+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keep An Eye On This

Keep An Eye On This

http://skill-capped.com/

Looks promising

Looks nice, how come you know of this? It seems barely started. Has potential though, is this yours?

Nah not mine, I subscribe to Belligerent on youtube and he mentioned it in his latest video.

YouTube - I'M BACK! Gear Update And Stuff Lulzvlog17

and you have to pay for it

i was really looking forward to this because i really don't like arenajunkies, but since i have to pay for it i'm stuck with aj.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

It would be nice if they let you to take a look at forums or videos etc. Only one video from Dahis is not enough for me to pay $6 a month tbh. I will wait for some inside info.
    Last edited by Descartes; 03-08-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: mistype

Well, I bought a 3 month one-time subscription (because 1 month didn't work -.-) and right now I can tell that it's not worth it but it might very well be once the site gets filled.

First of all, this site is almost empty. There's not much on it yet. Every Gladiator has his profile that you can click but no one has filled in info yet, no specs, no bio, no nothing. There are however some videos. This is where one thing kicks in that is annoying me a bit, you can watch videos in a incredibly low resolution (eg. you can see huge pixels, text is unreadable) or in 720p BUT you can only watch 30 videos in 720p per month. I accidentally hit F5 while watching a 720p video and it took away 1 720p credit from me. :\. For most videos right now, non-720p is not so bad though, the audio is really clear and for some guides video isn't really needed to get what the person is talking about.

Most videos right now are just very basic stuff. People going over their UI (which is the default UI + 4-5 addons in like 90% of the cases), macros, spec, gearing and what stats to look for. Nothing that you can't find with a little bit of reading around the internets. I of course haven't watched all videos yet but between Gladiators of the same class a lot of info is double, like I watched most priest videos and pretty much every priest tells you about the same macros.

There are some comp videos none of the comps I play though so I only watched RMP vs. RMP from a rogues view but it was okay. Good, thorough explanation.

The forum and the articles aren't really working right now, not sure if that's an issue with my account but if I try to enter either of them it kicks me to my login page page while I'm still logged in.

So yeah, if this fills in and all the Glads make some more videos, write some articles and the managent works out the websites faults it could be worth trying it out. Right now, I'd stay away, the only warrior video right now is "Offensive Playstyle" by Dahis.

If you have any question, I'd be happy to answer them.

To give you an idea of video quality: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1852/52498209.png
    Fullscreen of course being even worse: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6488/81101175.png
    Last edited by Edgar; 03-08-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks for detailed info Edgar, gonna wait for a couple of months then.

P.S. the video quality sucks donkey balls regarding your example.

Thanks Edgar. And from what I've seen so far I was planning on waiting a while. Multiple Delays and now the site doesn't work when it launches -_-

PS Video quality does indeed suck from those pics

nice design and all, but would never pay for it... even after those reviews lol.

Because of the horrible lag and problems the site had in it's baby steps everyone got 10 extra HD streams (which are easily rip-able).

Kind of a nice thing to do.

Smart idea...coulda paid for vet school

+ Reply to Thread