+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glove Enchant, What Are You Using?

Glove Enchant, What Are You Using?

I've started to really contemplate what to do to get the most out of my gear and have been really crunching numbers.

Basically there are 3 tank glove "enchants" that are used currently

2% Threat + 10 Parry aka Armsman
    +18 Stamina aka Heavy Borean Armor Kit
    +240 Armor aka Glove Reinforcements

Now I've been using armsman for quite some time now, but with not having threat problems for quite some time now, I have been giving the other two enchant a thought.

I just put the +18 stam to gloves on a few minutes ago, but I'm really wondering if +18 stam(roughly 180hp) is more beneficial than pure mitigation from 240 armor.

What are your opinions and what are you guys running?

I'm using 20 agility: 0.4% dodge, some armor and 0.4% crit.

+ 800 armor (love it)

240 armor cause my armor is low as hell.

pointless on magic dmg fights i know, but i rarely tank anyways so i just go for eh through armor.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

right now using +20hit

Using expertise
    sKsBlaster/Blasterion for Stim Kill Smile and Last Light on Stim Kill Smile and MedivhUS

240 armor (if not engineering and can get 885 armor to gloves) is the best, but it kind of varies depending on your current armor/hp levels. Run the numbers through an EH calculator. And while yes, 18 stam is applicable to all types of damage, most damage at the moment is physical. Who knows, maybe ICC will change that, but I like the mitigation+ehp armor provides, and you get a little AP while you're at it too (at least for warriors and dks).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+hit
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

I used +20 hit for the longest time because I wanted less strain to be hit-capped. By the time I didn't need it, I didn't really need the threat boost from Armsman, so I reasonably quickly swapped to +885 armor.

If you're dealing with the old ones, generally speaking, I'd favor health, but the choice is easier with some class specs. I'm guessing you're asking for your DK so as Blood I'd say stam, and Frost/Unholy I'd use the armor.

As a Bear, the stamina becomes a LOT more than 180 hp, so it's an easier choice (if you're only picking from BC enchants of course =D). Warriors and Paladins are a bit more of a choice, I think I might favor armor for my Warrior and stam for my Pally.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Becayse I am not an engineer I use 240 armor just for the extra EH.
    Last edited by krc; 11-27-2009 at 08:23 AM.

240 armor for extra EH
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

+240 armor.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Agi like was said earlier. Seems to be fine. Yes I would love the extra HP's from armor kit would be cool but I'm stubborn and stuck in my ways...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    Basically there are 3 tank glove "enchants" that are used currently

2% Threat + 10 Parry aka Armsman
    +18 Stamina aka Heavy Borean Armor Kit
    +240 Armor aka Glove Reinforcements
    That's a pretty generic list of possible tanking enchants. I'd add 20 agi to gloves as being a top pick for bears, and hit/expertise for low level tanks.

My bear uses agi, but I tried +2 threat bank in nax days (oldskule version, as 10 parry is useless), but it didn't improve my quality of life in any way.

My pally uses armsman, but I am contemplating the 240 armor. 18 stam is great for pure magic fights, but it's not as utilitarian. If i had enough extra pieces to the point where I had 3 gloves, I'd make a stam gloves with 18 armor, an armsman/hit/expertise one for threat, and 240 armor for everything else. If I was an engineering tank, it wouldn't even be a contest, there's precious few reasons to never take a profession specific bonus, unless you have a really bad combo for your spec (like mining and skinning for a holy priest).

+18 stam via Heavy Borean Armor Kit.

Well like I said, I've got the +18 stamina on there now, and I'm gona see how ToGC 25 works out with both setups(bringing a couple of Glove Reinforcements).

My choices are Expertise, Armor or Stamina.
    Expertise for my threat-gloves (the DPS increase & reduced parry gib chance beat the extra threat from armsman imo)
    Armor for my 'normal' gloves
    Stamina for my EH "I have lots of HP, inv me to your PuG" set
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+885 armor (only reason to be an eng anymore, other than the cool parachute)

but with not having threat problems for quite some time now
    Tell your dps to play better :P. While i wont say i have threat problems, our dps does their best to make sure i sweat for it, pushing 6K-7K threat themselves. We dont always have a hunter/rogue so i'm sticking with the threat enchant. When threat is REALLY no problem, i use +hit (i hate missing taunts & i refuse to glyph for it)

+ Reply to Thread