+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Feral Kitty/Bears!

Question for Feral Kitty/Bears!

Heyas,

I've been a feral kitty DPS for the entire duration of my play time in this game. Just recently my guild has asked of me that I dual spec kitty with bear tank, which I'm excited to do.

The only thing that has been confusing the hell out of me is that kitty/bear dualspec is different than every other single one because of one small problem. Most of the kitty dps gear, IS the same gear for tanking as a bear. The tier 9, etc, most things...

My question to you guys who are both kitty dps, and bear tanks is: How do you handle gemming and enchanting? I seriously can not imagine Gemming and enchanting ALL of your armor to tank for two bosses, then your guild asks you to DPS, so you Gem and enchant it all there on the spot. That seems ridiculous and not likely...

So, do you have duplicates of items? Some items you can't have duplicates of as well. OR do you mainspec bear, gem and enchant everything for bear, and when asked to DPS simply equip dps rings and trinkets, and DPS the best you can with stam gems, etc?

It's really confusing me... If someone could shed some light on this situation, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

2 sets of gear?

You are a cat, you get a t9 helm, ebon blade enchant 21 agi meta. You get a second t9 helm and put an argent crusader enchant and a 32 stam meta. Until you get a second t9 helm, did you vendor your t8 DPS helm? never ever do that, ever.

Yea, I figured as much for that, but are you saying I should get another of every item I have?

Basicaly from what I can think of, I have two options:

1. Aquire a whole new set of Feral Gear and gem + enchant it for tank, so that I can swap into it when tanking.

2. Enchant and gem gear to tank, and get tanking trinkets/rings, etc. When asked to DPS as kitty, equip dps/trinkets rings, and suffer the decrease in DPS from having Stam gems, etc.

The first option seems, obviously, like the best choice. I just don't know how people would feel on me taking gear that I already have when it drops, but technically, it's for an offspec so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.

So, what do you guys do? I'm up for any and all suggestions.

NEVER EVER EVER get rid of old gear. I have 4 of the same pair of bracers, 2 in my bags 2 in my bank ungemmed and unenchanted. We get to anub 25 heroic, pull one of the 2 out of my bank slap an nr enchant and a 30 stam gem, still have my tanking and DPS.

When ulduar came out I had 4 full sets of t7, one with stam gems and stam enchants, one with agi gems and agi/avoidance enchants, a dps set, and an entire set sitting in my bank taking up 5 bank slots with no gems and no enchants. I think at one point I had 6 of the same tanking cape from naxx, incase I needed different resist enchants.

Since you are kitty main as soon as you upgrade a kitty item with a new drop, that old item should already have a tanking enchant and tanking gems.

Ok, I see exactly what you are saying, and that is certainly the best route to go, I agree. Only bad thing Is I'm only NOW deciding to do offspec tank, so I've gotten all this gear, and didn't expect this.

I guess what's going to happen now, Is I'll have to collect tanking gear, and slowly build a set up.

So it's just a matter of some work, and much time.
    Guess I'd better get started

I may get slapped down for saying this, but you can probably tank just fine in Cat gear. Agility is okay for Bears still, as this is armour and dodge as well as crit and AP.

Of course, seperate rings, trinkets, cloak, etc would help immensely. And any duplicate items you can pick up would also help. But generally Bears can get away with this due to the baked in tanking stats gained from simply being a Bear.

This wouldn't work for high end tanking, as MUCH more stamina, etc is needed. Not to mention the metas, and enchants.

I dunno, might still be okay for an offtank. Hard to say though, really, without knowing the complete gear situation and the rest of the tanks in the raid.

There are going to be items that you want for bear instead of cat anyways in the normal armor slots. The stormrage helm is good for bears but pretty poor for cats as an example. If you are a 25 man guild, start running the 10 man ToC/ToGC hard and picking up as much gear as possible.

If all you are doing is being a rare OT and you aren't doing things like heroic beasts tanking you can probably get away gemming agility in your bear set. You'd want to get a seperate head/shoulders/cloak/pants/rings/trinkets for the tanky stats / enchants.

+ Reply to Thread