+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HL pally gear suggestions...

HL pally gear suggestions...

So I just came back to the game after having taken a break for a few months (family stuff) and have made the switch frol FoL focus to HL focus. The trouble I am running into is the lack of gear with mp5. Haste is fairly easy to come by, but getting away from the constant crit gear and often pieces with hit (which i realize is totally useless) is giving me trouble. I was wondering what suggestions you folks might have for gear upgrades/tweaks.

I unfortunately do not have ready access to 25-mans or heroic/hardmodes, but my guild is progressing through ICC content.

Thanks

You can def get ure new hpally party started simply by farming heroics and getting the 232 gear aswell as some 245. Stack int everywhere u can dont go for mp5 u want itemized gear as sp/haste/crit. having enough haste? i doubt it ure trying to aim above the softcap which is 675. HL is dependent on judging and divine plea for mp5 and that is based solely on int. so id look for sp/haste/crit itemized gear and then int gem.

For gearing, simply look at the following things and then browse triumph/frost vendors, as well as loot lists for the 10man content. My suggestion is use sites like WoWHead or MMOChamp, go through the bosses/vendor drops that you can achieve, and prioritize items based on this:

You shouldn't be wearing any gear that has Hit or Spirit, its wasted itemization points so immediately throw all those items out of "to get" lists.

Next, look at intellect value. Highest INT pieces are typically number 1, remember to include +20 INT per socket when figuring this out, as well. Second comes haste, you obviously would like items with haste on it more than anything else. In 10man/non heroic gear when I doubt you'll be pushing over 900, you'll need as much haste as you can. After haste is Mp5, which is currently above Crit as a regen stat. Ignore the previous poster, crit as our sole regen stat went out the windows with the nerfs.

So, look for items with Haste/Mp5/SP. Many of these items are mail drops, because Resto shaman itemization is quite similar to our own. Don't be afraid to roll on these items as main spec, itemization wise its just as good for us as it is them.

Some examples of easy to get gear off the top of my head:
    The 245 badge trinket, that adds 124 INT.
    The 245 mail helmet that is Haste/Mp5/SP

These are both very good starting options, without your armory I cannot say much more.
    || Tierax || ADELANTE-GUILD.COM - US ARTHAS (PVP) ||
    Healing Officer / Holy Paladin / Retired Protection Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by 7he0ne View Post
    You can def get ure new hpally party started simply by farming heroics and getting the 232 gear aswell as some 245. Stack int everywhere u can dont go for mp5 u want itemized gear as sp/haste/crit. having enough haste? i doubt it ure trying to aim above the softcap which is 675. HL is dependent on judging and divine plea for mp5 and that is based solely on int. so id look for sp/haste/crit itemized gear and then int gem.
    sp/haste/mp5 is the better itemization versus sp/haste/crit. Since the last illumination nerf and the buff to mp5 on gear, mp5 is the superior regen stat. Personally, I aim to keep my haste at or around the soft cap of 676, and look to increase my int/mp5/sp after that (Even as a HL oriented pally I still use FoL alot on trash/heroics).

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

For those that were asking i wanted to add my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oon&cn=Poledre

Crit on Hpally gear

Ignore the previous poster, crit as our sole regen stat went out the windows with the nerfs.
    I personally stack crit, and I rarely run out of mana, I usually don't have to refresh my mana pool until after the first boss in any roic (IC included.)

btw- a little off topic, but you're not hitting your meta gem slot, you might wanna re-gem a few things, and/or invest in a nightmares tear

Here's my gear on wow-heroes if you wanna look it over, and no, I didn't buy a battered hilt, I got it day one before they nerfed it
    http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...&name=Apostasy

This is the ranking of gear for a HL build form best to worst:

1) SP/Haste/MP5

2) Sp/Haste/Crit

3) Sp/Crit/mp5

Crit is not nearly as good as it used to be for us while mp5 is much much better than it used to be.

From your armory; I'd say the biggest thing you can improve with relative ease is your trinkets.

There is a 245 trinket, a drop from 5man regular ToC, the DMC, and a drop from 10man Algalon if you can, that are all superior to the two trinkets you are wearing. In general, any trinket with +INT is superior to anything else and luckily they are all easy to farm. You can't always tell that from armories, since I've been wearing my heroic Solace lately.

