blizz needs to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Valalvax View Post
    Assuming it's 100% increased chance to hit, your 571 defense skill is 6.83% less chance to crit, which is just 1.23% chance less from crit cap 5.40%, plus your resil crit reduction which is 1.17 = a 2.4% less to crit

5.40-5.40+100.00-1.17-1.23=97.6

Also, for PvE/tanking, Resilience should only be used WITH defense to become crit capped, not be used INSTEAD of it

He had a 97.6% chance to crit

It was an test exercise NOT what I usually tank in :=)

The detail on the spell hint is somewhat unclear what was meant .. we were really playing around with crap for unbalanced off Thor in ulduar but normal TOC we knew with Eadric was a good place to get crit.

AND Leo99

/QUOTE
    "You aint the only about getting crit, I have 561 def and I been crit also but when I show it to my guild they say i am lying and stuff, there isnt a real explaination about thing but it is proof that warriors are still broken and that is an issue blizz needs to fix."
    /UNQUOTE

That is rubbish all tanks get crit from his special and warriors are not broken learn to tank ^.^
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    You have 545 defense with DPS shoulders on?
    my tank gear that lacks just shoulders I got 548 def

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    It was an test exercise NOT what I usually tank in :=)

The detail on the spell hint is somewhat unclear what was meant .. we were really playing around with crap for unbalanced off Thor in ulduar but normal TOC we knew with Eadric was a good place to get crit.
    Hehe, just makin sure there, unbalanced I think you could theoretically stack resil/defense and lower the chance you could get hit, being as it lowers your defense by x amount, but an extra 100% chance to crit means just that, I suppose it does cap out at 100% though, but if you add 100% to 5.6 then -5.6 from 450 defense does it still equal 100 or 94.4, and then minus whatever EXTRA defense/resil you have..

All in all however, I can take a hit from this pansy ^_^, Thorim on the other hand, never even done him, but the trash mobs (the monks I think) do a Unbalancing Strike as well, it's probably be better to test on them guys, pull a pack, kill everything but the monk, pull another pack, kill, pull another kill, then just test that way

+ Reply to Thread