+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior - Target Dummy Practice

Fury Warrior - Target Dummy Practice

I am looking for suggestions on how/what to improve on. I have begun DPSing in raids since we have an excess of tanks so I have started rolling on DPS gear and gotten some upgrades but my DPS doesn't seem to reflect any improvement.

Here is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory
    However at the time of writing this the armory hasn't updated because I have upgraded to the ilvl245 tier legs and switched back to all strength gems but the armory isn't showing it.

Here is a WoL log from some Target Dummy practice (about 12 minutes for 2 Battle Shouts):
    World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
    Obviously the 4.3k dps on the Boss Target Dummy isn't a reflection of raid DPS but does give a decent idea of skill usage/etc.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Armory is now showing the correct gear
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 11-25-2009 at 10:38 PM.

56 Slam! procs, 19 Slam! hits.

Otherwise it looks like you are topping out around 5-5.5k on the dummy, which is some hefty damage on those dummies. You should be hitting a lot harder in raids as you know, so I'd say if you get those slam! procs down you'll be maxed out dps wise.

*What I have noticed with Fury is if your rotation is spot on a gear upgrade makes a big difference in your dps.. but when you are still getting used to it the upgrades are not as noticeable*
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Actually I think you are miss-reading the log.

56 Slam! procs, that is correct however it is 19 hits and 25 crits = 44 total. So about 78.6% usage

You need to gem for ArP up to 53% so your soft capped.

Get a mod that tells you when slam procs so you dont miss them.

Sorry Squirrel, I looked quick and didn't notice the crits. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Sorry Squirrel, I looked quick and didn't notice the crits. My bad.
    No worries, you were trying to help and the more suggestions the better
    Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    You need to gem for ArP up to 53% so your soft capped.
    According to Landsoul's spreadsheet I am looking at a max of:
    8048 DPS with all str gems

If I were to add ArP gems to reach 100% ArP on trinket proc I would be looking at:
    8060 DPS

So a total difference of 12 DPS. I suppose it is worth considering but as I upgrade more gear I would continually have too much ArP and just keep re-gemming more Str. Do you think it is worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    Get a mod that tells you when slam procs so you dont miss them.
    I use a combination of Mik's for sound proc notifications on Slam as well as Satrina's Buff Frames with a bar and timer dedicated to Bloodsurge procs right by my character so I always see them.

Right now its looking like in ICC we will be able to gem for ArP can get capped without a trinket, so yeah its worth it. even if you go over cap with new gear, when you get into ICC your going to replace your runestone and get capped without it.

Does gemming for ArP scale better then STR in a raid? I re-gemmed ArP so that I am a little over 52% ArP = about 100% on trinket proc, however running the h daily 5 man heroic my DPS seemed lower then when I was gemmed for STR

Is that normal?

My dps is usually lower in heroics, as you are lucky to have your impale tick at all by the time the mob is dead. It's tough to say until you hit a raid boss for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Does gemming for ArP scale better then STR in a raid? I re-gemmed ArP so that I am a little over 52% ArP = about 100% on trinket proc, however running the h daily 5 man heroic my DPS seemed lower then when I was gemmed for STR

Is that normal?
    I think you didn't have SA, and without that, arp is worse than strength.

I didn't have what? The only difference was the switch of gems from Str to ArP

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    I didn't have what? The only difference was the switch of gems from Str to ArP
    Sunder Armor. Because Mjolnir Runestone only has about a 20% up time you need sunder armor on the boss as well as raid buffs for ArP to be >STR. so basically ArP sucks in heroics.

Does that mean its effectiveness is lost on fights such as Jaraxxus where portals and ads need to die quickly? Makes me re-think gemming for ArP since the DPS gain is very minimal and the loss on quick fights could cause a problem.

Do you run with a warrior tank?

I am our guild MT and our other tanks are Druid, Warrior & a new Pally. Since our GM wants to benefit from having a Pally tank I have bowed out in current content (except for the hardest heroic fights and until icecrown) so that the Pally has a spot and the other Warrior doesn't get screwed.

So with that being said, yes we generally do have a Warrior tank in our 25m raids however on fights such as Jaraxxus usually the Warrior will be on the boss since he can help with interrupts and keep sunders on him. While that is good for the fight as a whole, it limits the sunder ability on Heroic portals & ads since I am really the only one putting them up

If you've a rogue with you, and the ads haven't this much hp (I'm not raiding, so I don't really know the content ), you could use expose armor
    It has the advantage, that it only needs 1 or 2 combo points, if the fight isn't that long, but also reduces armor by 20%.

+ Reply to Thread