I personally stack crit, and I rarely run out of mana, I usually don't have to refresh my mana pool until after the first boss in any roic (IC included.)
    It isn't about running out of mana, it never has been. I believe it is more about being able to burst for long periods of time, without having to use DP. (Or at the very least, DP only very sparingly.) This becomes increasingly important on HMs, in the worst case event when there isn't 15seconds of light healing where its safe to plea. This wasn't a problem with ToGC, because Anub was essentially structured that you could go into P3 with a full mana bar and that was the only fight where tank healing was ever an issue.
    Last edited by Tierax; 02-01-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    || Tierax || ADELANTE-GUILD.COM - US ARTHAS (PVP) ||
    Healing Officer / Holy Paladin / Retired Protection Warrior

Here is a list I used to gear up. I know a couple of the emblem pieces are out of date and could be subbed for ilev 245 Triumph gear and for the bracers the Crafted Plate Sunforge (i think) Bracers are great and very affordable now. You will not have to touch a 10 or 25 man raid to get any of this gear. You can get some nice upgrades from ToC 10/25 and Ony 25 but that is up to you and if you want to get into those raids. I agree the Tears of the Vanquished is better than Ephemeral Snowflake and way easier to get.

Here is what i currently have on http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Vailladin (i usualy log off in holy spec)

Head
    Item Level
    Where
    Helm of the Spirit Shock
    from Devourer of Souls in Forge of Souls
    Turalyon's Headpiece
    50 Emblems of Triumph

Neck
    Item Level
    Where
    Arcane Loops of Anger
    ilev 232
    from Devourer of Souls in Forge of Souls
    [Frozen Tear of Elune]
    ilev226
    19 Emblems of Conquest

Shoulder
    Item Level
    Where
    Turalyon's Spaulders
    30 Triumph Badges

Chest
    Item Level
    Where
    Ensorcelled Nerubian Breastplate
    Crafted by leatherworkers
    Chestpiece of High Treason
    Drops from Falric 1st boss in Hall of Reflection
    Turalyon's Tunic of conquest
    50 Emblems of Triumph

Wrist
    Item Level
    Where
    [Armbands of the Construct]
    Dropped by XT-002 Deconstructor 10 in Ulduar but is BoE so you can find in the AH for under 200 gold
    [Zartson's Jungle Vambraces]
    Can be bought with 60 Emblem of Valor

Weapon
    Item Level
    Where
    Seethe
    Devourer of Souls in Forge of Souls (yes i know it has hit)
    Mariel's Sorrow
    Drops off Eadric the Pure one of the two potential 2nd bosses in ToC 5 man Heroic

Shield
    Item Level
    Where
    Protector of Frigid Souls
    boss of Pit of Saron (2nd dungeon) NOTE: REGULAR MODE NOT HEROIC
    [Protective Barricade of the Light]
    35 Emblems of Heroism

Libram
    Item Level
    Where
    [Libram of Renewal]
    From Ninsianna for 15 [Embelem of Heroism]. Seriously, you are going to have this forever, there is nothing better to replace it right now

Trinkets
    Item Level
    Where
    [Talisman of Resurgence]
    50 Embelms of Triumph
    Ephemeral Snowflake
    Drops from Marwyn 2nd boss in Halls of Reflection
    Tears of the Vanquished
    Drops from The Black Knight in REGULAR TOC NOT HEROIC

Rings
    Item Level
    Where
    [Heartmender Circle]
    35 Emblems of Triumph
    [Signet of Hopeful Light]
    Rep Reward from Argent Crusade you must be exaulted, replace with ICC rep ring or if you have cash the ring of the kirin tor
    Ashen Band of Wisdom
    Rep Reward for Ashen Verdict (Friendly)

Feet
    Item Level
    Where
    Mudslide Boots
    Scourgelord Tyrannus last boss in the Pit of Saron
    Sabatons of Rapid Recovery
    40 Emblems of valor
    [Poignant Sabatons]
    BoE item from Naxx 25, sells for cheap now in the AH

Legs
    Item Level
    Where
    Legguards of the Frosty Depths
    First boss of Pit of Saron the forgemaster
    Turalyon's Greaves
    50 Emblems of Triumph

Vailladin
    Last edited by Vailladin; 02-03-2010 at 02:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread