+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally Next steps...

Prot Pally Next steps...

My Prot Pally (I just logged out in tanking gear), I'm looking for upgrades from the Badge vendor specfically Triumph and conquest. I plan on getting the t8 chest first with conquest badges (58 I'm at 41) to complete my two set bonus for that and its a pretty big upgrade. The thing I'm more worried about is the Triumph badges, I'm at 38 right now and I'm thinking about getting the ring or should I saved up and get the shoulders or belt?

I know a lot of upgrades I can get in Naxx and Ulduar but my server is pretty bad at those instances and I don't try to run Ulduar 25's. With that in mind, what should my next upgrade be? You can mention anything that I haven't stated with whatever you think I should do, I'm just at a cross roads at the moment.

EDIT: I just checked and I'm in my prot gear now.
    Last edited by PvtCaboose; 11-26-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Checked armory and I'm in my prot gear

That ring would be a tremendous upgrade. I would get the ring first, followed by the libram (200 dodge is what, 3% after diminishing returns?).

Your gear is properly gemmed and enchanted, however your spec is pretty screwy. Benediction is all but worthless, and you chose extra crit instead of the damage from Crusade - Crusade is one of the best TPS talents you can get, and is one of the main reasons that we go into the Ret tree. I will give credit where credit is due though - you specced into Vindication, which is a fantastic talent that many tanks overlook.

I would spec like this: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

You have nice stuff a couple of things.

1) You are missing 18 stam for blue gems you can still upgrade a couple of gems slots from 22 stam to 30 and buy another 30 stam. Replace you 16 def gems with 20 so that should allow you to get the one more 30 stam gem in one of those spots.

2)Change your weapon enchant to mongoose or one of the other 2 unfortunately I never remember the names you can search this forum though blood drain comes to mind.

5) Upgrade to the librham with block value not the agility one.

6) The ring upgrade would be nice but if you are saving for the chest get that fist.

7) FYI: Shoulders require less badges at the colosium vendor during pvp tournaments.

Your talent spec is right on looks like prefered build.
    My talanets and glyphs are identical to yours great minds think alike

You are basically at the point where you need to raid to get better gear though or the daily badges which take forever. I soo you do not have any professions take up blacksmithing to get the 2 extra gems slots and mining with that to level it.

My 2 cents....if you want to level another professsion after you max blacksmithing drop mining and pick up jewelcrafting.

I hate leveling professions after I am 80 though.

Thanks for the imput guys.

About the professions, I was going to go with Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting for the obvious bonuses of having those two professions I usually just power level it but I have no gold atm so I'm going to have to mine A LOT!

I have a lot of 200/213 gear that I don't feel comfortable putting epic gems in since I'm broke right now, but I will when I get better gear (the 219's will probably get epic gems)

Again, with my weapon I don't like to put a lot of money into it, though I try to run Naxx every week but never make it to KT, so I might end up doing that.

I currently am using the Judgement/block value libram, I'm looking to upgrade to the dodge one from emblem of triumphs like Harmacry stated.

I did pick up the ring, with emblems of conquest I plan on getting the shoulders still, I am almost there I only need a few more badges.

I did change my spec to the better one, I ran a few heroics and already see that I do more TPS

The biggest problem I have is I raid but its always with pugs and sometimes fail. I think I'll put together a pug next week ;-) Hopefully do better.

Anyway you can find a guild so you don't have to pug? That might help even a bit.

Professions. I don't unerstand how you got to 80 and did take any at all. Mining give you 60 stam and is basically free, I don't think I've ever seen someone have a hodir shoulder enchant and not have professions. To me its a must to have these, reguardless of what you take its still a help.

As said epic gems and overall man the toon looks good.

+ Reply to Thread